Chapter Twenty-Nine

Dalia's eyes slowly began to open, and she realised she could hear buzzing. Without even opening her eyes she reached under her pillow to grab her phone, switching off the buzzing that was her alarm. Letting out a groan she decided to push herself up out of bed, instead of falling back asleep; though that would've been very easy for her. Remaining in the joggers and top she'd slept it, she brushed her hair and teeth before heading downstairs. Halfway down the stairs, she paused. Sniffing the air once or twice as a scent filled it, before continuing on route to the kitchen. Damon and Stefan came into view as she made her way over and she smiled seeing them.
"You're doing it wrong." Damon sang, his gaze fixed on what he was doing. 
Stefan looked at Damon with pensive brows, "What?"
"You're doing it wrong." the elder brother repeated, slowly looking up at his brother. "Here," he started as he took a step towards Stefan. 
"Hey, you stay at your station, I'll stay at mine." Stefan playfully scolded. 
"My station?" Damon asked with a smirk as he stepped back.
Dalia's smile grew at the playful bickering as she entered the kitchen. "What're you guys doing?"
Both boys glanced up at her, Damon gave his signature smirk, Stefan, his usual sweet, small smile, and  "Decided to make breakfast for everyone." 
"And what's he doing wrong?" Dalia asked Damon playfully, strolling further into the kitchen, her arms folded across her chest.
"Everything." Damon smirked.
Stefan threw his brother a little glare before Dalia spoke again, "What're you making?"
"Pancakes." Damon grinned wide-eyed. 
"Want any help?"
"Nope, we have stations" he said in a teasing voice.
Stefan shook his head, his smile clear on his lips. "Have a seat at the table, it should be done soon." he told her. 
Nodding, Dalia spun on her heels and moved from the boys towards the table. Just as she took a seat both Gilberts entered the room, prompting a swap of greetings. 
"What're they doing?" Jeremy asked as a took a seat opposite Dalia. 
"Making breakfast." she answered with playful wide eyes. 
Hearing a clap of hands, Dalia looked over her shoulder. "And it's done." Damon grinned. 
Elena took her seat next to Jeremy as Damon brought the two Gilbert's their food, Stefan then brought over his and Damon's, with Damon bringing Dalia hers last. As the plate was set in front of her she smiled at the sight of the pancakes; Damon having made them look like vampires. "Thanks."
"No problem." he replied, giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze before sitting next to her before everyone dug in. 

Meanwhile at the Mikaelsons

Kol let out a groan as he walked down the stairs, having been awoken by a loud noise that echoed through the house. "Rebekah." he yelled as he reached the end of the stairs. 
The blonde walked from the living room, arms folding across her chest as she leaned on the doorframe. "What?" she asked boredly. 
"What was that?" Kol asked, in regards to the loud noise. 
"I suspect Klaus." she answered with a heavy sigh before turning to walk away again. 
"Where is he?"
"Where do you think?" she replied rhetorically as she disappeared from view. 
Kol pursed his lips and went off in a blur to the study where Klaus resided. He raised his hand, knocking on the door before letting himself in. Klaus was moving empty canvas's around the room as Kol spoke, "What was that?"
Klaus took a moment before deciding to respond. "Canvas'" 
"What?"
Pausing his actions for a second he looked at Kol, "You asked what that was... it was canvas'" he explained before continuing his rearranging. "They fell, now I'm repositioning them." Nodding Kol removed his hands from his pockets and began to help his brother. Although Klaus let no emotion show, he was thankful for his brother's assistance. The silence was broken when the elder brother spoke again, "I have a job for you."
"And what would that be?" Kol asked, placing down the last canvas. 
Klaus's gaze dropped. "I need you to go see Dalia." Swallowing he turned and walked towards a canvas resting on an easel. "Bring her this. Don't look at it, give it directly to her... I'll tell you when to come and get it later."
A small smile tugged at the edges of Kol's lips as he nodded. "Of course Nik." Hands found their way to his pockets again as he began to leave the study. "I'll bring you something to drink later Picasso."