7 • Nino

I didn't know what I was doing.
    I didn't know what I had been thinking.
    I didn't even know why my brain thought of this outrageous plan.
    Even to this moment right now, I had absolutely zero idea why I did that.
    Jumping in front of a major and terrifying and definitely dangerous akumatised villain probably wasn't the smartest thing that I had ever done in my life.
    The words: 'man, are you stupid,' and 'you're a complete idiot Nino, you know that?' Kept on repeating over and over in my head like an annoying buzz.
    Yeah yeah brain, I get it, now dude, can you please shut up?
    In that situation, my natural instincts had taken over once again and landed me in a sticky situation.
    So when I faced the usually shy and sweet Marinette who had now been akumatised into a cruel and horrific villain, my mouth blurted out the smartest thing it could scavenge from my brain.
    "Uh. Yo."
    Smart Nino. Real smart.
    Marinette's fists clenched, her eyes narrowed. Damn, she was terrifying. I blinked rapidly and wracked my brain really hard, trying to think of anything that would save me from being zombified, injured, or worse.
     "You want Chloe, don't you? Well she's inside the hall, hiding in the gymnasium, but she's going to be impossible to find soon, because her daddykins is going to pick her up!" Which was probably only somewhat half the truth, as I had picked up on remembering Chloe sending an urgent call (one which included delirious sobbing and crying into the phone) to (who I expected to be) her (so-called) 'daddykins'.
    Not so much remembering if she did hide or not. I think she actually sought refuge in the girl's bathrooms (cliché much?) but I couldn't be sure. I also wasn't sure why she actually called her father, after all, it wasn't as if she witnessed the presence of 'Marionette'.
   Which reminded me of the fact that there were still about a hundred or so students still completely unaware of the new villain that was casually strolling around outside of the building like a lion camouflaged against its natural habitat, stalking gazelles that had no clue about the predator that was to prey among them.
Nino, you stupid fool.
    I gulped, and zoomed out of my inner thoughts to focus on the situation I was currently in.
    Staring into the red eyes of Marionette, I slowly forced my quivering legs to move.
    "Right then, lead the way." She said to me. I gulped, and forced my feet to move the direction of the School again.

🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞

    As I nervously march up to the entrance of College François Dupont, fidgeting my headphones like crazy, (whilst begging the world for forgiveness about what I was going to do) I stood and waited for Marionette to catch up. Panting, my fingers shook in the frozen atmosphere and from the fear that Marionette emitted into me from what felt like a kilometre away.
   All of the students in the school needed Paris' greatest heroine and fast. Or else, every dude and dudette would probably get pulverised like sardines waiting to be cooked in a bowl.
   I wracked my brain for plans to stall the villain while the heroes arrived. Or better yet, a full, villain-proof plan that would get Marinette back to herself. Because currently, Chatnoir had been unsuccessful at the attempt to try and take on the akuma matter at hand, and Ladybug was M.I.A. I gulped. I got myself into this mess, and by doing that, I might've just taken these matters into my own hands... And doomed myself.
   "Move on DJ fanatic. I'm not a patient person!" A shrilly voice hitting home to Marinette's crude imitation of Chloe's tone spoke out beside me.
    I gulped, and fanned my shirt in stress. "A-ah y-yes du-I mean, Marine-I mean: Marionette." I stuttered. Which was weird, since I didn't usually stutter. I stretched a shaky hand out to grasp the door knob like some sort of frail old man.
    Marionette huffed impatiently and barged past me, shoving the doors open at full force.
Think dude! THINK! I pressured myself, wanting to smack my head senseless until it thought up of something. It might've looked a bit fishy to public though, so I didn't result to it if I wanted an untainted rep.
   As soon a she had entered the gymnasium, the crowds went completely and utterly silent, one by one. Stares and déjà vu passed over everyone.
   And I hid behind Marionette, meek as a mouse.
   "Perfect. Everybody's quiet. Marionette likes that." She giggled, mostly to herself in a sort of nonsensical, maniacal way. "Marionette will also like it when people tell her where Chloe Bourgeois is!" She suddenly seethed at the mention of the mean girl's name.
    That's when the crowds started screaming and running for their lives.
    Marionette started to make some weird, strangled, growling noises of anger in front of me, her hands moving towards the the fellow students trapped and running for their lives stop in their tracks and freeze and crimson strings as thin as spider silk wrapped themselves around ankles, necks and wrists.
    "What in the world is happening here?" A voice full of surprise and sarcasm sounded out from behind me, the unmistakable voice belonging to no other, than the famous Chatnoir.
    And that, my friends, is how I developed my incredibly amazing (and possibly stupid) plan.

🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞

   An ear-piercing scream rang out.
   Chloe.
   Couldn't honestly say that I was saddened by her loss, but hey, at least this part would take part in the plan as I had hoped.
   I myself was hiding behind the enormous deck of chairs underneath the staircase leading up to the classes. Marionette was distracted by the process of trying to figure out the best way to torture Chloe, while a million thoughts and a ton of responsibility crashed down into my head.
   Somehow, I had to lure Marionette underneath the school into the basement, and then hold her there long enough for Chat to secure the door and use his cataclysm to break off some of the old staircase into metal bars and trap her inside the makeshift cage as we had previously done with the Horrificator. And that was if things went smoothly.
   I held my breath for ten seconds, watching Marionette use the red strings to snake up her neck and snatch her back towards her every time she tried to run in the opposite direction. Toying with her before making her one of her minions.
   Okay, to be absolutely honest with you dude, it did kinda make me feel sorry.
   I couldn't believe that Marinette had to be forced to do such cruel things.
   Well, I mean, sure Chloe too, but come on, it was all her fault that Marinette had to go through this in the first place.
   When she finally had her fun, Chloe succumbing to her powers, she grinned and her head snapped in my direction.
   Oh crap.
   There goes my plan of trying to be inconspicuous.
    Well, all the better to lure her right?
    "Um," I wracked my brain of some insults. "You, um, strange nerd dude-dudette I meant."
    A scowl plastered over her face.
    At least I had caught her attention.
    "It's not cool du—dudette! To um, mess around with people's minds!" Yup, I definitely needed some lessons on my trash talking skills. That was pretty much all I got.
     Marinette started to make her way towards me.
     I gulped. Frantically trying to think of more taunts but coming up with nothing. "Um." I took a deep breath, "CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!" I yelled as a last resort and then madly leaped out of my 'hiding spot' and made a crazed dash for it.
      Marionette came after me surprisingly fast.
      Yikes. Never again would I underestimate the speed of women.
      Making as harp turn around the gym, I raced as fast as my limits would allow me, my heart pumping at a 100 beats per minute. Lunging for the staircase with Marionette hot on my heels, I practically flung myself down the stairs and braced my left shoulder for the door, bursting inside to find Chatnoir there with his baton at the ready. Giving me an acknowledging nod, I stopped in the centre of the room as bait, watching Chat move behind the door, ready to shut it tight and block it with the angled wooden beam he was currently holding.  I heard Marionette's screeching before I saw the tip of her dress as she also tumbled down the stairs in a rush as she crashed into the room, a murderous look in her ruby eyes.
    The metal door was heaved shut, and the sound of splintering wood was audible as Chat jammed the thinner tip of the wood under the door with all his might. He was panting as he raced up the creaky metal steps to the higher balconies of the steel basement that was normally kept for the large and complicated electrical and plumbing systems that powered the school. Silver pipes raced over our heads as well as a couple dozen of wires. There was a gasp as Marionette realised the trap and spun around with clear vehemence.
    She pointed an accusing finger at me. "You treasonous scoundrel!" She spluttered, using a few choice words in French afterwards, "do you even know who you're talking to?"
    I opened my mouth to respond, but another voice beat me to it.
    "Marinette Dupain-Cheng of course!" Adrien's voice echoed around the room.
    I was dumbstruck for a moment. When the heck did my best bud get here?
    But then I spotted a glint of dilated cat eyes at the edge of the dark ceiling and a dark flash of movement and realised that it was actually Chatnoir. Dang, how come he sounded so much like Adrien?
    There was a sudden change in Marionette's demeanour. She tensed, but put on a eerie smile.
    "Oh the sweet and dearie little black cat has come to visit us again. Fight, and I will make your little minion my little minion." I gulped. Come on Chat, what are you doing?
    "Don't worry, I intend to keep him." He answered from somewhere above, and that was when the bars started falling.

Vote and Comments appreciated! I also love it when you guys can point out any mistakes or supply me with some constructive criticism, so go all out with that. Trust me, I'm hard to offend.
Thanks for reading! 😊

HL🐞