Chapter 9: Last Year September

*Shanice POV*

I knew asking my Dad if I could talk to Omelly was a risky situation especially since he dislikes our relationship. I knew he was trying to get on my good side again so I thought I'd use that as an advantage. Talking to Omelly was a way of moving on for me, not with our relationship but with my life. My parents didn't know what exactly happened but Omelly did. I needed to know why he left me that night and why I was taken advantage of. I didn't wanna blame him but I needed to know if the guy that raped me was an enemy of his. I needed answers that I've been wanting for a year now and now I feel like I'm mentally prepared enough to get them. I patiently waited to see who would speak first between my parents but neither of them said anything. Today was suppose to be a day for us to spend together but because of me it would have to happened later rather than right now. My Dad was looking at me with sympathetic eyes as I decided to turn away a little. He knew it wasn't personal and that's one thing I love about him. He can look at me and know exactly what I'm thinking and sometimes what I'm feeling.

Me: "Dad can you please do me this favor?"

(I asked in a determined tone deciding to break the room filled silence.)

Meek: "Why should I call him? Can't you meet up with him or something?"

(He asked totally taking me by surprised.)

Me: "1. He doesn't wanna talk to me right now, 2. I don't wanna feel uncomfortable I wanna be here where I feel safe and 3. You don't like me being alone with any guy so I'm shocked as to why you'd ask me that."

Meek: "If he doesn't wanna talk to you then why should I call him for you then Niecey."

(He laughed shaking his head.)

Shanice: "Because, he won't answer my calls but I know he'll answer yours."

Meek: "Just because I'm his boss doesn't mean he'll listen to me. Especially if I call him and mention your name."

(He shrugged.)

Shanice: "Dad I know you're old but you can't be this slow."

(I laughed at him acting as if he's not getting what I'm tryna say to him.)

Meek: "I know what you're tryna say Shan I'm just messing with you. You want me to lie to him."

(I nodded.)

Me: "I want you to find a way to get him over here even if it's to lie to your best friend Dad, we all do it."

(He laughed along with my Mom.)

Nicki: "What do you want him to say?"

(I paused for a minute tryna think of the best way to get Omelly over here.)