Chapter Twenty-Seven

After leaving her school bag tucked into her locker Dalia made her way out of the building. Her day had been pretty good, except for the fact people kept thinking she was Elena and she had to tell her lie over and over again. But at least she had told enough people now that the word was likely to spread enough that she wouldn't need to repeat herself much more. As she walked she purposely passed by the football field to see Tyler practicing, she watched him for a moment smirking before continuing on her way. She didn't feel like going to the Boarding House straight away, having not intended to go there as soon as she finished school since she'd told Damon not to pick her up. Instead she wanted to go to the Grill, her previous times there hadn't been the best but she was hoping this would be third time lucky. As she strolled her mind started to drift to the Mikaelsons and what they might be doing. She pictured Kol drinking, or tormenting someone whether that was Rebekah or some other unfortunate soul; Eljah she suspectde would be looking after everyone, perhaps reading if he had time to relax; Rebekah if she wasn't being annoyed by Kol maybe she would be out shopping. Then there was Klaus, Dalia didn't know what to think he might be doing, nothing sprung to mind... maybe that's exactly what he was doing, nothing. Huffing she ran her fingers through her hair and shook the thoughts from her hair as she saw the Grill in the distance. 

Crossing the road and towards the building she made her way inside and headed to the bar not bothering to look around at any of the other patrons. Reaching into her pocket to pull out her phone a voice caught her attention before she could start scrolling, "Elena?"
Exhaling lightly she prepared herself to tell the lie again. Looking up from her phone she saw a blonde haired, blue eyed boy behind the door. The guy seemed to examine her for a second before speaking again, "Dalia?" he said with a suspect smile as he pointed at her. 
Dalia furrowed her brows surprised he'd guessed who she was, "How'd you know?" she asked eying him. 
"I'm Matt" he smiled. "Tyler doesn't shut up about you" he chuckled. 
Dalia smirked and placed her phone down on the bar infront of her, "I hope he speaks good of me" 
"I'm his best friend, he tells me a lot of things" Matt grinned. 
"Well, it's nice to finally meet you Matt" she smiled politely.
"You're not as intimidating as Tyler said you were" he teased playfully. 
Dalia shook her head amused before resting her arms on the bar, "Well, are you going to get me a drink or not barman?" 
"What would you like?" he grinned. 
"White wine" she said reaching into her pocket once again, ready to grab money to pay. 
"On the house" Matt told her holding up his hand before grabbing a glass and starting to pour her a drink. 
A light smirk formed on her lips, "I see why Tyler likes you" she nodded. "I can tell we're going to be good friends if you keep giving me free booze" she winked playfully. 
Matt let out a chuckle as he placed the glass in front of her. "You know, I was bartending the night you and Tyler had your date here"
Dalia let out a huff at the mention of that night, "The three of them are thick as bricks"
"Tyler's always been like that" Matt grinned, "But it's nice to have another normal person aorund here, even if you are a doppelganger and spell..." he trailed off trying to recall the rest of the word. 
"Bound" she continued for him, "Spellbound, so never aging"
"So, are you like immortal?" he asked arching an eyebrow. 
"Oh no where near," she said shaking her head. "I can die from all the same things as you can, all except aging" she smiled smugly. "But spellbound and being a doppelganger aside, I'm still not normal"
"What do you mean?" Matt asked curiously. 
"Glad you asked" she grinned, glancing around and making sure no one was looking at them, she looked around him to the glasses and used her telekinesis to move one and place it on the bar. Matt looked at her wide eyed in surprised. "Pour yourself a glass Matt" she said proudly. 
Matt let out an amused breath and reached forward to grab the glass. Dalia reached out to touch his hand and used her psychometry on him. Matt knitted his brows looking at her as she moved hand off his. "Sorry about your sister" Though there wasn't a ton of sympathy in her voice. 
"How?" he asked tilting his head to the side. 
"I'm a traveler Matt, a cursed witch essentially" she shrugged. "But I've acquired external power sources"
"What else can you do?" Matt asked his eyes lighting up like a kid in a candy store.
The rest of Dalia's time in the Grill had been spent talking with Matt about what she could do, either with demonstrations or simply explaining it. She also shared some of her past with him, and he did the same. Dalia actually found herself enjoying the conversation with Matt and the time flew back. For once an encounter in the Grill had gone good for her, and for once Dalia met a human she could tolerate, though her standards hadn't been that high to begin with. Eventually Dalia decided she best be getting home and so she left the Grill and took her time to walk home. Finally getting into the house she glanced at the living room as she passed it on her way to the stairs. "Home, going to bed, yada yada" she said waving a goodnight to those in the living room as she started up the stairs. 
"Good to see you too" Damon called out playfully, not shifting his gaze from the bourbon he was pouring for himself. 
"Where were you?" Elena asked curiously turning on the couch to look at her doppelganger. 
"I made a new friend" she told slowly her ascend. 
"Who?" Elena and the Salvatore's asked in sync. 
"I believe Katherine called him, Matty blue eyes" she smirked. "And I can see why, they're beautiful" she nodded finally reaching the top of the stairs and heading to her room. 

