Chapter Twenty-Two

Dalia had spent most of her day hanging out with the Salvatores, Gilberts, and Tyler in the boarding house, though as it drew closer to the time for her date, she headed upstairs to shower while Tyler also headed home to get ready. After her shower Dalia let her hair dry naturally, doing this resulted in natural waves forming, it wasn't as curly as Katherine's, nor was it as straight as Elena's, it was a middle point between the two, her natural structure. Next was clothing and so she picked out a nice, but casual dress, and while she looked at herself in the mirror there was a knock before someone opened her door. Looking over her shoulder she saw Damon.
"Dalia where-" he trailed off as he caught sight of the doppelganger. "Woah" he said wide-eyed, causing Dalia to smile and rolled her eyes.
"What do you need Damon?" she asked as she walked to the end of her bed to slip on her shoes.
"Nevermind me, where are you going?" he smirked as he walked towards her.
"The Grill" she answered, glancing at him for a moment before focusing back on her shoes.
"The Grill?" he repeated questioningly. "Wearing that?" Damon thought she was dressed too nice to be going to the place he could call his second home.
Fixing on her last shoe she stood up facing the Salvatore. "I'm going with Tyler"
"Ah, that it explains it" Damon smirked cheekily. "Shut up" she rebutted glaring playfully at him before walking past him.
Grabbing her arm gently he turned Dalia to face him, pausing for a moment playfully before he smiled, "Have fun"

Relaxing her posture Dalia nodded, "My favourite Salvatore" she teased in a whisper as she patted his shoulder with her free hand.
"Of course" he smiled releasing his grip before he turned his head catching something with his heightened hearing. "Someone's here" he sang playfully before blurring way.
Huffing amused Dalia called out to him, "Damon". Grabbing her jacket she quickly walked out of her room and down the stairs, just as she reached the bottom of the staircase Damon was stood at the door with Tyler just outside, though the door was open enough for Tyler to see Dalia approaching and he was amazed. Standing next to Damon she rested her elbow on his shoulder and looked Tyler up and down. "Well you clean up nicely" she teased.
Tyler chuckled lightly and nodded, before asked. "You ready to go?"
"Yup" she said popping the p as she stepped out of the house.
"I want her back by 10" Damon teased, causing Dalia to smirk at him before he closed the door and she and Tyler made their way to his car. Tyler stepped ahead to open the door for her before getting into the driver's side and heading off.
"You look amazing" Tyler complimented her as he kept his attention on the road.
"I know" she replied, feigning cockiness. Tyler glanced at her and a small, breathy chuckle escaped his lips causing Dalia to arch an eyebrow at him. "What?"
"You're still acting sarcastic"
"I am sarcastic Ty, no acting about it" she grinned.
"Yeah" he said bobbing his head side to side. "But, you can be nice and genuine" he pointed out.
Dalia knew what he meant she was being her sarcastic, cocky self, not taking compliments genuinely, still having up a guard about her. "I just want the real Dalia" he smiled at her.
Exhaling softly she dropped her gaze as she gave a not. "Fine... but just because I like you" she admitted, and seeing the smirk forming from the corner of her eye she slumped down in her seat and folded her arms. "Just drive pretty boy" she added. Though as Tyler raised a brow at her she pursed her lips and glanced out the window. "You like handsome" she admitted.

