No way....chapter 27

My eyes fluttered open as the sun streamed into my room.I sat up and looked around, normally my dad would have woken me up. "Daddy?" I called out, pushing myself out of bed, I walked towards the door. On the other side I heard some snarling, maybe dad over dosed? I opened the door, there my dad stood, a knife wound in his chest, and grey skin. "Daddy?" I asked, taking a step closer to him, he slowly turned to me, snarling, he lunged at me. I screamed and stumbled backwards, he fell at my feet, causing me to scramble to mine. He crawled towards me, trying to attack me. I was backed into my closet, that's when I remembered. I quickly shuffled around for my bow or at least an arrow. "Come on" I squealed, he was getting closer, I found one, just when he was about to bite me I stabbed him through the head. "Y/N!" My brother yelled running into the room. "I-I h-he was trying to ki-ll me....." I studdered out before falling down, not realizing how weak my legs were. I looked down at my father's dead body, I had killed him, I snuffed his life out. Nathan came over and rolled dad's body over "did you stab him?" He asked looking at me, a gun in his hand, pointed at my father. I shook my head, he sighed and shot my dad's body.

My ears rang, I stood up, gripping my arm. "Damnit" I mumbled and ran to mine and Carl's room. I quickly grabbed my bow and arrows as well as my mini crossbow. I looked out the window, it was a bit hard to see but there was someone running around. I stared at them curiously, a few moments later they dropped to the floor after being stabbed. "What the fu-" "y/n?!" Carl said from downstairs panicked. I ran down to him "I'm okay, I promise" I told him as he hugged me tightly. "You need to stop worrying me so much" he mumbled as he held me "I'm sorry."

"Isabell you're alright right?" I asked as my brother quickly pushed her into the car. "Yeah I'm okay" she mumbled and looked at her feet. It's kind of weird to me, her hair was black (blonde if your's is black or brown) and mine was h/c. She was much prettier than I am. Nathan got in the car, he had given us knives in order to protect ourselves more. "Nathan?" Isabell asked him "what?" He replied, driving down the road trying to avoid the dead. "Am I going to die?" She mumbled as she looked at her feet "No!" Nathan and I snapped at the same time. "No matter what, I'll make sure you won't" I told her and held her hand "I'm sorry."

I pulled away from Carl when I heard more gunshots. "Do you know what's going on?" I asked him and went over to the window. There were more people running around and screaming. "No, I do-" "Carl?" Enid asked as she came through the back door. I knew it was her but I still went over there and pointed my knife at her. "Oh it's you" I mumbled and walked back into the living room.

We slowly walked into the small room, first Nathan, Isabell, and me. We heard shuffling and put our knives up. "Drop it!" Nathan said firmly to the man going through some cabinets. "I-I'm sorry, I've got a group, we need food......please." He begged, it was mr. Corson our neighbor a few doors down. "Nathan....just let him take the stuff." Isabell spoke softly, I sighed and looked at Nathan. He was gritting his teeth in anger, he huffed and looked at me. "Y-you guys can come with me!"

I huffed, hearing Enid talk to Carl as if he were her's to worry about. It made me angry, she really thinks she can do whatever the hell she wants. It pissed me off.

"We'll only stay for a week, don't let Isabell get attached to anyone." Nathan growled at me as we walked out of the building. He had resorted to smoking since the whole thing started. I didn't want him to go alone, if he got attacked, he'd die. "I can't believe she convinced me to do this" he grumbled and lit the roll of deadly chemicals. "I can't believe you don't want to go, he's our neighbor, Nathan....he wouldn't hurt us." I told him as I leaned against the car with a sigh. "We don't know that.....I'm going to keep you guys alive...not for yourselves, not for me, not for dad.....but for mom....we'll try to convince them to go south, if that doesn't work....we go out on our own." He said bluntly as he threw the cigarette on the ground, stomping it out. "South?" I tilted my head looking at him curiously.

