Chapter Twenty-Six

Dalia's eyes slowly fluttered open as she woke from her slumber. The light was coming through her balcony glass doors having forgotten to pull the curtains the night before. Laying on her side, the blanket was pulled close to her chest. Slowly a smile formed on her lips as she looked over her shoulder and saw a sleeping Tyler. Turning so she was face to face with him she took in his features, chiseled yet soft. Smiling to herself once again she carefully moved as to not wake him while getting out of her side of the bed. She grabbed the decoration blanket that usually resided at the bottom of her bed and wrapped it around her naked frame before walking to her wardrobe. Grabbing an outfit from her wardrobe, and then her vervain jewelery and some makeup from her dresser she made her way to the bathroom. Looking at herself in the mirror she pushed back her messy hair from the night prior and smiled. Dropping the blanket to the floor she turned on the shower and hopped in. 

A tired Tyler slowly awoke and brought his hand up to rub his eyes. Moving his hand he still found himself squinting due to the brightness of the room, though he could see enough to realise Dalia wasn't beside him in the bed. Propping himself up on his elbows he looked around the room, sitting up slightly the sheet slipped down to his waist exposing his abs as his gaze drifted to the bathroom door upon hearing the handle being turned. Out from the bathroom walked Dalia, fully dressed with a towel in her hand as she ran it along her semi-dry hair. Seeing Tyler awake she smirked, "Hey there sleepy head"
"Hey" Tyler's sleepy voice replied as he smiled at her. "What time is it?"
"Uh" Dalia hummed as she reached the side of the bed and looked at her phone. "7:30" she told him before sitting on the bed. Tyler reached over and grabbed her arm, gently pulling her so her back was against his chest and he could wrap his arms around her. Dalia laughed lightly and rested on hands on his arms. "Come back to bed" he mumbled as he kissed her shoulder. 
"I can't Lockwood" she said patting her arm. 
"Why are you up so early anyway" he huffed throwing himself back on the bed. 
"Because it's Monday" she grinned as she got off the bed to face him and faced him, "We have school"
Tyler furrowed his brows and had a surprised look on his face, "You... are going to school again?"
Dalia shrugged, "Why not? I'm going to be living here and people need to see that you're taken now" she smirked. He chuckled and pushed himself to lean back against the bedframe. "Come on" she said possing her pillow at Tyler's face. "You need to go shower and get fresh clothes"
"Alright, alright" he chuckled moving the pillow from his chest. "Want me to pick you up?" he asked throwing his legs out the side of the bed and began to get dressed
"No, I'm fine" she told him as she bent down to slip on her runners. "I'll see you at school" she said walking passed the bed. She picked up the school bag she had left by the door before exiting the room and making her way downstairs leaving Tyler to get dressed and head out himself.

As she walked down the stairs a voice spoke to her, "Well hello" Dalia looked up to see Damon stood against the living room door frame. 
"Helloo" she replied, a slight lilt of confusion in her voice. 
"So," Damon began, walking towards her with his gaze flicking up the stairs as he spoke, "Where's Tyler?" Dalia narrowed her eyes at him playfully and folded her arms, her bag resting on her shoulder. "He never went home last night, and you never came back down, Bonnie and Caroline wanted to say goodbye" he teased with a smirk. 
"Shut up" she said rolling her eyes at him. 
Obviously Damon knew what had gone on and of course he couldn't just let it be, he had to joke around with her. "What's in the bag?" he asked, pointing to it. 
Dalia glanced at her bag strap and then to him again, "I'm going to school" she nodded. "And I'd like a ride, if that's okay with you?" she smiled. 
"Of course" he nodded, firstly wrapping his arm around her shoulder and beginning to lead her through the living room, "But eat first, you must be hungry after last night"
"Stop" she scolded him playfully slapping his chest before tossing her bag to the ground. 
"Fine, I'll stop" he huffed rolling his eyes at her. 
Hearing footsteps they both turned to look at the stairs, seeing Tyler as he jogged down, tugging on his jacket sleeves. 
"Hello" Damon greeted him with a quirked brow. 
"Hey" Tyler nodded, a slightly awkward expression on his face. 
"Have fun?" Damon asked with a smirk. 
"Damon" Dalia reprimanded him again, shooting him a glare.
Though Tyler smirked and nodded, "Oh yeah" Damon chuckled and Dalia shot her glare to Tyler instead. "Just telling the truth" Tyler said deviously as he shrugged and made his way out the door. 

