bus load chapter 12

A/n: when you sort of remember what happened in the TV show and can actually progress the story also thank you guys for 100+ reads omg it's only been a week I know it's not that much but it means a lot to me so thankies

Today was the day we didn't give Michonne to the governor and today he's going to attack. Rick had already gone over the plan Carl,Beth,Judith,Hershal, and I were going to be a bit away from the prison in case anything bad happens and everyone else was going to stay and fight. We were about to head out, I was looking out the window to the cell thinking. What if I don't see Carl again? What if he gets hurt so bad he can't survive on his own? What if I die? What would that do to him? A couple of tears ran down my cheeks before Carl came up behind me and hugged me. "Everything is going to be okay I promise." he whispered, laying his head in the crook of my neck.

"I know" I sighed he was always strong even after everything that has happened, it's as if he's made of titanium, as if he'll always bounce back stronger than before. I hope nothing changes that.

"Let's go" he said, I nodded and pulled on my jacket and backpack along with my bow and arrows.

-------time skip-------
The gun shots had stopped a while ago, as we were about to leave we heard running. I pulled up my bow and an arrow, carl pulled up his gun. When the guy saw us he stopped.

"woah don't shoot." he was only about Beth's age. "I'll give you the gun." he started to hand Carl his gun until Carl shot him. "Carl? !?!?" I looked at him shocked.

"If he was running that means we're in the clear let's go" Hershal said, I can't believe Carl just did that, he just killed someone for no reason. I stayed at the back of the group while he was at the front, I kept staring at the back of his head trying to figure out why he did that. Before I knew it we were back at the prison.

"what happened?" Rick asked carl.

"someone came and drew their gun on us, I had to shoot him" carl told him, why was he lying to his dad? What would he get out of that?

"Well I'm sorry you had to do that" Rick put his hand on Carl's shoulder as Carl walked to our cell.

"Rick you should know the boy he shot was giving us his gun." Hershal told him.

"but Carl said he drew on you guys?" Rick then looked at me "is this true?" I nodded and ran to the cell to find Carl.

"Hey why'd you lie to your dad li-" I was cut off as he pinned me to wall and started kissing me but not his normal kisses this was rough and harsh. He started to roughly take off my shirt. "Carl......st-stop!" I tried to yell but I couldn't it came out as a sort of sob-ish thing. He didn't stop, I tried to push him away but he wouldn't move, he quickly pulled off his shirt and roughly grabbed my arms and put them above my head. He started to kiss my neck. "pl-" he kissed my lips again but with more force, he managed to unbutton and unzip my pants before I finally found my voice and screamed. Daryl and Glenn ran in, Daryl pushed Carl off of me and Glenn pulled me in the hall way as I held onto him for dear life. Daryl pushed Carl against the wall I couldn't hear what they were saying, everything went fuzzy, the person I trusted most betrayed me. I was going into shock again but before my vision went blurry I saw carl look at me with regret in his eyes.

-------time skip-------
It's been a few days, Rick and the others brought back a bunch of people from Woodbury. Ever since they got here a guy named Connor has been flirting with me, I kinda just shrug him off. I miss talking to Carl, I just don't think I could trust him again, I mean I know he wasn't in his right mind but still I asked him to stop and he didn't.

"Hey (y/n)." I turned to look at Connor when I looked his was inches away from my face which caused me to push myself away from him and I fell off the bench on top of someone. I turned and saw it was Carl, I hadn't gotten a good look at him in a while. He had bags under his eyes which were red and puffy, he was also a bit thinner.

"Have you been eating?" I asked worriedly he shook his head. "Carl you need to eat come on" I said getting off him and pulling him up. I dragged him all the way to the kitchen and pulled out a box of (totally not copyrighted generic cereal) and poured him a bowl, I grabbed a spoon. I sat across from him at the table. "eat" he looked at the bowl and pushed it away.

"no thanks" before he could stand up and leave I marched over and sat next to him.

"Please eat?" I was genuinely worried and he could tell that but he just looked at me. "Here" I picked up the spoon "if I eat some you eat some okay?" He nodded, truth be told I haven't eaten since breakfast yesterday but I still ate, he looks like he hasn't eaten since that night. I put the spoon full of stale cereal in my mouth and ate it. "now you." I handed him the spoon, he then started eating super fast, I just stared at him the whole time. It wasn't until after he finished we realized we had been holding hands almost the whole time.

"(Y/n) I'm sorry I didn't know what I was doing and I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry I love you so much i.....I can't lose you, please take me back, I won't do anything stupid ever again, I'm sorry I really mean it." he was on the verge of tears, I could tell he was telling the truth. I was hesitant at first but then I thought about how awful I've felt without him and how Connor would make a move on me but then I thought what if Carl died? I would feel horrible for ignoring him and almost starving him to death. I smiled and kissed him gently.

"I love you too." I whispered stroking his cheek with my thumb. I forgive him for what he did but I won't forget it and I know he wouldn't do it again. Because he loves me and I love him.