6 • Adrien

I run for Marinette, calling for her to stop, breathlessly pursuing her, but she ignores me and keeps on running. I didn't think she had noticed that I was trailing her. I didn't think that she noticed anything that was happening around her as she finally halted nearby the bench in the neighbouring park to the school. I didn't think that she noticed me watching her, tears spilling over her cheeks in waterfalls. Then I saw the little red shape darting out from behind her hair, a black spot on its forehead. It looked like something resembling a ladybug...a kwami....
It seemed to be ushering her, trying to comfort her or warn her of something urgent, but Marinette ignored it.
Just as I was about to step forward to help comfort her myself, as she was highly vulnerable—in a way that I had never seen—to Hawkmoth's attacks, I realised I was already too late.
A little black butterfly slowly flittered down from the sky, as if not in any rush, and landed somewhere on her wrist.
Almost instantly, the purple outline lined her face, darkening her face and making her clench her hands.
The kwami suddenly seemed more urgent than ever, completely getting up into her face and tugging at her sleeves, but she simply batted it away, and I could silently see her mouthing words.
"No!" I cried out, reaching forwards, but she never heard, as the purple goo smothered her from head to toe.
Her ball dress outfit transformed into a dark black skirt with red dots that went down to just above her knees, splaying out almost like a tutu. The bodice was black, the neckline strapless and lined with red and in a sharp V formation. Long ebony gloves going up to her shoulders covered her arms and matching tights for her legs. Crimson ballet flats and maroon lipstick decorated her feet and lips. But the part that looked the most dangerous about her were her eyes.
A bright ruby red that almost seemed to glow in the darkness of the night, along with the thin and almost invisible threads hanging up and behind her, attached at her wrists, ankles and necks.
Her head suddenly whipped around, undone shoulder-length hair swiping with her head, scarlet irises that landed on mine.
I fought down the urge to gulp.
Marinette made a truly terrifying akuma.
"Why hello there dear Adrien, care to play the big role as the hero in the story?" Her voice was ice, sickeningly sweet poison.
I clenched my teeth. I needed to transform, and fast.
"Nope, not today!" And I made a mad dash for it.
I heard her growl of frustration behind me as I ran, trying my hardest to loose her behind me.
And eventually, I came to a stop behind a great oak tree, hiding behind it the best I could."Plagg, claws out!"
I didn't even give my kwami a chance to open that mouth of his before I had the black mask settled over my face once again.
"Adrien! Dear Adrien, come out come out wherever you are!" She said in a singsong voice.
"I'm afraid you're looking in the wrong place if you wish to find him." I spoke up, strolling around the tree into her line of view. I leaned against the trunk, giving her a sly look and taking out my baton. I hope Ladybug gets here soon.
She narrowed her eyes at me, then smiled coldly, grasping one of the strings around her. "The perfect puppet. How cute. You can play the role of the main character's pet." Then, as if using it as a whip or lasso, she threw it towards me.
I dodged, watching the red line touch the grass and turn it to ashes, revealing the dirt underneath. They were like
laser ropes, so I'd think that I'd best avoid them.
"Not having a paw-some day today? Come on meow, don't be so uptight." I said, not afraid to spill the puns, throwing my baton at her, knowing that it would split in two as it reached her.
She growled and lashed out, then, using her other hand, she snatched the first half of the baton right out of the air, then threw it back to me like a dart, the extra force behind it making it look like a arrow and just as deadly.
I ducked and dodged again, my own baton missing my neck by a hair, and instead, slamming into the tree I was hiding behind only a few moments ago. Then the second one joined the first as I flung myself to the side when she caught the second part.
"Woah there, you need to practise your aim!" I taunted, running over to where my baton was stuck in the wood of the tree, then jumped up, using the baton as a lever to spring me up into the branches of the tree. I collected the baton along with me as I went up. Higher vantage point right?
"You won't escape from me by hiding in a tree kitty!" She cried.
"Marinette! Stop this, I know that you're frustrated and angry currently, but you're better than this!" I shouted back, hoping that she might back off or something.
"Marinette? Marinette is gone you idiot! It's Marionette now!" She cackled.
"I don't think that I can hear the difference, care to enlighten me?" I smirked.
"You stupid cat! Marionette as in the puppet!" She yelled, her cheeks turning red with anger.
"Well I have a habit of being infuriating." I said, then launched off from the branch I was sitting off, extending my baton to attack Marionette.
We exchanged attacks, her with her lassos and me with my own weapon. I deflected and parried, thrust out and feinted attacks, but nothing seemed to weary her or distract her. She matched each of my strikes, then sending blow after blow of her own. I eventually got pushed back, step after step, until I backed into the same oak tree once again.
Sense of déjà-vu much?
Great, now I really was stuck. If I were to fall under this villain's control, the last hope would be ladybug. And hopefully, she would show up as always and save my butt in time.
"Your precious little ladybug isn't going to come anytime soon. Be very sure of that kitty, now it's time for your little miraculous..." She said, as if reading my mind.
I tried to hide the confusion and anxiety on my face, but it must've shown. "Oh yes, you're probably wondering where she is. Well I'll tell you this, she isn't going to be saving your tail this time. She's well under my control." She answered to my emotions.
I gulped, bracing myself for the blackouts that akumas always bring when they pulled their powers on others.
But it never came.
"Hey dude–I mean—dudette! Over here!"
And there was only one person who would refer to others in that way.
Nino.
"What are you doing? Get away, it's not safe for you!" I called, hoping that he would follow my orders.
But of course, I should've known better from the set determination on his face.
"You want Chloe, don't you? Well she's inside the hall, hiding in the gymnasium, but she's going to be impossible to find soon, because her daddykins is going to pick her up!" He explained.
Marionette took one last look at me, before backing her strings up, then shoved me into the tree, the loose ends tying up around me, making me a human cocoon in a matter of seconds.
"Alright you, lead the way."

Hey there guys! Sorry if you read this chapter and found that there were only like, fifty words at the start

Hey there guys! Sorry if you read this chapter and found that there were only like, fifty words at the start. That was because I'm doing a horde of editing while I still can, and this chapter made me cringe so hard, I had to rewrite the whole entire thing to make it better. I mean, "Revengica" is the worst possible name you could find for a villain, and I don't think even Hawkmoth is bad enough for naming his villains that badly.
So uh, yeah, the art above is 100% HL🐞 guaranteed, even if I did need to edit Marinette digitally after hand drawing her. Or should I say, Marionette. I prefer this name much better.
Okay, this is turning out to be a very long A/N, so vote and comment to let me know that you guys think!
Peace out!

-HL🐞