he's gone? chapter 28

A/n: I'm skipping to when Rick gets back, sorry

"OPEN THE GATE! OPEN THE GATE!" I heard Rick scream, I dropped my bag and ran in the direction of his screaming. When I got to the gate I saw a heard of walkers, well, more walkers. "Do you know where Glenn is?" I asked and glanced at mom. "No, but he's alive, I know it, where's Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham?" He asked, still trying to catch his. "Still not back yet." I replied, looking at my feet. What if dad is dead? What would mom do? And if Daryl didn't come back.....what then? I felt someone wrap their arms around me tightly, I hugged one of the arms to my chest as I stared at the ground. "Y/n....let's go to the house." Carl mumbled in my ear as he began to gently drag me, he moved his arms so that he was holding my hand. He carefully pulled me upstairs and sat on our bed, he pulled me onto his lap and held me close. I buried my head in his chest "I'm worried about mom." I whispered as he shushed me gently and stroked my hair. He kissed my forehead and laid down with me on top of him. "It's going to be okay, I promise." He smiled a bit at me and kissed me deeply. I kissed him back and closed my eyes, before I could do anything else I fell asleep.

I was sitting alone, in a field, just staring off into the distance. My head rested gently on my knees. "Y/n" a soft voice said, making me turn my head. It was Isabell, she had on a purple dress and a soft smile. She sat next to me, now I was slightly taller than her. Her expression was very childish and her eyes were full of innocence. "You know, I miss you, right?" She asked as she turned her attention away from me. "I guess I missed you so much I wanted you to join me.....how selfish and naive I am.....I'm sorry." She mumbled as I sighed "you're an idiot is what you are." I chuckled a bit and looked at her as she looked back at me. "I miss you too, all the time, I think about you a lot." I told her, she smiled at me and giggled a bit. "I know, I'm always with you."

I slowly fluttered my eyes open and gripped the sheet. Carl had left, great, I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I huffed and glanced out the window as I pushed off the bed. It looked like the sun was going to set soon, things were quiet, it felt a bit odd but I knew why. The walkers were at our gates and there was nothing we could do. I walked downstairs and looked at the door as it closed. "Rick, Carl, what did I miss?" I asked, tilting my head slightly. "Ron wanted to learn how to shoot a gun, so he's carrying a empty one." Rick told me, well great, Ron has a gun, at least it's not David. He probably has a gun already though. "I've got to go help build support for the wall, you guys go for a walk or whatever." Rick said as he waved and left the house. I looked at Carl "he did say whatever." I giggled a bit and kissed his cheek gently. "I love you so much." He whispered and placed his hand on my cheek, stroking it softly. "I love you too." I mumbled back, getting lost in his eyes. We stood there for a minute, just staring at each other silently. "Tell me something" I whispered "what do you want me to tell you?" He whispered back "something I've never heard before" we where so close I could feel his breath on my face. My heart was beating fast his lips brushed against mine as he said the words I've always wanted to hear. His smooth voice rang in my ears as he spoke to me. "I'm living for you." He breathed, his warm breath caressing my ear. Several shivers washed down my spine from the sensation. It was just me and Carl, just the man I loved, gently feeling my skin. I felt happy, this was all I've ever wanted......someone to protect, someone left to live for. That one person who would do anything to keep me safe, to keep me going, I found him, and his name is Carl Grimes.

A/n: I'm sorry it's so short! I want to put more but I feel like I should end it with a really sweet and cute part. I also wanted to get something out to you guys as some of you probably have nothing to do this holiday break unless you don't celebrate thanksgiving but hey, just something to keep the story going and give you something to do for a few minutes. I might upload another chapter sometime this week so fingers crossed I remember to. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the story so far, buh-bye!