4 Years Old

"Mother. I'd like to have a word with you." Jake said firmly as he approached his mother. Her expression darkened, but she turned around, smiling, clapping her hands together.

"Of course Jake, what's on your mind?" The Queen asked, gesturing him to follow her to the library for a cup of tea. They arrived in the library, and sat down. The Queen ordered one of the servants to get them tea.

"When I was younger, you told me Arrow was killed because of the war, correct?" Jake asked for confirmation.

"Yes..." The Queen answered smoothly after a second of hesitation.

"Thank you." The Queen thanked the servant for the tea, and Jake waited for her to leave before talking again.

"But there wasn't a war for him to be killed." Jake said blankly, his face expressionless. The Queen froze.

"And there wasn't a murderer to be convicted. So you made up an excuse that he was being careless running around the castle to tell our people. But the real reason was because Penelope hated him. Because she wanted to be the next ruler." Jake looked at his mother, "isn't it?" The Queen slowly nodded, knowing she wouldn't be able to lie out of it.

"That's all." Jake ended their conversation, standing up to walk out.

"Don't." The Queen's voice strained.

"Don't what?" Jake said very patiently.

"If you.." The Queen started, "tell a soul, I'll-"

"Mother!" Sarai burst into the room, running for her mother. Distracting her mother. Just like Sarai had planned.

Jake quickly exited the room, leaving Sarai and their mother be.

"Mother, what were you and Jakey talking about?" Sarai pretended to be curious. The Queen stared at her long and hard, but as always, the Queen couldn't see through Sarai like the others.

"Just small talk." The Queen lied.

"Don't act and pretend around me. I can see through you." Sarai copied what the Queen said to Jake when see was just a baby. "That's what you said 4 years ago, right? When I was just a baby." The Queen was shocked. That's when she was done. The Queen hit Sarai, knocking her back to one of the bookshelves. Sarai slide down the bookshelf, unconscious. Blood was dripping from her forehead. Her scar had been opened. Again. The Queen left Sarai alone and hurt, not caring for her own child.

Jake walked in moments later, seeing his mother walk out, but not Sarai.

"Oh no..." Jake said, kneeling down next to Sarai, "Not again."