Pulling up outside the Grill they both were quick to head inside. There were a few people at the bar, some more at tables and others playing pool, though the pair headed for a booth and sat down beginning to talk with Dalia trying to maintain being genuine and not falling back into her sarcastic ways that she was so used to being at her forefront for all these years.
"C'mon on brother, stop moping, just a few drinks" Kol said as they walked up to the door of the Grill.
Hands tucked into his pockets Klaus dragged his feet as he walked behind Kol. "I'm not moping, I'm taking my time"
Kol rolled his eyes at his brother before opening the door. "I know our previous encounters here haven't been the best...."
Klaus furrowed his brows and leaned his head forward, "And?" he asked, expecting Kol to continue.
"Nothing, just stating a fact" Kol smirked with a shrug.
Klaus couldn't help but grin. "You are an idiot" he muttered joking as he walked inside.
"Don't say that Nik, it hurts my feelings" Kol retorted playfully holding his hand over his heart as he followed inside. Standing by Klaus's side he noticed he was staring. "What is it?" he asked before following his brother's gaze, his eyes landing on the sight of Tyler and Dalia sitting across from each other and chatting. Without even communicating it the two brothers made their way over to the booth. "Dalia" Kol greeted as he and Klaus approached.
Dalia broke her gaze from Tyler and smiled excitedly seeing her friend. "Kol" she beamed, standing up to pull him into a hug. "I've missed you"
"Then come back with us and you won't have to miss me anymore" Kol pointed out as they pulled from the hug. D
alia's smile fell as she took her head.
"Dalia, I will not lay a finger on you again" Klaus promised, as he stared at the doppelganger with soft eyes.
"Yeah right" Tyler scoffed under his breath causing Klaus to instantly turn his attention to him.
"This is none of your concern"
"Actually," Tyler said standing up from his seat. "It is. Now, why don't you and your brother just leave, okay?"
Klaus's jaw clenched as he raised his head slightly so that he was looking down at Tyler intimidatingly. "I will give you one chance to sit back down"
Tyler was quick to counter him with a step forward, "Or what?"
Kol quickly stood by his brother's side and looked at the non-Original hybrid. "Lockwood, us Mikaelson's aren't known for having the best temper, so I'd advise you sit"
"Guys don't" Dalia huffed as she stood up, noticing the looks they were getting from a few of the others in the bar, though all three guys ignored her and continued their little spat.
"She doesn't want to go with you Klaus, so why don't you just leave her alone" Tyler said, before pushing Klaus back, a bad move as in one swift movement Klaus retaliated.
Hastily Dalia closed her eyes and muttered a spell, the bar patron's shocked faces and whispers freezing in time, though it wouldn't last long. Tyler and Klaus were still fighting using their heightened speed and strength before Kol got involved and pulled Tyler from his brother, throwing him onto the floor.
"Klaus stop it" Dalia tried to urge as she strutted over to them, though Klaus pushed her aside still filled with anger and moved to Tyler picking him up by his collar. None of them had noticed that Klaus's push had floored Dalia and she hit her head on the way down. "Ow" she hissed holding her head as she slowly sat up. Getting to her feet she felt her ankle was sore when she put pressure onto it and tried to avoid doing so. Scrunching her nose angrily she glared daggers before she started to give all the boys aneurysm causing Klaus to let Tyler go as all three grabbed their head in pain.
Dalia stopped and soon their attention was back on her with Klaus coming to realise he had shoved her he took a step in her direction. "I'm so sorry"
"Don't" she yelled pointing at him.
"Dalia, you're bleeding" Kol informed her, his voice light and accompanied by a somber look.
Touching her hand to the back of her head she felt that it was wet, and upon looking at her hand she saw the blood, obviously, Kol had smelt it. Huffing annoyed she glanced around the room at everyone that was still frozen and the slight destruction the fight had caused before she swallowed the lump in her throat. "I'm done with you!" she said defeatedly as her eye's met Klaus'. "I'm staying in Mystic Falls. I'll give you my blood for your hybrids, but other than that, you and I have no business together" she said dejected and annoyed before beginning to leave though she was limping due to her ankle. Tyler turned to walk with her and attempted to take hold of her hand though she was quick to pull it away and turn to look at them again. "I'm going to unfreeze these people, then all of you will compel them to forget the fight" she stated, looking at each of them individually before finally leaving the Grill. Standing outside she muttered a spell again before grabbing her phone from her pocket.

To : Damon xx ;)
From : Dalia
Can you pick me up? Something happened.

She sighed and leaned her head back against the wall and flinched before she felt a breeze. A slight smile appearing on her lips."Hi" she said her voice strained as her eyes met Damon's.
Damon looked at her with a worried expression, "What happened?"
She bit her lip irritated "Kol and Klaus came in and of course they all started to fight. My head is bleeding and I'm pretty sure I sprained my ankle. I have the three idiots compelling everyone inside to forget what they saw" she said folding her arms.
Damon huffed and shook his head, "Come on I'll take you home" he said holding out his arm.
She limped to his side as he wrapped his arm around her. In the blink of an eye they were in the living room of the boarding house.
"I must admit that's one of the best things you can do" she smiled. He rolled his eyes playfully and sat her on the couch. He sat next to her and rolled up the sleeve on his black dress shirt, biting his wrist, and held it up to her. "No, I can heal myself, they're small injuries" she tried to assure him.
Damon huffed, "Dalia, just drink it"
Knowing that she was already pretty drained from doing a spell, and from her injuries she decided to give in and took his wrist, brought it to her mouth drinking a small amount, then letting go.
Damon smirked lightly, "Now, all better" he teased patting her knee as he stood up walking to the drink cabinet.
"Thank you Damon" she said softly looking at him.
He looked over his shoulder and rose an eyebrow, then smiled genuinely "You're welcome" he said sweetly before turning back to the cabinet.
Dalia got up and walked over to him
"Damon" she said
"Hmm" he hummed as he poured himself a glass of bourbon.
"Damon" she repeated placing her hand on his shoulder. He turned and looked at her as she gently pulled him into a hug "Really, thank you" she breathed.
He was slightly surprised at her actions, though wrapped his arms around her, embracing her back "Really, you're welcome" he smiled, resting his chin on her head.
---------------------------------------------
Aww, besties xD
Let me know your thoughts on the story so far guys!