Chapter Nine

"Dalia"

The sound of her name caused Dalia stir from her slumber and slowly opened her eyes. She blinked to adjust to the light and adjusted she saw that it was Klaus. He was still seated in the front of the car, looking back at her. "What?" she groaned sitting up.

"We're here, get out of the car" he said before turning back around and opening his door. She smirked and opened one of the back doors with her magic. She heard the sound of the door colliding with Klaus as he got out. He snarled before speaking "If I didn't need your blood I'd snap your neck right now" he said pulling her out of the car and beginning to lead her towards the mansion by the arm.

"I can walk Klaus" she huffed. Klaus pursed his lips and decided to let her arm ago, continuing cautiously. Dalia walked in front of him and looked down at her finger; the ring she had told Damon about, the one that was like the Gilbert ring was still on her finger. She smirked and rested her hand by her side as she walked to the door.

"Why are you smirking?" Klaus queried, his accent smooth.

She looked over her shoulder "I'm thinking of happy thoughts to take me away from this nightmare" she lied rolling her eyes. Klaus shrugged it off and opened the door before they both walked in.

"Thank God you're here Nik, Elijah has...." Rebekah trailed off upon seeing Dalia "Oh, hello" she smirked, crossing her arms over her chest

"What are you doing awake Rebekah it's 5 in the morning?" Klaus huffed taking Dalia's wrist and walking to the living room "Sit down" he told her as he released his grip.

"I was waiting for you" Rebekah replied pouring herself and Klaus a drink.

Klaus took the two drinks from her. "Good because now I need you to do something for me" he said handing one to Dalia.

"What?" she asked glaring at the doppelganger.

"Go to the boarding house and get something's for Dalia, clothes, whatever's in her room" he said sipping his drink.

"Why?" Rebekah asked.

"Because he needs it to look like I've left willingly" Dalia said staring blankly at her drink.

Klaus looked at her "How did you know that?" he asked.

She looked up at him "Not hard to guess" she lied swiftly.

Klaus kept his gaze on her dark hues until Rebekah cleared her throat, purposely snapping his attention back to her. Eyes moving to his sister, Klaus dug into his back pocket and grabbed his keys before tossing them at her. "Take the car and make sure you leave a note"

Rebekah smirked catching the keys and blurring off. Klaus sat in the armchair across from Dalia. He held the glass in both hands sitting forward slightly, blue hues on the face he'd seen countless times.

"Got a staring problem?" Dalia asked looking up from her drink to him.

"There's something about you I can't quite shake"

"Well there are things about you that make me shake with disgust" she muttered, putting her drink down on the coffee table.

He chuckled lightly at her words "It's late go to bed"

Not bothered to argue Dalia simply rolled her eyes and stood up "Where is the 'bed'?" she asked, using air quotations around the word. Why? Because she believed her bed to be in the boarding house, definitely not here.

"Upstairs, go left, third door on the right" Klaus said standing up and taking her drink from the table to tidy up.

She nodded before walking away and out of the living room. She had just walked up the first few steps when she felt someone holding onto her arm, she turned her head instantly taken back.

"Katerina?" the man asked, he had dark hair and looked smart wearing a suit.

Her nose scrunched in disgust hearing that name "Never" she said pulling her arm away and walking off to find her room. Once in the room she closed the door loudly behind her, not giving a damn. "Klaus ли малко .... Не мога да повярвам .... Катрин e мъртъв" (Klaus you little.... I can't believe .... Katerina is dead) she mumbled in Bulgarian. She took a breath and placed her hands on her hips as she paced around the room. Her mind was filled with various things, Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, Katherine and another person in particular... Kol.

The next morning...

"Dalia?" Stefan called knocking on her door "We should talk about Klaus"

Damon stood by his brother's side, arms folded waiting impatiently "Just walk in"

"What if she's getting dressed" Stefan said looking back at him.

Damon smirked and pushed Stefan aside walking in, he furrowed his eyebrows as he looked around. Eyes fell on the empty bed before he strutted over to the bathroom and opened the door. "She's not here"

"What do you mean she's not here?" Stefan asked stepping in.

"I mean she's not here, she's gone, dumbass" he said. He blurred to her wardrobe and opened the doors "No clothes"

"Damon" Stefan called. "Note" Stefan said picking it off the dresser. Damon moved from the wardrobe and over to Stefan so that they could both read the note.

Dear Salvatores,

I decided to leave Mystic Falls, it was getting boring here and I can't deal with the consistent rambling.
You don't need to worry, I know you wouldn't anyways. I didn't want to be a bother so I just took my things and left last night, you know me full of surprises. I won't be coming back to Mystic Falls, tell Klaus I said goodbye, actually don't, the last thing I need is him looking for me. Just try not to miss me too much.

Yours, Dalia Petrova
P.S. I took a bottle of Damon's bourbon

"Why would she just up and leave? Maybe Klaus scared her off?" Stefan guessed, handing the note over to Damon.

Damon shook his head "No" he muttered, eyebrows knotting together.

"What?" Stefan asked confused, looking back at him raising an eyebrow.

"Dalia doesn't like bourbon"

"How do you know that?" Stefan questioned.

"She gave me a bottle before Klaus came, told me she doesn't like it" Damon said, befuddled reading over the note again "So why would she take one when she just gave me one?"

Stefan shrugged "Maybe she just took it to annoy you" Damon shook his head not believing it. "What do you think happened Damon?" Stefan asked following his brother as he exited the room and started down the stairs

"I don't know" he said grabbing his phone from his pocket. "But I'm going to find out"

"Why do you care Damon, she's gone, maybe this is a good thing" Stefan said taking a seat tiredly in the living room.

"Something's not right, this note is crap" he said placing his phone to his ear and tossing the paper to the table.

"Hel..." the person on the phone was quickly cut off.

"Boarding house, now" Damon said strolling to his drink cabinet and opening it.

"Why?"

"Because we're having a tea party" Damon said sarcastically, as he bent down to look in his cabinet and sighed upon examining it "And bring a bottle of bourbon"

"Is this about Dalia?" he asked

"Yup" Damon said closing the cabinet "She's gone"

"Gone?"

"Yes gone, is everyone in this town deaf?" he asked getting impatient. "Just hurry on and get here Tyler"

"I'll be right over" Tyler nodded.

"Don't forget my bourbon" Damon warned him.