III. First Date

*Aure's POV*

Anakin and Obi-Wan came to my and Padmé's apartment very early in the morning.

"The Council thought it would be better if Anakin accompanied Padmé to Naboo instead of you, Aure." Obi-Wan told me.

"Why? Isn't that my job?" I asked frowning.

"She wants to hide. Everybody knows you are the Senator's guard, she will be discovered if you go with her." He reasoned. "We would prefer if you stayed in Coruscant pretending to protect the Senator's decoy double." His eyes were pleading.

"I guess you are right. Still, protecting her is my job."

Anakin intervened "If you want to protect Padmé, you could help Master Kenobi finding who's trying to kill her." And he gave a knowing smile to Obi-Wan, who responded with a stern look.

My eyes and mouth opened wide in shock. Me, helping in an actual mission?!
Obi-Wan saw my expression and smiled. "Is that okay? Do you want to do it?" He asked me.

"Yes! I would love helping, but... will the Council approve?"

"I will explain them later." Obi-Wan assured me.

Maybe working with Obi-Wan wasn't the best idea; I wanted to stop having these feelings for him and this mission would take time, a lot of time spent with Obi-Wan... This wasn't good.
But I wanted to help Padmé in any possible way, so I had to do it. I just had to control my feelings for him.

-------------------------

In a short time, Anakin and Padmé were dressed in outfits that would not draw attention from anyone.

Dormé, Obi-Wan and I waited for them at the apartment's door to hand them their luggage. Dormé was dressed to look like Senator Amidala.

"Be safe." I told my friend.

"Thank you, Aure. I know that you will be busy with Master Kenobi on this investigation, but try to take good care of Dormé when you can, please." She begged me.

"I will do my best. I've already ordered two soldiers to stay with her when I can't." I promised.

Padmé embraced her faithful handmaiden after hugging me. Even under those circumstances, she managed to send me a smile.

Dormé looked nervous. "I worry about you, M'Lady. What if they realise I'm not you?"

Padmé looked up to Anakin. "Then my Jedi protector will have to prove himself."

Padmé and Dormé smiled; Obi-Wan pulled Anakin aside and told him something.
Then, they came back to us, Obi-Wan told Padmé "I will get- We will get" he corrected himself looking at me for a moment, then continued "to the bottom of this plot quickly. You'll be back here in no time."

"I will be most grateful for your speed, Master Jedi." Padmé replied.

Anakin picked up their luggage and he left with Padmé. R2, who was going to Naboo with them, was waiting for them.

"I hope he doesn't try anything foolish." Obi-Wan murmured next to me once the door had closed.

"I'm more concerned about her doing something, than him." I laughed and he smiled.

"Let's go to the Jedi Temple. I'll ask them if you can work with me and we'll try to find out where does this dart come from." He took my hand and pulled me out of the Senate building. Once, outside, he realized our hands were still intertwined and quickly let go of mine.