31 • Adrien (UNEDITED)

"Plagg!" I shouted down the stairs to Marinette's bedroom. I remember he flew out of my pocket to grab some Camembert that Marinette had told him she had downstairs in the pantry.
    My only reply was a muffled mix of a "one minute," and the sound of munching.
    I sighed and groaned in exasperation.
     "Oh well, we have to go downstairs and out the front doorway anyways, so we can pick your kwami up on the way." Said Marinette, who had come up behind me.
     I nodded and headed down.
    As I made my way across the store past the lounge and kitchen, picking my black kwami up by the scruff off a bench table and dropping him into my pocket, with his cheese still in hand, followed by a grumpy complaint.
    I pushed open the front door, the customer-alerting bells tinkling, and held it open for Marinette. "M'lady" I said, motioning a hand out towards the outside. She grinned at me, then walked through the door with her hand on her heart daintily, "such a gentleman." She smiled, momentarily trying to make herself optimistic, but I could see that her smile was the slightest bit forced, not quite reaching her eyes, and that she was rigid, muscles tense.
    Winter was moving in soon, with the last few leaves ready to get blown off the spindle branches of Autumn trees, the once bright red and orange dried, lifeless leaves littering the parks and pathways now turning into less pleasant shades of brown. The temperature was also dropping, to as cold as minus seven celsius, and the early morning dew crystallising into ice, only just starting to melt during the slightly warmer afternoons.
    "So..." I started, once we picked a random direction and started walking down a path.
    "How are we going to find her?"
    Marinette hummed, obviously in thought.
    "Bugaboo?"
    She replied with a glare.   
    Okay, obviously not in the mood for jokes.
    "Tikki is missing right now—my kwami—and without her, I'm lost. She's the one who turns me into ladybug Adrien, if I can't find her, then how the hell do you think I can do right now? What use am I without the mask? After all, you fell in love with ladybug. How on earth would I ever be able to—"
    I placed a hand on her shoulder and pulled her close, stopping her in her tracks.
    "Look at me Marinette," I run a finger down her cheek. She looks at me straight in the eye, "don't you think I realise that? I know you need to find Tikki, but that's we're right doing now. Now listen here, I may have fell in love with ladybug, but I believe that she is always a part of you, because you're the one who makes the superhero happen. You and ladybug are the same people, whether or not you yourself like or believe that. Your miraculous is important, but even without it, you can still be ladybug. After all, your miraculous was only helping you bring your true self out. I love you Marinette, inside out, absolutely every part of you, superhero included or not."
    She continued staring into my eyes throughout my entire speech, several emotions flashing across them, until finally, she takes in a deep breath and sighs it out.
    "Do you really think that?" She murmurs, still not taking her blue irises off mine.
    "Why else would I say it?" I replied, a sincere smile on my face.
     She smiles back, a cute blush tinting her cheeks. "Well then, we'd better start searching for your long-lost friend."

🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞

    We arrived at the Louvre, where we sat down on a bench to rest after three hours of searching.
    "We've looked everywhere! How do we even know she's still in Paris?" Marinette grumbled from beside me. With each hour that passed, she was getting less and less patient.
     I was starting to have doubts myself.
     Marinette was getting frantic, we had covered a large amount of space in Paris over the three hours, but that was only a quarter of the city. She and I both knew that we would have probably been able to cover three times the area if we were in our superhero forms.
     "We've looked at the Seine, Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, most of the parks, and now the Louvre." I summed up.
     "Basically all the major landmarks in Paris."
     "I guess."
     Marinette sighed again.
"Are we ever going to find Cassandra? Or could we just do this on our own?"
    "Find who?"
    Marinette squealed and jumped into my arms. I myself let out a startled shout.
    Then I recognised the voice.
    Cassandra's long blonde hair was tied up in its normal high ponytail, closely resembling Chloe's, and she wearing the same clothes from last night, denim jacket zipped up, an attempt to keep out the cold temperature. She had leaned over us from behind, creeping up on us while we were talking.
    "Cassandra?" I said, turning my head around to give her a glare.
    "Yeah?"
    "Please don't do that again."
    She gave me a sheepish grin.
    "Sorry." I could tell she was not. "So what did you want me for again?"
    That snapped us both out of shock, making me realise that Marinette was still gripping me like I was her lifeline. She gave me a nervous laugh, and slowly untangled herself.
    "Right. We need you to do us a favour."
    She raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"
    Marinette spoke up from beside me. "I've lost Tikki from the recent akuma attack."
    Cassandra's easy attitude suddenly turned dull and serious.
"How is that possible?"
    "I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that I was the first one under the akuma's influence."
    Cassandra stiffened.
"Who was akumatised?"
    I shared a look with Marinette.
   "Chloe."
    The blonde haired girl stared at us intently.
    "And was she ever akumatised before?"
    "Yes."
    She gazed thoughtfully into the distance.
    "Sorry if I'm being rude, but why is this relevant?" Asked Marinette.
    Cassandra turned her attention to her with a sympathetic look on her face.
    "I'm sorry to break it to you, but Hawkmoth has placed a curse on your miraculous, which means that he has Tikki, and that every time an akuma attacks, you will always be under its influence, one way or the other. He is taking away your aura, bit by bit."
    "So what does that mean?"

    "He is declaring a ransom. Your miraculous,"
Or your life."

I really want to end this book soon, so that I can get back to updating some other books. Anyway, comment your thoughts on this chapter, did you luckycharmers like the twist? I finally remembered to put in those paragraphs! Also, I changed the description of the book to match more with everything that happened. However, my school holidays are closing to an end by the end of Monday... Noooooooooooo! 😩😩😩😩😩 T~T. Anyways,
HL🐞,
Out!