the boy chapter 1

I was laying on my bed listening to the radio broadcasts I recorded before it all happened. Then I heard some commotion down stairs so I walked to the bottom of the steps.

"mom?" I asked Maggie, she's not my real mom I call her that because she's like one to me and saved my life.

"(Y/n) go into the kitchen and bring this man some water!" She said pointing to a man with blue eyes and curly brown hair. I walked to the kitchen grabbed a cup and filled it. When I re-enter the living room there was a different man with his head in his hands.

"here" I handed him the cup. "I was supposed to give it to your friend but I'm not allowed into the guest room if someone is getting worked on" he looked at me weirdly.

"have I se-" the door to the guest room opened and the man from before walked out along with mom.

"I have a wife she should be here!" He said, it was very clear that he was in a state of extreme shock.

"I'll go get her what's her name?" Mom asked quickly.

"Lori her name is Lori" mom nodded as she began towards the door.

"(y/n) come on you're going with me" I nodded and followed. Lori that name sounds familiar I knew a Lori now that I thought about it. She was my best friend's mom, man I miss them I wonder where they are.

A/n: hello reader - chan and welcome to my reader insert story for the walking dead. So the first chapter done I know it's really short but I'm on my phone and at school so yeah I might upload a new chapter later. But what do you think was Carl (y/n)'s best friend? Or is it just a coincidence that their moms have the same name? Oh well you'll find out later. So for now buh-bye and don't get bit!