10 • Marinette

The gym plunged into darkness.
    My eyes scanned through the crowds around me, but all I could see was the pitch blackness of the sky. The  new moon offered no light, and the stars were only a speckle in the distance. I couldn't even make it two steps forwards without bumping into a table or accidentally shove a person. My heart was starting to beat, panic starting to settle. The crowds around me let out several shrieks of shock, some burst out crying in fear, obviously still not over their phobia of the dark. The music came to a cut off too.
    Murmurs and whispers began to circle, growing into rumour and anger. I bit my lip, worry for what might be happening. I couldn't even find anywhere to hide, so I couldn't transform. I was at a total loss.
    Out of nowhere, a hand shot out and shackled my wrist. The other free hand came out too, slapping over my mouth and stopping the scream that was about to escape. My immediate instinct was to bite the person's fingers, but all that I got was a mouthful of thick bitter fabric. Curse those gloves.
    "Don't struggle. Don't fight against me. Make this easy for yourself, there's no use. Now come along with me or I will make you wish you were never born." A voice hissed in my ear, dripping with vehemence.
    Ropes tied themselves onto my hands, which were forced together until they were immovable.
    I recognised that voice though. It belonged to none other than Chloe Bourgeois, and I assumed that the person who had bound me was Sabrina. There was no way that queen would ever purposely want to get her hands dirty. She always, always, had someone else to do the dirty work.
    Muttering profanities all the way through, Sabrina shoved me into the bathroom in the farthest corner — one labelled as "OUT OF ORDER".
    Well, I thought, it's not the only thing.
    The light was blinding, as Chloe fished her phone out of her bag and turned the torch mode on, shining it almost directly in my eyes.
    Grimacing as I was slammed against the hard tiles of the bathroom, my eyes immediately flew to my attackers, who were grinning like devils. A menacing gleam shone identically in both of their eyes, especially as Chloe rounded on me.
    "Well, well, well, what do we have here?" She asked, her hand grabbing the neckline of my dress as I attempted to scrabble up from the floor.
   "A snivelling little worm who doesn't know that her place — which is on the bottom of my shoe." She snarled, dragging me up by the sequins and glitter. By the fabric that I'd spent so long to sew together. Just as Chloe seemed ready to deliver her next words, the bathroom door swung open again. The lights flickered back on too.
    "It's done." The person said, just as they strode in.
    Lila.
    There was some sort of fury glinting in her olive eyes as she glared at Chloe. "I hope that you'll keep your end of the bargain."
    "No."
    She did a double take, "What?"
    Chloe sneered at her. "Honey, it's called manipulation."
    "But we had a deal." Lila hissed, seething with her clenched jaw.
    Chloe laughed maliciously. "And never told you I'd give it to you today, and I don't plan on giving it to you until you're out of this country."
    Disbelief radiated off her as her hands fisted in anger. "But—!"
    "Dishonesty is a great tool, not so much when you're on the receiving end of it, but always when you're the one wielding it. Suck it up and deal with it." Chloe said, cutting Lila off with a flick of her hand. "Now off you go, little foxy, go enjoy the party." She continued, dismissing he fuming girl.
    When she didn't move, Chloe narrowed her eyes and raised her voice. "Get lost, looser!"
    Slowly, Lila turned and shuffled out. But before the door snapped shut behind her, I might have been mistaken, but I swore I could see tears and hurt in her eyes.
   Chloe turned back to me, seeming to take nothing of the short episode.
    "Now where was I? Oh yes, executing my brilliant master plan."
    I swore that I could already hear her maniacal laughter filling the room like a squawk. This girl was insane.
   "Sabrina! Earrings!" Chloe snapped her fingers, instantly narrowing her eyes on her little minion.
    My face blanched.
    Earrings?
    "Yes Chloe!" Sabrina singsonged, obeying her master's every command. Her now de-gloved fingers slowly began to wrap around my earlobe, the nails grasping the bottom of the earring, around the stopper.
    But that meant her hands were finally out of my mouth and thus leaving me free to speak.
    "Wait!" I yelled, the shout choking out of my throat in panic. Distract her! I have to distract her!
    The fingers paused.
    "Oh, what now?" Chloe rolled her eyes.
    "I... I-I..." I stumbled, trying desperately to come up with something believable. My purse squirmed against my side, unnoticeable movement to everyone by me.
    "Well? Out with it, you bumbling fool!"
    "Adrien told me he loved me!" I shouted, though it came out more as a jumbled scream. My mind panicked, and that was the only thing that came to mind. So much for playing it cool and believable...
    However, somehow, Chloe managed to decipher my uncontrollable mouth.
    "What?"she seethed, beginning to go red in the face. Her voice was so low I had to strain to hear the whisper.
     "Adrien... told me, that he loved me."
    If it was even possible, Chloe managed, in that moment, to look more furious than I've ever seen her in my life.
    "I dare you to say that again."
    I kept my mouth shut. I think I've gone over the line. I didn't think that she was that deathly protective over the gorgeous blonde.
   "SAY IT!" She screeched, her voice almost louder than a siren.
   "Adrien is in love with me." I mumbled.
   I knew Chloe was mad, but I didn't know just how furious. I never the saw the slap coming, until it stung my cheek and made my eyes water.
    "You lying b****!"

Oof. Queen Bee needs to keep her anger issues in check. Keep it family-friendly Chloe, keep it family friendly.
Hope you enjoyed!
~HL🍀