37 • Adrien (UNEDITED)

I gave a scrutinising new look at the person now standing at the front of the room, her face partially backlit by the light coming through the giant window behind her.
She wore an orange mask, the edges lined with black. Her suit resembled Volpina's except, her hair was fully out, with slight waves bouncing along it. The several other copies of herself stood ready, by her side. She held out her flute in front of her, in a battle-ready stance.
Hawkmoth's eyes widened, and so did the akumatised Volpina who was standing beside him.
But when Marinette gasped, she struggled against the akumas holding her.
"Are you another faker, or are you really the vixen superhero holding the real miraculous?!" She asked, desperately looking around for something.
Vixen glanced at her with olive eyes filled to the brim with worry.
"Yes, I am the real fox miraculous holder, chosen to aid ladybug and Chatnoir to defeat Paris's number one super villain, Hawkmoth in the final battle. As proof, my miraculous is my fox-tailed necklace, and my kwami is called Trixx." She said, her voice echoing throughout the expanse of the room.
I nodded silently. I could believe that every word she said was the honest truth.
My gaze flew over Marinette's and she gave me a slight nod of approval.
Three. She mouthed at me.
Two, I added on.
One.
In almost perfect sync, me and Marinette tugged hard against our captors, catching them off-guard and breaking free.
"Now!" I yelled at Vixen, who seemed stunned for a moment, before taking action.
Several of her identical selves burst into the crowds of akumatised villains, starting to fight with their weapons.
The real vixen jumped over towards us, then embraced Marinette in a hug.
Marinette gave an awkward laugh, looking at me with an expression that read what the hell is going on? Over her shoulder.
"Are you okay?" Vixen asked, taking a step back to study us, "where's ladybug?"
Marinette looked lost for words. "I-I um, well—"
"She's not with us currently." I cut her off, knowing that she would eventually stutter out of control.
She gave me a relieved look, and nodded at Vixen.
"Well, to answer your earlier question, I have a plan that might just work."
When Vixen gave me a confused look, I just shrugged and looked at Marinette.
"So what is it?"

🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞

I sneaked around the chaos to the butterfly-themed villain smirking in a dark corner of the room.
He seemed to be so confident that he was going to win.
I still had the faint memories of him tucked at the back of my head, now coming clear into view. I remembered that the night Cassandra had tried to give the miraculous to me was the night that my uncle had still been living with us at the Agreste mansion. He was my father's brother, and I still remember when their hushed but still heard arguments echoed along the corridors.
"Hey!" I yelled, extending my baton towards him, catching his attention. My hit missed him by a mile, although my goal wasn't exactly to land an attack on him.
He glared at me with a burning hatred deep in his eye, and he raised his staff, two akuma's came out; the bubbler and mr. Pigeon.
"I still haven't forgotten your allergies Adrien." He laughed, then the two akumas came at me.
I managed to trip over my akumatised friend, silently mouthing a big sorry in my head, and sneezing as a pigeon started attacking me by flapping its wings wildly and trying to peck my eyes out.
Come on, I'm a black cat. This should be easier for me!
With an annoyed cross between a sneeze and growl, I swatted the pigeon away and the incoming bubbles that were thrown at me.
This was surprisingly easier than usual. Sure, it was still hard trying to get to Hawkmoth, but I don't think that the akumas were at full strength.
Because there are so many, it must've worn him out.
That's when I saw the opportunity.
"Cataclysm!"
The familiar black ink swirled around my hand, and I rushed forwards, straight past Hawkmoth and towards the wall.
The cement crumbled to pieces as shock writes itself all over his face.
I heard the faint call of Tikki, transform me! Somewhere in the distance. Good, Marinette must've finally found her kwami.
Her voice rang out again later, with summoning her power.
I threw one last glance at the muddle of villains behind me, before throwing myself out the large hole in the wall, free falling from the Sacré-Coeur I quickly extended my staff, pushing myself up when the stick clinked against the hard surface beneath me.
Landing on the top of the roof of some random house, I placed a hand over my forehead to block out the sunlight shining into my eyes and searched the buildings of the grand church for the figures of the new vixen superheroine and ladybug.
"So...you're... Adrien? As in, Adrien Agreste?"
The voice nearly stunned me into oblivion. I raised my baton, paranoia shooting up to me like wildfire.
I sighed and relaxed when I saw that it was only Vixen.
"You scared me half to death foxy." I said, giving her a glare.
She gave an awkward laugh. "Seems to be a growing habit of mine to appear out of nowhere at the weirdest moments."
I nodded. "And yeah. I guess you overheard him say my name earlier didn't you? It's not really such a big deal anymore, isn't it?"
She frowned. "What do you mean?"
"Marinette already knows."
Then her eyes widened and she yelped. "Oh my, where the freaking hell is Marinette? Isn't she supposed to be here by now?"
Just then, I saw a red flash of something out of the corner of my eye and gave her a wry smile.
"Yeah, about that..."
Ladybug appeared, swinging onto the roof of the building with a smile on her face. "Hi! What'd I miss?"
Vixen's mouth dropped open with realisation and shock.
Ladybug gave her a weird look. "What?"
Vixen stayed silent.
Then ladybug's face turned quickly into realisation. "Oh." She said.
Vixen finally spoke after a while.
"Marinette, why did you never tell me?"

Yay! Another painfully long and hard to write chapter finally finished! Whoop! Now everyone knows who everyone is! This is going to make it easier for me to think up of more ideas now that I've only got three more chapters to fill.
Anyhow, vote and comment! It never hurts!
HL🐞,
Out!