3 Years Old

"Sarai, eat your applesauce." The Queen ushered her.

"But I don't want to..." Sarai whined.

"If you finish early, we'll let you go play in your room longer." The Queen tried to bargain with her.

"Deal." Sarai confirmed, finishing her applesauce in seconds, running upstairs.

"You have a way to get to her." The King chuckled.

"But she's different from her siblings..." The Queen trailed off, "The others would immediately listen, Sarai is always persevered to do the things she wants, the things that are right."

"Very true, you are always making bargains with her." The King made a point.

"And I can't see through her. I can't tell when she's lying or not, she's very sneaky." The Queen said.

"Ah, that's just her. Our little mystery." The King stifled a laugh.

"Yes..." The Queen replied, deep in thought.

****************

"Knock knock." Sarai whispered in front of Jake's door.

"Go away." Jake whispered back firmly.

"Please Jakey." Sarai begged. Something she never did.

"No, go away, please. You're not safe with me." Jake begged. Something he never did.

"But I'm more safe with you than I am with Penny." Sarai told him, twiddling her thumbs.

"How..." Jake questioned.

"Let me in, and I'll tell you." Sarai bargained.

"Ugh, fine." Jake cracked the door open, and Sarai came in without a noise.

"Penny. She killed Arrow. " Sarai stated blankly. "She killed our eldest brother."

"No..." Jake whispered, running his hands through his hair. Tears threatening to fall. "But..."

"Yes." Sarai said, and she sat down in front of him, cross legged.