Damon looked down to Dalia who was shaking her head at the two boys. "Not a word" she threatened pointing at him before walking to the kitchen. The vampire held his hands up in defense and followed her. 
"So, what do you want?" he asked, leaning his hands on the island once they'd reached the kitchen. Dalia looked at him with a raised brow, unimpressed by his previous actions. Damon smirked and walked around to the other side of the island where she stood. Dalia stayed quiet and looked away from him. "Dalia" he chuckled. Standing behind her he rested his chin on her shoulder. "If you don't want food get your bag and I'll drive you"
Dalia smirked and leaned her head against his, "I think that would be better" she agreed before spinning to face him and pecking his cheek. 
"I'll get my jacket" he told her squeezing her cheek playfully like a child before she swatted his hand away. Damon left to get his jacket and Dalia headed to the living room where she had dumped her bag. 
"Hey" Stefan said as he made his way into the hall. 
"Hi" she smiled looking up at him as she grabbed her bag. 
"You going to school?" he asked curiously, gesturing towards the bag. Dalia nodded and Stefan smiled happily before Damon's voice could be heard. 
"Let's go sweetheart before my broth..." he trailed off as he jogged down the steps and saw Stefan standing there. 
Stefan turned to look at his brother, a fake innocent expression on his face. "Where you saying something?" he grinned. 
"Nope" Damon shrugged popping the 'p' as he hopped down the last step and strolled to the front door. "Let's go" he told Dalia, nodding his head to the side. 
"You coming Stefan?" she asked walking towards him and to Damon. 
"I'm sure he's fine" Damon smirked. 
"Actually, I would like to go with you" he grinned at his brother. "Just let me grab my bad" he smiled before heading up the stairs. Dalia turned to face Damon, a smirk on his lips causing him to narrow his eyes on at her. 
"What?" she asked a fake clueless pout dancing on her lips. 
He wrapped his arm around her neck, putting her into a headlock as he spoke, "Nothing sweetheart" he playfully assured her as he patted her head. Dalia let out a surprised laugh and grabbed his arm but was unable to break his grip. 
"Am I interrupting?" Stefan chuckled, making both Damon and Dalia look over at him. 
"Not at all brother" Damon grinned still holding Dalia in place. "Let's go" he said opening the door with his free hand and beginning to head out, Dalia still stuck in place. Stefan shook his head amused and followed behind. 
"You're such an ass" Dalia chirped pulling on Damon's arm until he eventually let her go as they reached the car. 
Damon opened the door for her and winked before getting in the driver's seat with Stefan already buckled in the passenger's side. 

Pulling into the school parking lot Damon had the roof of his car down since the sun was beating down over Mystic today. Just as he cut the engine Caroline's voice could be heard, "Stefan" she called waving at the car, she was stood with Elena and Bonnie. "Come here, we need you" she said. Stefan said thanks to Damon before getting out of the car and walking over to them. Dalia exhaled lightly and sat on the tops of the bag seats, her arms dangling between her legs as she leaned forward slightly. 
Damon turned in his seat to face her, before speaking, "Why are you doing this?"
"Doing what? School?" she asked, to which he nodded. "I like it okay?" she shrugged grabbing her bag from the seats. 
Damon looked at her shocked, "You actually enjoy school?"
"I happen to be really good at it" she smirked, swinging her legs over the door of the car and hopping out. "You don't need to pick me up" she told him, slinging her bag over her shoulder. 
"Why not?" he asked, raising a brow. 
"You're too nosey Mr. Salvatore. Curiosity killed the cat you know" she smirked before leaving the car and heading towards the school. 
"Don't miss me too much sweetheart" Damon called as he started up his car again. Getting into the school Dalia asked a random girl where Caroline's locker was and thankfully made her way there before the blonde had headed off to class. 
"Caroline" she called to grab her attention. "I need a hand, if you're up for it?" she asked, the two had apologised the last night and managed to converse without going at each other's throats so she hoped the blonde would be willing to lend a hand. 
"What's up?" Caroline asked as she shut her locker. 
"I need you to do some compelling for me, no bad intentions, I promise" she assured her holding her hands up, Caroline nodded skeptically. 
A few minutes later Dalia was making her way to the random locker she'd claimed as her own the first time she'd come to the school. Not recalling the code she'd used she huffed and looked around before using her telekinesis to open the lock, a sly grin on her lips. 
"Locker theif" Tyler whispered as he placed his hands on her waist. 
Dalia glanced over her shoulder at him and smirked, "It's mine... kind of" she answered, turning to face him. Both shared a grin before leaning in and kissing. 
"Elena?!" a shocked voice exclaimed. 
The couple broke from their kiss and turned to see a dark-haired girl approaching. "April, um" Tyler began, "This is Dalia" he said nodding to her. 
April looked between the two of them confused. Dalia pursed her lips and moved out of Tyler's arms. "I know you're probably extremely confused, but, I'm Elena's twin, I was put up for adoption when we were born" she lied smoothly. "I just recently reconnected with my biological family and decided to stay in town" she nodded putting on a sweet smile. 
"Oh" April started, "Well it's nice to meet you Dalia" she smiled, before heading off back down the hall. 
Dalia blew out a puff of air and turned to Tyler who was looking at her with furrowed brows. "What? I was coming into a town where I knew my doppelganger would be, do you think I'd come without a lie prepared?" she smirked with a quirked brow ."I also got Caroline to compel the principal and secretary. Got me into the system without needing past school records"
"Impressive" Tyler chuckled playfully before placing his hand on her cheek, "Now, where were we?" he grinned leaning in again. 
"Heading to class" she winked quickly walking around him. Tyler threw his head back and huffed before catching up with her.