34 • Adrien (UNEDITED)

I just stood there, baton ready, but with a slack jaw.
    The man was just standing there, back to us, detransformed, but somehow managing to look more menacing then I had originally thought.
    But what really shocked me was when he turned away from the open window, and faced us two.
   My mind seemed to stop working.
    My weapon fell slick out of my hands, meeting the concrete floor with a sharp clang.
    Marinette rushed over to my side placing a hand on my shoulder and asking me things that I tuned out and couldn't see, to comprehend.
    "Uncle." I stated bluntly.
    Marinette stopped in the middle of her tracks, tensing.
    "What? I thought you said he was your father..."
    "He's my uncle." I said.
    Her eyes widened.
     "Correct Adrien. Good to know that at least someone remembers." He stared me down with his cold blue eyes, sending a shiver down my spine. He turned his gaze towards Marinette. "And yes, he is, infact, my nephew."
    "But... Why?" I croaked, my voice not wanting to be worked.
    "Why what Adrien?" He asked coolly, playing dumb.
    "Why do you want our miraculous so bad?" I tried again, feeling oddly numb.
    "Because of power, because if I have them together, there is  ultimate power waiting for me at the end. And everything, everything in this world depends on your level of power." He said, almost making me start to think he was mad or something.
     "But why do you need so much power as you say?"
     "Why, to get revenge and bring back your mother ofcourse."
     Now I was confused.
     "My mother? But she's not dead!" I cried.
     "I know she's not dead. She's in another dimension, somewhere where I can't reach. Didn't you know Adrien? That your mother used to be the guardian of the miraculous until she failed? She failed an was sent away, and I loved her! My brother stole her from me."
His voice sent a shiver down my back.
"She... She was a kwami guardian?" I rasped. Emotions swirling in my mind, tears bit at my eyes.
"Yes."
"Then you're only going against her wishes and betraying what she would've wanted you to do." I said, a furious anger starting to boil in my veins, "she would've never wanted to see you like this, abusing the miraculous' powers."
He scowled at me. "How would you know what she would've wanted?"
The tensions were riding high.
"Because I was her son and still am, and together, we will defeat you." I motioned towards Marinette who stood at my side defiantly and patiently with my baton in her hands.
"It's our destiny Hawkmoth, so either hand over your miraculous peacefully, or we will take you down the hard way." She said, passing my baton back into my hands.
I twirled it around in my hand, my confidence rising back up again. She was right, it is our destiny.
But he only laughed, cold and menacingly.
"But I think you are confused, dear girl, because you will be the one handing over your miraculous." He waved over at a table that I hadn't noticed before.
And on that table, was a kwami that kind of resembled a purple butterfly, and... Tikki.
"No." I heard Marinette gasp.
His eyes gave off a hard, dangerous glint.
"Yes. Hand over both of your miraculous or the kwamis get destroyed."

Okay, extremely sucky chapter, but I was high on writers block and watching jaiden animations. Yes, I watch it, but I seriously couldn't be stuffed with wipriting the usual 1000 word chapter, but had to get something out, so here's half of what I usually write. Sorry! The next chapter will be about the fight. Until next time!

HL🐞