prison chapter 4

A/n: I realized that I totally skipped Dales death oh well he wasn't in here much I think maybe once anyway I'm not skipping right to the prison I'm going to go through the horde and then what you see in the show essential we pick up when Carl is in the field and Rick just killed shane so yeah.

_________(y/n) POV_______
Carl and I had snuck out of the house to see what the gun shoots were. When we got close we saw Rick standing over Shane's body. Carl pulled up his gun and pointed it at Rick.

"Carl no don't!" I whisper yelled, he didn't move.

"c-carl it isnt what it looks like please put down the gun" Rick told him, he still didn't. Then behind Rick, Shane stood up or I thought it was shane. His eyes where pale grey and his face looked sickly.

"carl" I breathed out, pulling on his jacket, he moved ever so slightly and shot shane in the head and pulled his gun down.

-----------time skip (only a few minutes calm down)----------
We were almost to the farm when Rick stopped to talk to Carl about what actually happened. I didn't need to listen it was pretty easy to tell that Shane wanted to kill Rick. I turned around to look at where we left shane...shock and panic was all I felt, apparently they looked as well.

"come on we've got to go!" Rick said we all started running. By time we got to the farm the walkers had caught up to us, we had no choice, we ran to the barn.

"quick you two go up to the second floor and drop a lighter down when I say so okay?" We nod Carl let me up first, I pulled a lighter out of my backpack. ((y/n) felt like something bad was gonna happen and carried her backpack around for the last day) I handed it to Carl.

"you aren't going to miss it?" He asked me quietly.

"no it was my brother's, he ditched my group remember?" he just nodded, Rick ran from the door to the ladder letting walkers in.

"now!" He shouted climbing up to us. Carl dropped the lighter the barn practically erupted into flames.

"Here this way" someone yelled we jumped out a window onto the roof of the rv. When we climbed down we saw that whoever was driving was dead.

"Come on to the cars quick!" We ran to the cars and saw Hershal shooting a shotgun at the walkers. "come on Hershal! We have to go!" Rick shouted as I started dragging Hershal to the car, we got in and started to drive off.

----------time skip-----------

We were huddled around the fire Rick just told us that everyone is infected. I guess on some level I knew that seeing as dad didn't have any bite or scratch marks when he or the walker him came into my room. Carl was leaning up against me for warmth I just sat there staring at the fire trying to ignore everyone fighting. My eye lids started to get heavy the fire was calming, I closed my eyes and fall into a dream less sleep.

---------time skip-----
It's been a few months since the farm, Lori is noticeable pregnant and should give birth soon, and we've been going from house to house to rest for awhile. It doesn't last long considering the horde has followed us somehow so we had to keep moving. We barge into a house and search it all we find is some canned dog food. We're all sitting in the living room, carl was trying to get the dog food opened when Rick walked over and took it from him, he looks at it for a minute and then throws it in the fire place. I sigh and look out the window.

"guys they're coming" I tell everyone, we all head back to the cars and drive off.

-------time skip cause it's getting boring------
We had just cleared out a cell block which is where we'll be staying. Carl is talking with Beth while she gets settled into her cell when Hershal comes up to them and Carl quickly walks back over to me.

"sooooo we're sharing a cell?" I ask him.

"yeah" he sighed.

"don't worry I already picked it out and put my stuff in it." he nodded and sat down on the stairs, I climbed up behind him and layed my back on his. ( essential your laying on him so your head is resting on his hat)

"is wittle carl sad bwcause he doesn't get to share a room with Beth?" I say in a baby voice.

"no" he states even though I can't see his face I know he's blushing.

"Dude its so obvious you like her"

"is it really?" I sigh and kick off the steps jumping over him landing so that I'm crouched in front of the boy.

"Yes yes it is" I smirk at him.

"whatever just let's go to the room" he says, I take him to a cell near the end on the top floor.

"you get the bottom bunk." he layed on the bed sighing in contentment. I giggled at his reaction to the bed.

"what's so funny?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"nothing I just find it funny how all of your stress from two seconds ago is just gone." I tell him.

"well that's what happens when you have no worries." he said as if he was the coolest person in the world as he pulled his hat over his face. I quietly walked into the cell all the way and grabbed his hat off his face put it on and ran off. "Hey! Give me my hat back!" He started running after me, I ran outside, down the hill but I tripped and rolled all the way down. I was holding Carl's hat to my head when he fell on top of me and pinned me down. "Give my hat back!" He said in a playful tone.

"no" I giggled, he started tickling me.

"why you!"

"N-no carl sto-stop it! I-i can't br-breath!" I had let go of the hat and it had rolled a bit away from us. He stopped tickling me, his hands were placed next to me, we just stared into each others eyes. His face was so close I could feel his breath hitting my face causing me to blush slightly. We both closed the gap between us, his lips hit mine softly, it was gentle, as if too much force would break me. Our lips moved in sync, they fit like puzzle pieces. It felt perfect, like we were supposed to be together. After a minute we pulled away for air and just looked at each other.

"(Y/n) i-i do-" I interrupted him by giving him a short kiss. When I pulled away I bit my lower lip smiling.

"you know Carl I've liked you for awhile now, I just kept telling myself that I couldn't because you are my best friend but now I know that I love you and I can't keep lying to myself." I whispered to him.

"I love you too" he kissed me again until we were interrupted by a cough.

A/n: so who do you think caught you? Was it Rick? Lori? Daryl? Or maybe Beth? Who knows! Oh wait I do haha anyway have a nice day lovelies buh-bye!