Epilogue

Anakin discovered their little secret and Obi-Wan didn't know how to explain it. He used to be Anakin's master, he should have been an example of discipline to him. Instead, he broke the Jedi Code; he pretended to be a great Jedi, but did exactly what he always told Anakin not to do.

Right then, for the first time, Obi-Wan had doubts about his relationship with Aure. He already knew that it would be difficult to make it work, but he had never thought about ending their relationship before. He believed that he wasn't enough for her; he couldn't give her anything that could make her happy: Marriage, a family, a nice house... Nothing that she could wish for. What was the point of being together without promises?

Aure, on the other hand, always told herself that she didn't want promises. However, deep inside, she wished that Obi-Wan wasn't a Jedi so they could be actually happy. How long would their relationship last? What if the Jedi Council found out? Would Anakin tell them? Would Obi-Wan leave her? She wouldn't blame him if he did. The Jedi Order was everything to him, she knew it.

Besides, Aure wasn't the same cheerful girl she used to be and Obi-Wan's optimism seemed to be gone. They were distant to each other. Why? Because Aure was sad, Obi-Wan tried to cheer her up and she would push him away. Because Obi-Wan was always worried, Aure tried to calm him down and he ignored her words. They were too independent, made to be alone. The war changed them, and it didn't seem to end soon.

Nevertheless, every day they loved each other more and more.

-------

~ Thanks for reading ~