Chapter 14: Lunch On Me

It felt like I abandoned this book but I didn't. I've just been busy with my 2 new Omeeka stories. Make sure y'all check them out (If I Had One Wish & 50 Shades of Omeeka). Now back to the story...Enjoy!!!!

*Shanice POV*

Waking up, I knew that this morning was gonna be busy. I knew I needed to see Chino face to face but I was dreading talking to him. As I made my way to the car to meet Chino for lunch Omelly called.

"Babe"

(I shrieked as he started laughing. I couldn't never get tired of hearing voice.)

Omelly: " Babe I just spoke to you a few hours ago"

(I laughed knowing that he was right. Of course he didn't like the way he had left things even after texting me so he called me after he woke up this morning to tell me good morning and how much he loved me. I tried to be be fake mad at him but there was no point cause he always knew the right words to say.)

Me: "I know but I miss your cute ass already"

Omelly: "I am cute. Aren't I?"

(I chuckled at his cockiness.)

Me: " Melly don't make me take it back"

Omelly: "What's the point of taking it back. I already know I'm fine girl"

(I laughed.)

Me: "Babe I'm bout to leave why did you call me again"

Omelly: "Just wanted to know if you wanted to come over afterwards your favorite baby gone be there"

(He laughed referring to his daughter. We've developed a cute relationship over the course of Omelly and I's friendship and now with us being together I was afraid it might change.)

Me: "I mean I could"

(I said hesitantly.)

Omelly: "Why you say it like that Ma? Just tell me that you don't wanna come and I'll be fine. You won't hurt my feelings"

(I chuckled angrily. I hated when he'd jump to stupid conclusions without hearing me out. Everything had to be about him and his feelings and it was one of the things I hated about him. He was so selfish.)

Me: "Can you please stop jumping to conclusions?"

Omelly: "Then stop talking like you don't wanna be around a nigga and shit"

(Shaking my head I decided to put an end to this conversation because I knew how angry Omelly could get with his words and I wasn't Reyna have all that happen right now. I had to save my energy for this lunch with Chino.)

Me: "Well as I said before I gotta go so I'll call you when I get to your house."

(He laughed.)

Omelly: "Call me if I need to pop up on ole boy"

Me: "Goodbye Omelly"

Omelly: "I'm serious"

(He laughed as I ended the call. Violence was Omelly's way of handling things it wasn't mine. Looking at the time I saw that I was pretty early so I took my time and after what felt like forever due to the LA traffic I got to the diner and waited. Chino was late as expected so I ordered me something light to eat seeing that I was gonna be at Omelly's where I could eat all his snacks. After what felt like forever Chino finally arrived. I thought it would be awkward at first but it wasn't, until he tried to kiss me and I curved him.)