~ Life with the Jedi ~

*Aure's POV*

I had been living in Coruscant for some months already and I was almost used to the crowded bright planet. My apartment at the Jedi Temple was a small one, decorated in white and orange, and it was very comfortable. Sometimes I would think about Naboo and felt nostalgic, but Obi-Wan was always there to cheer me up. Padmé came to Coruscant frequently because she was a Senator, so my parents were probably what I missed the most from Naboo; my adoptive parents, of course, as I never met my real ones (I mentioned this in the 1st chapter of the 1st book and I forgot about it; it may be useful for the story).

All in all, I loved living in Coruscant, but, although I really liked my new home, I wasn't there most of the time.

When I was in Coruscant, I usually spent time with Obi-Wan and Anakin, watching as the young man trained with his Master, or we just talked. Sometimes, when I didn't feel like watching them, or they just wanted to be alone, I would go to the Archives library. This had become my favorite part of the Temple; I loved spending time there, looking through books and maps.

I met some other Jedi and thanks to them I started to understand many things about the Force. The truth is that everyone welcomed me to the Temple, especially the children. The little padawans were from three to eight years old and they loved talking and playing with me, so I visited them whenever I had some free time; they would be very excited when they showed me what they had learned every time I visited

Some members of the Council noticed how much the children enjoyed my company, so they asked me to teach the kids; not teaching them the Force, just basic things like maths or science. Usually, a Master Jedi would do this, but they were more busy than ever with the war that was going on. I gladly accepted the job.

When a Jedi returned from a mission, they had three free days; after that, they did their job at the Temple (training padawans, working at the Archives, security of the Temple...) until they were sent to a new mission. I wasn't a Jedi, so I had nothing to do when I came back from a mission; that's why I accepted the job of teaching the children.

I had gone with Obi-Wan to some missions already. After the three free days, Obi-Wan got back to training Anakin, who would become a Jedi Knight soon, and I got back to teaching the kids every morning.

The missions went well, there were some difficulties sometimes, but nothing that we could not overcome. We even had small amounts of time to share some laughs, although we were serious most of the time.

Anakin came with us to the missions as well, as he was Obi-Wan's padawan. Obviously, he didn't know about our relationship; Obi-Wan thought that Anakin would see him as a hypocrite and a bad master if he knew. Nevertheless, Anakin was sure that Obi-Wan and I liked each other, so he decided to tease us whenever he had the opportunity.

Every time Anakin made a comment about 'how cute we would be together' or 'I'm sure she wants to kiss you, Master', I would roll my eyes and take a deep breath to stop myself from telling him everything, while Obi-Wan tried to hide his red cheeks.

These embarrassing moments with Anakin only made us want to end the missions even sooner. A mission could take weeks and I would miss my new comfortable small apartment at the Jedi Temple every night.

Another thing I missed a lot when we were not in Coruscant was sleeping with Obi-Wan. Some nights at the Jedi Temple, we would sneak into each other's apartments when everybody was sleeping, so we could share some hours together and wake up to see each other's faces. Of course, we couldn't sleep together when Anakin was around, so when we were on a mission with him, I missed feeling Obi-Wan's arms around me, his lips covering me with kisses and his beard caressing my skin. I missed hugging him and feeling his skin, and tasting his lips. And I really missed whispering sweet nothings to each other until we fell asleep sharing our warmth.