I don't remember what happened on after that, not until we got to the camp anyway. It was strange....I feel like I should remember.......like it was important to my relationship with Isabell. It took us two days to find the camp, when we got there, there was only six people.

"Wh-where's Jolan?" Mr. Corson asked a woman, she looked exhausted and dirty. Her blonde almost white hair had several blood stains in it. "Jolan, Emi, Katie, and John died tryingto protect us. K and Daniel ran off to find safety." The woman said with a solemn look on her face.

We stayed with them a week before it happened, Nathan had been sneaking off somewhere. Isabell and I were talking with the only other kid in the group. He was kind and sorta cute but I could tell he had a crush on Isabell. That's when it happened, two walkers came out from the tree line and bit him. Isabell screamed in terror as I grabbed her arm and pulled her back to camp. "Get your stuff, we're leaving" I told her as I threw my things in a bag. "No! Stay here you'll be safe" Nathan snapped before running off somewhere. "Stay here...." Isabell mumbled, I groaned and stuffed her things in her bag. I grabbed her arm and pulled her out of our tent, the only thing I could hear was ringing, due to everyone screaming. I dragged her behind the tent and away from the camp. "Stay quiet okay?" I asked as we got further away, she nodded and held my hand. After a few minutes of walking she spoke up "What about N-nathan?" "Isabell.....he had his stuff.....he left us..." I mumbled and continued to pull her until she let go of my hand. I stopped to look at her. "He....left us..." she whispered as tears cascaded down her face. "Isab-" I took a step towards her but before I could a walker came from the side and bit her neck. I screamed and stabbed it in the head before catching Isabell. "Isabell...." I breathed out as she brought her hand up to my cheek and stroked it. "I-I love y-you y/n" she stuttered out "I love you too Isabell....." she smiled lightly and moved her hand. "Y-you have to....." she breathed, still smiling "I'm glad I had a sister like you y/n" she mumbled as I took her gun out of its holster and put it to her head. "I love you and I'm so sorry I broke my promise...." I cried out tears streaming down my face. All Isabell did was shake her head a bit and smile, I slowly pulled the trigger. Her eye were still open so I closed them gently, I held her body close as it lost its warmth. I cried into her chest for a long time, the dead ignored me, I couldn't stop the tears. My sister and best friend is dead, because of me and my carelessness. "Uh.....hey....why are you holding that body?" I looked up to see a boy about my age. I didn't answer him, only sobbed some more and hold Isabell's body closer. "Oh.....you knew her....let me help you" he smiled a bit and held out his hand "I won't hurt her, I promise." I whimpered a bit before gently setting her body on the ground and taking his hand. He pulled me into him and held my waist tightly "I said I wouldn't hurt her....I never said anything about you." He smirked and forcefully kissed my neck multiple times. "...st-stop..." I whimpered, I didn't have the strength to fight back or yell for help. He chuckled into my neck as he pulled his hand up my shirt, his cold hands felt weird against my chest. I started to struggle at this point "stay still!" He snapped and pushed me to the floor next to Isabell's body. "It's the dead!" "Where is he?!?" "Boss?!?" Several voices said sporadically. The guy growled and ran off out of sight. I sighed and laid down all the way, I stared blankly at the sky. The clouds moved slowly, like normal, as if nothing was wrong, the pale blue was bright and hurt my eyes slightly. I wanted to die, I had nothing else to live for, or I thought anyway. After a few minutes I looked at Isabell, the gold chain around her neck that belonged to mom, I took the chain off and looked at the small ruby heart charm. I put it on and looked at the gun next to her. "I'm never using a gun again" I mumbled as I kicked it away from me. I took her backpack off and put it inside mine, gently I lifted her now cold body.

To be continued...

A/n: so I think, I'm going to do the rest or another part of her backstory later. I felt the need to tell you guys in detail what happened to her, because I only gave you all a basic run down of what happened and I want you to feel how she did. Anyway I'vegot stuff to do so until next chapter buh-bye!