last day on earth chapter 31

A/n: so I'm going to move the story along a bit as y/n wouldn't really be involved in much leading up to Negan's appearance. So we're skipping to the end of season 6

-Carl pov-
"Y/n you aren't going."

"Carl you can't stop me, what if something happens to you and I never find out? What if mom dies and I'm not there to say goodbye."

"I said no, it's too dangerous."

"Like I haven't been in dangerous situations before."

"This one is different."

"How? Do you not trust me? This is a two way street Carl, I don't want you to go but I can't stop you. I'm the same way." Y/n said before she bumbed my shoulder and left the room. I really didn't want her to go, it was too dangerous. I finished packing up some guns and went out to the rv.

"Carl, is y/n okay? She seemed pretty upset." Rick asked me.

"Yeah.....we.....got into a fight is all." I said, dad put his hand on my shoulder and smiled a little.

"I know you don't want to her to come but she's tough, if anything happens to me I trust her the most with your life, with Judith's life." He told me before turning to Gabriel to talk about Alexandria's security. Ron came out of the rv, looking slightly upset.

"Ron, I said you're staying, remember our deal? I don't want to have to kill you." Y/n said as she stood in the door way. She looked up at me and then went back inside. I sighed before going in myself and sitting at the table across from her.

"Look, I know you're upset with me-"

"I'm more than upset with you, Carl. We're past the prison, we're past the quarantine....I'm not just going to sit back and play princess anymore. We can't be kids, like your dad said.....back at the farm. No more kid stuff." She said to me as we started driving. I nodded and looked at her, she was so beautiful and strong.

"I just....I don't want to lose you....I....I hate the thought of you holding my corpse and crying over it because you couldn't save me."

"I will do anything to save you. You're my everything."

"When they stop us, I want you to stay in the rv, alright? Just do that for me, please." I told her, she nodded and stood up. She sat next to me and held my hand before kissing me gently.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

-y/n pov-
I sat next to mom, holding her hand, and stroking her head. She was burning up, I was getting more and more worried.

"Wh-where's-"

"Shhhhhh Maggie, they're outside, the saviors keep stopping us but we're going to get to the hilltop. You and the baby are going to be okay. I promise." I smiled at her while brushing her hair out of her face. I heard the sound of fire cracking and a voice I never heard before. Then everyone came back inside the rv. Aaron took over watch on mom and I went to the others.

"They've blocked off every path, they're going to be waiting for us. We're playing right into their hand." I said while crossing my arms and leaning against the side of the rv.

"We don't have many options left, y/n is right. We have to figure out something." Sasha said from the passenger seat.

"Let's go back a bit and figure out what to do."

"We could try the original route, but if they're behind us then we've got no chance." I added "our only choice may be to split up, a group of us take Maggie the other take the rv."