19 • Alya (UNEDITED)

Suspecting that one? Tell me if got caught by surprise in the comments!

I walked up to the front of the tall metal structure looming over me like a giant. Shadows cringed away from the bright yellow lighting and the almost bare streets of Paris made me wonder if this was a fake. 19:00 was clearly numbered in stiff green lights on my phone.
"I wonder where they are..." I muttered to myself, taking another glance at the tower. A police guard stood at the entrance, stifling a yawn as a random pedestrian walked past.
Scratching my head with my left hand, I held tighter onto my open phone, it's faint glow offering a bit of comfort. A bad feeling raises the hair on my neck, but quickly faded as I hugged myself, hoping to keep warm in the cold Autumn air. The sun had started fading into evening when I started to pace back and fourth in impatience. The slight uncomfortable aura returns to send shivers around my back and strikes up the paranoia inside me.
"Come on, come on..."
I find myself shooting looks behind my shoulder to see if anyone is stalking me.
No, not a single person that walks by cares to throw a glance though.
Pulling down my checkered sleeves from their rolled-up form, I took another observation at the time.
19:28.
They're either late, or Marinette's pulling my leg.
I decided to wait 2 more minutes until I'll leave.
Taking a sigh, I stopped pacing and instead, took my glasses off and cleaned them with my shirt before putting them back on.
A muffled scream tore out my throat.
A pair of purple, anger-filled eyes stared back at me, a gloved hand pressed against my lips, forcing my mouth closed.
"Don't talk, unless you wish to see your precious friends die." A venom-filled voice whispered into my ear, making me tense my muscles.
The hand slowly drops away, leaving me free to see Marinette, Adrien and Nino strapped to a chair and gagged, balancing on the high ledge of the Eiffel Tower.
Swallowing a frustrated yell, I pursed my lips and then turned around to give my captor a killing glare.
Her long, blonde hair, with sparkly blue highlighted strands were tied up in a high ponytail, matching the golden sash tied diagonally around her waist. She wore an outfit that reminded me of that villain that ladybug and Chatnoir defeated once... What was her name... Oh yes, Stormy weather. The dark purple clothing started at the intersection between her chin and her neck, closely fitting her like a second skin, reaching down to her feet and wrapping around each of her fingertips. A skirt flowed out from the yellow sash, short and tipped with splashes of blue. A turquoise colour was painted from her feet up to her knee, mirroring each leg at the stopping point. The same was done to her hands to her elbows. Golden swirls decorated the plain spaces.
A dark purple mask edged with glittery gold completed her look.
I almost cringed when a sickly-sweet smile spread over her face.
Her grip was like iron when she suddenly shot out a hand and grabbed me by my arm. I almost shrieked.
"Who are you?" I whisper.
"I told you not to speak, but, nice to know that you care," she replies, her eyes glinting with malice, "though unfortunately for you, I don't really have one. But you can call me, The Forgotten Butterfly."
"The forgotten butterfly," I try it out on my tongue, "dramatically long name, don't you think?"
Her eyes seethed with anger as I said that.
"Do you know why I go by that name!?" She yelled at me, then turns her head around to glare at the struggling bundle on the high ledge.
"No?" I raise an eyebrow, "dramatic much?"
"You're starting to sound like my sister! The only one who is the real drama queen around here! I was given the name by the father of power, over butterflies, over my revenge! I said yes to his requests, to his deals, because none, NONE of you understand, the pain, the sorrow, the anger I've felt!"
I let out a short cry of pain when sharp sparks resembling what felt like electric shocks spiked my arms where her hand was gripping it. She was starting to have a full-blown tantrum.
"My sister always got the attention. She always got what she wanted, she always threw me aside like garbage! Our parents cared about her than me, the younger sister by two seconds. Two seconds!! We're freaking twins! I always got less attention, always the underdog! My sister always triumphs over me! Her father is the mayor! And she's his favourite daughter! I've been left alone to fend for myself. No one wants to care about me, I've always been invisible. But I'll show you! I'll show you all!! I'll show you how it's felt, to be lonely, to have that constant pain in your heart, to want attention, to be part of a real family! How to feel invisible! Then, alongside the greatest mastermind in Paris, we'll hold the power to rule over everyone! No longer, will I be invisible, when everyone knows me!"
