War of Woodbury Chapter 7

A/n: play the song when you see the bold letters again.

It's been a day since I had tried to commit "sleep suicide" as everyone is calling it, mom and Glenn are back. I told her what happened  not the part of the dream with the walkers and Carl but the second half. They all want to keep an eye on me, I'm never left alone, I don't mind though because it's usually mom or Carl keeping an eye on me. I haven't slept since I had the nightmare mainly because I might have had a concussion but I didn't, I'm kinda scared to sleep actually, if I keep trying to commit "sleep suicide" I'm going to die of exhaustion. Right now I'm alone though sitting on a hill inside the fence just looking at everything, enjoying the breeze. I had the radio station I recorded on listening to music, I kind of miss commercials and ads but I miss music even more, other than today I haven't listened to it since the farm. I clicked my boots together to the music I wasn't totally alone I know they were watching me, making sure I didn't do anything I wasn't supposed to. I was looking at the trees when I saw it someone was standing there, not a walker, a person. I squinted my eyes to see clearly, I had never seen them before they were looking at me and motioned for me to come to them. I sighed reclutantly and after a few minutes got up and made it look like I went inside but when no one was looking I ran for the fence and climbed over, I ran to where the person was. I looked around they whistled I followed the sound and there stood a man, tall kind of attractive but he was too old for me and I had Carl, he stood there as if he was king of the world. He smirked at me I guess he did it to see if I would practically beg him for attention, when I stared at him blankly his smirk fell.

"Hello, I'm the governor" my breath hitched, I'm an idiot, this is why they have to keep an eye on me, oh well curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back right? He took a step towards me and I took one backwards. "there's no need to be scared, you just have to tell your people to get out of the prison or else we'll kill your boyfriend" he smirked thinking he got me.

"how are you going to do that, he's in the prison?" I said expressionless he just chucked, before I could even blink a bullet landed in between my feet.

"Snipers my dear, so now that, that shot has gotten the attention of your group I'll be on my way" he turned around and disappeared in the brush. After he was gone I fell from all the fear and shaking that I was doing, I sat there thinking until Rick appeared behind me.

"(y/n)!" He shot his gun at a walker in front of me. He walked in front of me, I stared at him blankly, he sighed and picked me up. "GUYS I FOUND HER!" He shouted and started carrying me back to the prison. When we got there Carl practically ripped me from ricks arms.

"WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO!?!? I WAS SO WORRIED!" He yelled causing me to flinch. "sorry" he said softly, I didn't reply just looked at the ground.

"where did you go (y/n)?" Rick asked, I sighed.

"I saw someone in the trees and I went to go see who it was, turns out it was the governor. He told me that we need to leave the prison and...and if we don't they're going to kill Carl. That gun shot was an answer to my question, I asked how they could kill him if he's in the prison and they shot to show they can snipe him." I answered, I looked up from the ground briefly and stared into Carl's eyes then looked back at the ground.

"(Y/n) we're gonna have to keep a constant watch on you, you can't go running off" mom said.

"I know okay?" I put my headphones back on went into the prison I sat in a quiet part just off of our cell block. I sat in the dark hugging my knees for who knows how long until my favorite song from this broadcast came on perfect by p!nk. (sorry if you don't like p!nk or the song it's the only one that I like that makes since here and no I'm not putting in the lyrics just the song) I started to sing, first I was quiet and then I started to get louder but not too loud I didn't want everyone to come in worried. I guess I was louder than I thought though because Carl came into the room half way through the song and sat next to me. I didn't look at him or anything I just kept singing, he was so warm, just him sitting next to me I no long felt cold or sad. When the song ended he pulled the headphones off my head.