38 • Marinette (UNEDITED)

It was at that moment, when the shock and realisation all clicked on Vixen's face, that my heart gave a great heave of familiarity. Familiarity that was completely unfamiliar to me.
    "W-what do you me—" I started, but got cut off by a booming laughter.
    I looked over to Chatnoir, meeting with his worried green eyes.
   We all slowly turned around to meet Paris' greatest supervillain.
   He stood a good ten metres away from us, a great cloud of black butterflies at his back. They fluttered around him like a swarm of locusts, ready to start destroying all the crops in the fields.
   I heard shouts and screams for help in the distance, and I saw flashes of colour, bubbles, slime, pigeons, ribbons, perfume in the air, frozen statues of people fading away slowly, black, armour-wearing knights running around the streets.
   You name a villain, we had it.
   The pedestrians of Paris were quickly diminishing, especially at the rate we were going at now. We had to find a way to defeat Hawkmoth, and fast.
   "Hand over your miraculous ladybug and Chatnoir, and I will leave Paris in peace, if not, then at my command, Paris will fall to ruins." His voice sent deep chills down my spine, but I took a deep breath and summoned up every last centimetre of my confidence.
    "That will never happen Hawkmoth, and you know it." I gritted through my teeth. "We are going to defeat you, whatever it takes."
    A sinister grin spread over his face. "Do I? Well then ladybug, you should know that it's going to take more than a ladybug, a black cat, and a fox to stop me." He raised his cane.
   The massive cloud of butterflies came rushing at us all at once. I gasped, and clutched my yo-yo tightly in my fist.
   "Ladybug! Have anything that could help us right now?" Vixen yelled as the butterflies came descending down to us.
    My lucky charm! Ofcourse! I still held the poka-dotted butterfly net in my hand, having completely forgotten about it during the time when Vixen had realised my identity.
    Grinning, my lucky vision highlighted the mass of butterflies, then the yo-yo that was still clutched in my hand. A plan formed in my head, although chat was going to playing a large part in the role.
    I quickly wrapped the stick of the net with string from my yo-yo, making sure that it stayed close a to the tip. Securing it with a knot, I started batting away the black whirlwind of akumas that were surrounding us, blocking all of our vision with black wings, and paper-cutting our faces with their sharp edges.
    I glanced wildly around, trying to capture a glance at my black-cat partner and heart mate, but seeing no sign of him, I had to start rounding up the butterflies on my own to clear a path to wherever he was. But just as I started swing my weapon around, I captured a glimpse. Of him a couple of metres to my left. I ran to him, calling out his name, but as I neared, I knew that something was wrong.
   He didn't smile when he saw me, and the akumas didn't seem to be attacking him, but instead, were accumulating behind him. And when he saw me, he gave me a sickly sweet smile and raised his baton.
    I gasped and stopped.
    "You've got the wrong cat." He said, and lunged at me.
   I quickly dodged, then swung my yo yo around, capturing a couple of butterflies with the net and also capturing copycat by his ankle and tripping him over. But he got back up and summoned his cataclysm, charging at me once again.
    Just before I could land another swing of my yo-yo at him, Vixen leaped out of the mass of butterflies, swing her flute at him which he blocked in time with his baton.
    "Go! I know you have a plan! I'll hold him down!" She yelled to me.
    I nodded and went off to find chat again.
    I swung my yo-yo around in front of me as a shield, and also capturing several butterflies in my net, and several times, I tried cleansing the ones that I caught, managing to free some of the akumas that turned into crisp, white butterflies as I let them free.
    In no time, I had found chat, but he wasn't alone...
   Volpina was there, facing him with her long flute. She had made eight illusions of herself, and all of them surrounded chat, leaving him no way to escape. Each one moved closer and closer to him, and he was wildly looking around to try and see if there was any possible clue of which Volpinas was real, and which Volpinas weren't.
    But then I saw one of the doppelgängers bunch up, holding her flute out in front of her in a striking position, unlike all the others around her. Chatnoir was turned away from her at the moment, and I could hear his miraculous beeping.
   "Chat! Behind you!" I shouted.
    He turned around just in time, as Volpinas made an attack on him with her flute.
    But he deflected the jab with his baton and feinted a left jab of his own. When Volpina fell for it, he quickly thrust to the right and tripped her over by extending his baton and wedging it under her heel.
    As soon as she face planted onto the rooftop tiles, all the illusions surrounding her and chat disappeared into orange smoke. If glares could kill, chat would be dead by now.
   "I've got a plan." I said.
   "Don't you always m'lady?" He asked, giving me a bright smile.
   "Yeah, I do, don't I?" I replied to his grin. "Anyhow, I'm going to be the distraction this time, and you're going to be doing all the important stuff. It'll catch him off-guard when you're the one aiming to capture his miraculous instead of me, because I'm always the one who does that. I'll be cleansing and capturing as many of these akumas as possible and you can have the honours. I'll see if I can find Vixen and get her to help Paris by keeping some of the akumatised villains at bay. I'll also try and distract Hawkmoth to make it seem as if I'm the one who's after his miraculous instead of you. Got it?" I explained, and he gave me a nod.
    "Be careful, and stay safe." He whispered in my ear and gave me a kiss on the cheek before going off.
    I gulp down all my anxieties and get ready for the final battle between all the heroes and villains.
    Finally, the fate of Paris rests on our shoulders.
    It's our destiny to finally bring peace to our beloved city.
    And we're going to achieve it.

Vote and comment! Hope you enjoyed—until next time,

HL🐞
Out!