5 Years Old

"Let me out!" Sarai screamed. Ever since her mother hurt her, Sarai had been locked in her room. So was Jake.

"No. Not until you learn how to listen to your mother." The Queen yelled from the other side of the door. Sarai snarled. She was different from most 5 year olds.

"Now where's the fun in that?" Sarai retorted. Her mother left without another word. Sarai sighed.

"Being a bad girl takes a lot of work." Sarai walked over to her balcony and climbed down the ropes she had set out. Her mother forgot to lock one thing. Sarai landed in their garden. No one usually came out here. She saw Jake sitting on the edge of the fountain.

"She forgot to lock your balcony too?" Sarai asked. Jake looked up, and silently nodded. Sarai sat down on his lap, and he wrapped his arms around her waist. Sarai's feet dangled off of his legs. I mean, Jake was 18 while she was only 5.

Sarai fell asleep in Jake's arms. Jake laid down on the edge of the fountain, falling asleep with Sarai. Jake woke up later, hearing someone coming out to the garden. He started to panic.

"Sarai, wake up, there's someone in the garden." Jake shook Sarai awake. Sarai opened her eyes widely.

"Go. I'll deal with it." Sarai told him. He ran over to the rope, looking back.

"I'm sure. Go, before you get caught. You have it worse than I do." Sarai reassured.

"Lalalalala!" They heard terrible singing. Jake had disappeared into his room while Sarai stood there innocently. The singing stopped. Sarai had been spotted.

"S-Sarai." Penny stuttered. "You're supposed to be in y-your room..." Penny was afraid of Sarai, no matter how much younger Sarai was than Penny.

"And if you tell anyone, you might not live long enough to be that ruler. Isn't that why you killed Arrow?" She threatened.

"If you don't tell, I won't." Penny said immediately.

"Fair trade." Sarai said, walking back into the garden, to climb back into her room.