16 • Adrien (UNEDITED)

I was an idiot.

But I think we all should've figured that one out by now.

    Her eyes were far to bright to be called blue, her nails were cat claws, and her makeup was smeared on seventeen times as if she were a cake. Her nail polish was a bright silver, a couple of inches long, her bag slung on her arm when I recalled that Marinette never brought a bag, and her hair a blinding yellow.
    Her hips were flared as if she had been flaring them all to often in sashays and her lips were almost a blood red from the lipstick she used.
    Yeah no, this was definitely not Marinette.

    Try a 'Chloe' on for size.

    She was hanging onto my arm like a leech, and I bit down the urge to shake her off and giving her a good shove into the drink fountains for what she did to the person she was trying to impersonate. Not only did she attempt to ruin the hard-worked dress Marinette created, but she also ripped up all of her delicately sewn dolls she made full-heartedly for her ma's friend's daughter Manon.
    Plus, she was even attempting to forge and steal Marinette's identity just so that she could get me to agree to a kiss!

   That girl.

    I used to think that she was my friend. I used to have fun with her, and play with her in the gardens behind our mansion.
    To think that she used to be that girl? Impossible.
     And I was originally going to confront her after convincing her to get into a secluded area, and give her a good chiding to, when none other, than Marinette herself, turned up.

    That's when things got messy.

    That's how I got myself stuck between two women trying to tear each other apart.

    Sheesh the life of a model was a hard one.

🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞

"You imposter!"
"You boyfriend stealer!"
"You poisonous half-faced snake!"
"You false, earth-vexing piece of crap!"
    Marinette's eyes widened in insult. "Name caller! You couldn't even devise a reply to a schoolyard taunt, even if you tried! So all you can do is call me insulting names! Well guess what? Cuz' I'm not a mirror!"
    Chloe growled and pointed an accusing finer at her opponent. "I'm sorry I'm not perfect, but at least I don't try to deny it! You must've been born on a highway you faker, because that's where most accidents tend to happen!"
    "Oh look, what's that? Oh never mind, it's just your fake, plastic, face! Well guess what? At least I'm not some looser who tries so hard to win someone's attention that they don't realise that they were rejected long ago. Haven't you ever heard of the saying: there's plenty more fish in the sea? Because you really need to find somewhere you belong with someone who actually appreciates you and your fishy intentions!" Marinette shot back, anger fuelling her words.
    "Have you suddenly turned into a fisherman? Because you need to row, row, row your boat away from me! And for your information, you're just jealous that I've been vaccinated of stupidity and you haven't! Perhaps next time you should use that brain of yours to figure out that you should stay put and not steal boyfriends! Oh wait, you don't have one!"
     "That's right Chloe, keep rolling those eyes of yours! Maybe one day you'll find a brain back there, or maybe never, who knows? Life is full of mysteries, just like your questionable comebacks!"
     "Well now you're just talking like an idiot, because you obviously don't have a mind of your own!"
    "Yeah, of course I'm talking like an idiot, it's the only language you understand!"
     "Get a boyfriend!"
     "Get a life!"
     "Well I don't care anyway!"
     "Well I don't care either! Maybe next time, you should just write down your problems, put them in an envelope, and shove them down that big mouth of yours!"
     "And perhaps you should stop sounding like the hero all the time, when you're just a clumsy little fool who knows nothing compared to the daughter of the mayor. Stop trying so hard to compete with me because you're always going to lose! Adrien loves me! He's loved me ever since we were six, and that's how it stays!" Chloe shouted red-faced.
    But Marinette could see how unstable she looked. She was starting to back down, and both of them were having enough of this back and fourth bickering.
    But then Adrien butted in. "Chloe?"
    Chloe glared at him. "What?"
    "I might have used to love you, but now you have just disappointed me."
    Everything was silent.
    And then things fell.
    Tears began to form at the corners of her eyes, something that none of us had ever seen before. Heartbroken, she soon disappeared, shoving through the crowds in utter defeat.
    No one heard her words, even as she brushed through the crowds. "Ha, it was silly of me to think I could get him to love me. How could I, when even Mama left me?" And quietly, she slipped away.

A couple of people started cheering and the rest went back to talking.
There was a comfortable silence between me and the girl snuggled up against my chest.
Her new outfit was almost better than her old, it expressed her 'Marinette' side more, and made her look ever so adorable. I ran a hand down her silky black hair and then ruffled it messy. She pulled back and made a face at me, sticking her tongue out like a five-year old.
"Come here princess." I grinned.
"Not a chance you grand, bête chat" Marinette grinned, using her French.
Two can play at this game.
"You really are a mignonne petit ladybug" I laughed.
She pouted, sticking out her lip in a playful way.
"Well it's not my fault I'm mignonne, now, am I?"
I grinned,
"You also happen to be têtue,"
Marinette slapped her hands onto her heart dramatically, feigning mock hurt.
"So insensible!" she cried,
"But also the most belle et courageuse girl I've ever met," I finished.
She lowered her hands slowly, and a blush creeped over her cheeks.
"Not too bad yourself kitty.... very charmant."
"And not to mention baraqué!" I add, sniping a kiss on her cheek.
"Forget I ever said that." She rolled her eyes.
"Oh come on! Be more polie now, will you?"
"I'll think about it." She leaned ever so closer towards me.
"J'taime," I whispered in her ear,
"J'taime," she agrees and we break into another kiss.

I had fun writing that last scene with the French in it.
Most of it, for those of you who don't speak French, (and won't know what it means) you have to go onto google translate.
Or
You could ask me in the comments or PM me!

HL🐞,
Out!