VIII. War Begins

Important A/N at the end of the chapter.
Please, read!

----------------------

*Aure's POV*

There we were, ready to be executed, when things became even worse, if that was possible. Anakin and Padmé were carried into the arena on a cart, with handcuffs around their wrists. What the hell were they doing there? While they passed in front of us, Obi-Wan stared at his padawan in disbelief.

They were chained to the two other columns at Obi-Wan's right.

"I was beginning to wonder if you've got my message." Obi-Wan told Anakin.

"I retransmitted it, just as you requested, Master. Then, we decided to come and rescue you." The young man replied.

Obi-Wan turned to me and then he looked up at his handcuffs. "Good job." He said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"Thank you, Ani." I told him trying to be nice. He just wanted to help, it wasn't his fault if his plan didn't work.

I heard a Geonosian shout "Let the executions begin!" and I gulped as I heard the public cheer.

Obi-Wan looked at me again. He gave me the smallest of smiles and mouthed 'I love you'.

Four gates opened at the other side of the arena and a monster came out from each of them: One had a big horn, another one was green and similar to a spider, the other two were grey and had sharp teeth and claws.

"I've got a bad feeling about this..." Anakin muttered after one grey monster ate a Geonosian.

The four monsters came closer and closer. The green one walked to Obi-Wan, the grey ones to Padmé and me and the one with a horn to Anakin.

"Just relax, concentrate." Obi-Wan to calm us down.

"That's easy to say when you're a Jedi." I replied while looking at the grey beast.

"What about Padmé?" Asked Anakin.

I looked at Padmé's column to see her climbing it. I smiled proudly.

"She seems to be on top of things." Obi-Wan said and looked back at the monsters in front of us. I chuckled at his comment.

Padmé was already at the top of the column. The green monster attacked Obi-Wan. He quickly moved so it would break his chains instead of hurting him. I let out a breath that I hadn't realized I was holding.

The monster with a horn ran to Anakin, who jumped on it to ride it. He pulled his chains around his horn so he could control it.

One grey monster managed to scratch Padmé's back, while the other one tried to bite me, but I dodge its moves. It was difficult because the beast was very fast.

The creature that was trying to kill Obi-Wan crushed on Obi-Wan's column, which fell down on the monster that I was dodging, killing it immediately. I was lucky; I sighed and looked at my hands, which were still chained. Obi-Wan saw that I was restrained and ran to me, so the monster would follow.

He stood at my side and said "When I tell you, move to your left." I nodded looking at the green creature that was getting closer. "Now!" He said when the monster was ready to attack. Its leg cut my chain, setting me free. Obi-Wan ran away and the monster followed him.

Anakin and Padmé came to me riding the creature with a horn and I climbed on it, behind Padmé.

I saw Obi-Wan trying to get rid of the green monster, fighting it with a spear. "Anakin, there!" I told him and pointed to his master. When we were near Obi-Wan, he climbed behind me.
I turned around and he asked "Are you okay?" I nodded.