another attempt chapter 9

~~~~~~~~(y/n) POV~~~~~~~~
I was sitting on the steps going up to the second floor of the prison waiting for Carl so we can go outside. They trust me enough to let me be alone inside but I can't go outside alone. He came and sat next to me kissing my forehead.

"come on you wanted to go outside" he said.

"yeah let's go." we both stood up and walked outside. We sat down in a small secluded part of the prison the shade from the tall building keeping us cool, even though carl is the coolest guy I know, wink wink nudge nudge. All joking aside, it was nice we couldn't see any walkers on this side of the fence and there was a gentle breeze. Carl pushed a strand of hair out of my face, I tore my gaze away from the outside world and onto him.

"what?" I asked smiling.

"you're beautiful." I blushed and he just smiled.

"Do you think we'll survive this?" I ask him quietly.

"yeah I always thought that why do you ask?"

"It's just a thought I've been having lately like what if the governor attacks us? What if the walkers get in? What if one of us dies and turns and kills a bunch of us? What if I successfully "sleep suicide"? It's just been bothering me" I sighed looking at my feet.

"Hey" he put his thumb and pointer finger on my chin and lifted my face to look at him."we're going to make it and we are going to get married and start a family when this is all over, okay?" I smiled and nodded. He gave me a kiss which was interrupted by someone screaming we both ran to the front of the prison to see a girl about Beth's age slashing at walkers. She was short with braided dark hair and eyes."let me in!" She screamed. "please I'm a good guy!" I looked at Carl who nodded he pulled out his gun as I ran and opened the gate. Carl shot at the near by walkers as the girl ran in stumbling to the floor. As I closed the gate Carl pointed his gun at her.

"how many walkers have you killed?" He asked.

"wh-what wh-"

"just answer the question!"

"I don't know a lot!" She snapped back.

"how many people?" I asked for him she looked shocked like it brought up something she wanted to forget. She looked down loose strands of hair covering her face.

"one" she said her voice cracking

"why?" Carl asked, his gun still pointed at her.

"they were going to turn" Carl and I looked at each other and nodded.

"come on inside we've got food and water, you look like you haven't eaten in days" I say holding out my hand to her and after a minute she took it. "I'm (y/n) and this is Carl" I said gesturing to him

"Kriztae" (pronounced Christie) she said with a small smile that dropped after a moment.

--------time skip--------
It's been about a week since Kriztae came to the prison and we've become really close. When I'm not hanging out with Carl I'm with her, she doesn't know about my "sleep suicide" which I'm scared to tell her about because it could make her not want to be friends with me. We were sitting in her cell talking about before the out break when Carl peaked into the cell.

"hey babe?" He said in a sleepy voice.

"yes?" I reply.

"come on its late and I want to cuddle" I sighed and laughed a bit.

"fine, later dude"

"later" Kriztae waved, drawing in her journal. I walked into the cell and fell on the bed.