After the day at school and the alcohol Dalia was definitely feeling tired and was looking forward to falling into bed. Just as she closed her bedroom door there was a knock on her balcony doors. The curtains were closed so all she could see was a shadow, though she raced towards the doors presuming it was Kol here for another visit. "Kol" she whispered happily as she reached the doors and slid her hand through the gap in the curtains to open the door. The smile on her face fell as she was faced with a Mikaelson, though not the one she had been expecting. 
"Hello love" the fair haired Mikaelson greeted with his charming British accent and smile. 
"What do you want Klaus?" she asked folding her arms across her chest. 
"C'mon Dalia" he smiled. "We're friends, don't pretend you're not the slightest bit happy to see me"
Dalia swallowed the lump in her throat and looked down, "We're not friends Klaus" she said shaking her head. "Not anymore"
"What do you mean love?" he questioned, the smile falling from his lips
"You and I, aren't friends, we're not even acquaintances" she scoffed, "I can't be around you if you're going to be the same old, angry Klaus" A sad look befell Klaus as he looked away from the doppelganger. "Goodbye Nik" Dalia said beginning to close the door. 
Quickly Klaus stuck out his foot to prevent the door closing as much as the magical barrier would allow. "Dalia"
"Move" she ordered meeting his gaze. 
"I came here for a reason" he objected, not wanting to have the door closed in his face. 
"I don't want to hear your reason" Dalia exhaled exasperatedly as she tried to push the door but he was too strong. 
"Dalia, you're not closing the door on me!" Klaus insisted, his anger rising. 
"I'm going to give you an aneurysm if you don't leave" she threaned angrily, she was tired and all she wanted to do was go to bed. "Why don't you just leave me alone? What do you want from me?"
"I don't want anything Dalia" he assured shaking his head. 
"What is it? More doppelganger blood? More blood for your precious hybrids?" she asked her agitation growing. "Fine!" she yelled moving from the door and over to her bed, she reached into the drawer and began shuffling around.
"No, I just want you to come back with me, we all miss you" he breathed. "I never meant to hurt you" he said placing his hand on his chest. "Please Dalia, all of us want you back" Dalia continued her shuffling in the drawers prompting Klaus to raise his voice. "Dalia, listen to me"
"Big bad hybrid doesn't like being ignore, is that it?" she asked tauntingly as she found the letter opener in the drawer and grabbed the empty glass that rested on the bedside table. 
"Dalia, what are you doing?" Klaus asked concerned as he looked at the letter opener in her hand. 
"Helping you out" she said storming back over to the door, she crouched down and placed the glass in front of her on the floor. "I'll give you my blood, I'll send it to you so you can make your hybrids and we won't have to see each other again!" she said before running the sharp letter opener across her palm and holding it over the glass. 
"Dalia" Klaus blurted trying to blur to her but he couldn't. The brunette hissed as she tensed her hand. "Let me in, let me heal you" Klaus said frantically as he watched her allow her blood to drip into the glass. 
"I'm fine" she insisted. "Just leave when I give you this" she swallowed. "I-I can't care about you after everything you've done"
"And yet you care about Kol?" he scoffed feeling hurt. "He was in the Grill too that night"
"Yes, but you were worse to Tyler. And you staked Kol, your own family, my best friend, th-there's so many things you've done and I just can't give a crap anymore" she huffed as shed clasped her hands together to stop the blood from dripping before she used her foot to push the glass out onto the balcony for him to take. 
"Please, just let me help you" he asked softly. 
"I don't need your help" she refused using her elbow to slam the door shut since her hands were clasped together. Klaus bent down to pick up the glass, sighing as he looked at it. Dalia winched at the pain in her hand before she started to heal it and let out a breath of relief feeling the pain slowly subsiding. Klaus remained on the balcony for a moment as he eyed the door, he raised his hand to knock but stopped himself. "Съжалявам Далия" (I'm sorry Dalia) he whispered before turning and blurring away.