Don't tell chapter 5

We looked over to see Daryl he had a smirk on his face.

"so you two a thing now?" I blushed a deep red as Carl got off of me.

"No....maybe....I don't know" I said a little too fast.

" it just sorta happened" Carl scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"Well either way don't do nothin' stupid" he walked away.

"So...what are we?" I asked sitting up looking at Carl.

"we could be girlfriend and boyfriend...I-if you want too!" He said quickly. I giggled and stood up wrapping my arms around his neck.

"of course, I would love to mr. Grimes" I teased him jokingly.

"well then miss (l/n) would you like to cuddle and read comic books?" He teased back.

"your such a nerd."

"yeah well I'm your nerd."

"you got that right." I whispered kissing him, he kissed back instantly, he put his hands around my waist to deepen the kiss. After a minute we pulled away he smiled at me.

"come on its getting late." he grabbed his hat and put his arm around my waist and we walked back into the prison. He pulled his arm away from me as we neared the cell block door. "we don't know how my parents will take this so can we wait to tell everyone?" I sighed a bit at his question.

"yeah your mom still might hate me" he chuckled and shook his head before opening the door.

"What took you two so long? come on dinner." Lori said as I shut the door behind us.

"we were just....on a walk" Carl replied.

"yeah right a walk" Daryl retorted quietly.

"hey" I whispered at him. "don't tell the others yet we want to keep it a secret, okay?"

"Yeah yeah" he walked over to the table. 

-------------time skip------------

It's been a few days since we found the prison Rick, Glenn, and Daryl went to go get some wood. Carl and I were sitting on the stairs playing with a deck of cards I found during the winter when we saw them coming back. We were standing there when the courtyard gate opened and walkers started to file out.

"Carl!" I shouted shooting one behind him with my crossbow. "You okay?" I asked walking up to him.

"Yeah I'm good" we both were protecting Lori.

"come on in here!" Mom shouted we followed her into the prison. We were cornered until Carl saw a door was open and we went inside, Lori started having contractions.

"The baby's coming" I started to freak out a little bit.

"Carl try and find some blankets, (y/n) stay calm okay stand watch, make sure no walkers get in." mom gave our orders, I nodded and stood near the door with my crossbow up. I was focused on the door, I knew what was going to happen it's too soon, she isn't dilated enough, she's gonna have to have a c-section, she was going t-

I was brought out of my thoughts by a gun shot, I turned around and saw mom looking at me. Carl did it, he shot his own mom. He came up behind us looking at the ground.

"let's go" he whispered coldly, I nodded and opened the door. When we got outside everyone was there waiting, Rick was looking around.

"where's Lori?" He sounded heart broken. "where is she?" I couldn't say anything, I didn't really have a right to, I didn't see what happened. Rick just kept repeating no until he went back into the prison, Carl just looked at the ground not moving.