26 • Marinette (UNEDITED)

School.
What more is there to say about it?
The word itself is already a basic adjective that is quite self-explanatory.
I mean, it's school.
I think that just about anyone who goes to any type of school will know what I mean. There is always ups and downs about it, whether you like it or not.
Well... in exceptions for today.
Today... How do you place it? It was worse than usual.
When I had walked into the classroom, the first thing my eyes landed on was Chloe.
Not a surprise? Well think again.
Chloe was on the floor, tied up with some sort of ribbon, mouth gagged with a donut with Alix sitting on top of her, legs crossed over, leaning back on Chloe's back like as if it were a cushion. She was smirking, and Chloe had a flushed red face, from rage or embarrassment, I could only wonder. Her "loyal follower" Sabrina, was nowhere to be found, and neither was anyone else except for a laughing Lila taking photos with her phone and Kim leaning against the wall with an inscrutable expression.
As I opened my mouth to ask what had happened, Alix looked up at me and cut in, answering my question with a short explanation before I had even started speaking.
"Basically, Kim said that because of my height, I was weak, and that even Chloe could take me down with her dainty manicured nails. I retorted, and I dared Chloe that if she could take me down, then I would worship her every day for the rest of the year and be her slave, but if I won, I would be able to humiliate her in the best way possible. Obviously, I won." She got off Chloe and glared at Lila. "And I'm never, ever doing that again."
I blinked at her in disbelief.
Lila just stuck her tongue out and peered out from behind her phone to beckon me over. "Look, this is so going on Instagram. I swear, this is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me."
Alix walked out of the door.
I went over and peered over her shoulder.
There were at least 20 pictures of Chloe, in all sorts of positions, sometimes with Alix holding Chloe down with a expression that said: why the hell are you doing this? Or, I couldn't give a care to the world.
I just blinked again.
"Remind me not to ever make Alix mad in the future."
I almost jumped out of my skin.
I had completely forgotten that Kim was still standing there, arms folded, and his gaze never leaving Chloe's struggling figure.
He met my gaze not long after, pushing of the wall to walk out the door, where Alix had gone.
"What the...?" I trailed off, not really wanting to know.
Lila gave me a meaningful look.
"Yup, you don't wanna know."
I just sighed, and scratched my head.
After just standing there for a while, Lila stopped taking pictures and winked at me before going out the door.
"Got to go, library study."

The small flurry of beating wings shocked me, and I whipped my head around to search for the sound.
A small, purple butterfly was flying through the open window, earning morning light blocked out by its shape and sending a long shadow onto the ground in front of it.
An akuma.
I let out a little shriek and hurriedly tried to find something-anything to ward it off or try to catch it before it reached Chloe.
But there was nothing around.
I rushed over to her, bending over her, on my knees and quickly started to try and untie the bonds that were holding her together. Chloe screamed something muffled, but I couldn't care, even when she was thrashing about wildly, making my job a billion times harder.
"Oh stay still!" I yelled, frustrated and trying ever so harder to untie the ribbons, but the butterfly had already landed.
Too late.
The two words repeated themselves in my head until the words seemed to hammer themselves into a headache, clouding my judgement, and laying a layer of fuzz over my senses, especially my vision.
At first, I was just plainly confused.
But then the familiar black darkness probed at my mind, lightly, but there, and I knew instantly what was wrong.
It was happening again.
Somehow, it was happening again.

And I couldn't do anything to stop it.

This is such a sucky chapter! I feel so bad for making this chapter so short. It's just that I've been out all day, and I'm completely exhausted. I'm staying at a hotel while I'm writing this, and yes, it had wifi, so you luckycharmers are really living up to your nicknames because if it wasn't for your encouragement and awesomeness right now, I probably wouldn't be stuffed to update.
I would probably be watching RWBY (cuz' it's my guilty comfort food and latest obsession) and going to catch some z's right afterwards.

HL🐞
Out!