I gasped.
Mayor's daughter??!?!
"Your sister, is CHLOE BOURGEOIS?!?!?!?" I screeched.
She lunged at my throat.
"You know her?! Where is she?! Tell me where she is! Now!" She shouted at my face.
I choked and gasped for breath as she carelessly dropped me by my neck, making me collapse onto the cold concrete to lunge for sweet air.
"I... Don't know." I choked out.
"What do you mean you don't know?! You better tell me now! Or your pretty friends are falling down!"
Her hand shot out and was aimed at the point of my friends, still dangling precariously from the edge.
"Please!" I begged, "I don't know where she is! She could be back at the mayor's house in her room or out on the streets for all I know!"
She growled in frustration and tore her hand away from my friends' direction.
"Wait! Forgotten Butterfly!" A male voice called out.
It was Adrien.
Somehow, he had gotten his gag off and heard the whole exchange between us.
"What?" She snarled.
"You want Chloe, am I right?"
"Yes."
"I know where to find her, but I need something too. Let's make a deal."
I stiffened.
Make a deal? I mouthed at him, are you crazy?
Trust me! He mouthed back.
"So, what's the deal?" The Forgotten butterfly questioned, wary, but genuinely interested in his offer.
"You let us go, unharmed, and I'll find her."
"Okay, say I accept your deal. What's the catch?"
"What catch? I'm-"
"I should know, that a black cat of bad luck should have something up his sleeve. Don't play with me, I know you better than you think I do."
Adrien gulped.
Black cat of bad luck? Whatever is she hinting at?
"Trust me, it's genuine."
"You sure? Because I have something of yours that I'm sure you would love to have by your side at the moment."
A pained expression flashed over his face.
"What is this certain thing that I would like to have?" He asked, careful of his words.
"It's a secret."
A flash of recognition came over his face, but turned into a knowing look as he seemed to realise something.
"Fine, don't give it away. I'll tell you the plan. Change the deal." His voice slightly quavered.
"Good choice, what's new?"
"Originally, I was planning to twist a part of the deal, but now that I've thought through it, I'll give you exactly what you want. Nino, Marinette and Alya, get released, unharmed and will not interfere. Whereas I will help you find Chloe Bourgeois, your sister."
"A deal is a deal then." She agreed. A sinister smile on her face.
Hair flopped over Adrien's face as he bowed his head down slightly.
With a flick of her wrist, the dark, purple ropes unravelled themselves and freed the three at the top. Marinette pulled off her gag and stared in frustration at Adrien.
The forgotten butterfly clicked her fingers and a large mattress resembling a purple, bouncy, air-filled safety landing platform appeared beneath them.
"Jump," she said.
The three looked at each other.
"Why should we trust you?" Marinette spoke up,
"You have no reason to. But you do want to get down, don't you?"
Taking a deep breath, Nino clutched onto Marinette's hand. Adrien did the same.
"Together," I caught them whisper.
They went to the ledge and jumped.
They landed with a soft thud.
I ran over to them, trying to check if they were alright.
Thankfully, they were.
After they got up and safely onto the ground, the platform started wavering, then disappear with a quiet 'pop' sound.
"Adrien, come with me." Forgotten butterfly said.
"No!" Marinette cried, lunging to his side, "don't go, what if.... What if, she killed you?"
"You have to trust me Marinette," Adrien softly stated, "I know she won't kill me. You can really trust me on that. We had a history, maybe not so pleasant, but good anyway. She won't hurt me, I know she won't."
"But-"
Adrien silenced her with a kiss.
My heart practically melted.
"Stay safe," she finally whispered.
"You too."

Okay, 1570 words. Pretty good! I'll probably attach a picture of what The Forgotten Butterfly looks like soon, but first, I want thank every one for supporting me with comments and votes. Also, sorry for not updating like I was supposed to, but there's, unfortunately, only two more days before my holidays end. Anyway, I know this chapter is confusing, but stay with me! Next chapter will clear things out!

HL🐞