Chapter Twenty-Four

Dalia made her way down the stairs with Tyler, they were holding hands with their fingers interlocked. Both had smiles on their faces as they reached the last step and made their way towards the living room threshold. Sitting there was Damon, Stefan, and Elena. Damon looked over his shoulder and saw them both. He smirked lightly as his eyes flickered to their hands."Well, well what do we have here?" he smirked teasingly.
"Shut up Damon" Dalia grinned.
Tyler grinned before looking at his watch on his free hand, "Hey I gotta go" he said looking at Dalia.
"I'll walk you out" she beamed before they began to walk to the door, still hand in hand.
"I promised Matt I'd go to the gym with him" Tyler elaborated as he closed the door behind them.
"Oh the gym" Dalia smirked as she placed her finger on his chest. Tyler chuckled at the doppelganger before suddenly she grabbed his collar to pull him close before kissing him. "Come by later?" she asked after pulling from the kiss and resting her forehead on his.
"Gladly" he grinned as he opened his eyes.
Smirking at his words Dalia let his collar go, and Tyler leaned in to peck her cheek before stepping around her. "I'll see you later" he smiled. 

Dalia bid him farewell before he disappeared in a blur and she stepped back inside where she was instantly met with Damon's face. "God Damon" she said startled, placing her hand on her chest. "You're an ass"
"Thank you" he grinned sarcastically.
"Don't you have somewhere to be... bothering someone, less me?" she teased playfully as she folded her arms over her chest.
"You know you love me" he smirked.
"True" she nodded "And you love me too" Damon could help but smile, yet stayed silent. "Don't worry, I won't make you say it" she chuckled "Do you have anything to drink?"
"Come on," he said putting his arm around her shoulder as they walked to the drinks cabinet. "What you want?" he asked looking at her.
"Have any gin?" she asked quirking a brow.
 "Uh, duh" Damon smirked as he grabbed two glasses and filled them before handing one to her.
 "Thanks" she smiled before taking a sip. Damon nodded as a your welcome before Dalia spoke again, "Where's Elena?"
"Out back with Baby Gilbert"
Dalia grinned lightly as she tilted her head to the side. "What's my nickname? You seem to have one for everyone except me"
Damon narrowed his eyes, "I don't know" he answered having not really thought to give her one and one not really springing to mind.
"Well I have one for you" she smirked taking another sip of her drink.
"And what is that?" Damon asked swirling his glass. "
My Sexy Salvatore of course" she teased with a wink. Dalia have a sideways smirk and shook his head amused at her.
"Then what am I?" a voice asked, looking from the blue-eyed man she saw Stefan.
Taking the last sip of her drink she placed it down before walking over to him, "You're my Sweet Salvatore" she smiled up at him.
"Well thank you" he chuckled amused.
"No, thank you" she teased poking his chest before walking past him to head to her room. Hearing both brother chuckle as she walked up the stairs Dalia smiled to herself. Getting to her room she closed the door and was just about to head towards her bed when she all of a sudden heard a thumb that stopped her in her tracks. Narrowing her eyes she looked to her balcony doors suspiciously and slowly began to creep towards them. As she was tip-toeing over there was a knock that caused her to jump. 

"Dalia" a voice whispered, one the brunette recognised.
"Kol?" she whispered back confused as she hurried her pace to the doors, moving the curtain she saw Kol standing there with his hands tucked into his pockets.
"Hello darling" he grinned nonchalantly.
Looking at him befuddled she quickly unlocked the doors and opened one, "What're you doing here?"
"You're my best friend Dalia, can't I drop by to see my best friend?" he asked rhetorically with a smile. "Could you invite me in? It's rather chilly out here?" he asked with a devilish smirk as he rubbed his hands together, though he was only asking playfully.
"You know I can't do that Kol" she said shaking her head.
"Fine, then step outside so we can talk" he nodded before turning around and making his way to the railing of the balcony.
Exhaling lightly Dalia walked outside and over to where Kol stood. She placed her hands on the railing to support herself as she looked out at the view, "Before you say anything..." she started as they both turned to look at each other, "I'm not going back with you"
Kol let out a large sigh as he turned his attention away from her again. "Dalia, I'm closer to you than any of these morons" he said slightly frustrated.
"Don't call them that Kol, they're my friends" she scolded him. Although he didn't like them, the residents of Mystic Falls had become friends to Dalia, she had connections with them and the Originals despite the distaste both parties shared for the other.
"Oh please" Kol scoffed as he rolled his eyes. "You think they could protect you as much as I or my brother could?"
"Why is everyone trying to protect me?" Dalia asked annoyed. "I don't need to be protected by anyone. I'm a Petrova, it's in my blood to survive. My ancestry has outwitted yours before" she said before pursing her lips annoyed.
"Dalia" Kol said softly as he turned to face her, "Dalia" he repeated placing his hand on her arm finally causing her to look at him. "You don't need to be protected, you're right. But Nik and I can make sure no harm will ever come to you. We just want you back.
"In case you forgot, Nik already did harm me, and more than once" she reminded him. He had cut her hand for her doppelganger blood, and hurt her, although accidentally during the scuff in the Grill.
"But have I?" he questioned with a raised brow. Dalia exhaled and shook her head in response. Before Kol could speak again he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. Moving his hand from Dalia he dug out his phone. "It's a message from Nik" he told her as he read over it. "I need to get back, we're leaving"
"Leaving? Now?" she asked with soft eyes as she looked at him. Kol nodded as he placed his phone back.
"Last chance to come with me" he smiled holding out his hand to you.
"Don't you mean you and Klaus?" she teased.
The original smirked and shrugged, "Maybe, maybe not. Come and find out"
Dalia slowly looked between Kol's hand and his gaze before giving a weak headshake. "I can't. I-I'm with Tyler, a-and I live here now"
Taking a deep breath Kol took a step towards Dalia and pulled her into a hug, Dalia was quick to embrace him back tightly. "When you realise you belong with us, we'll be at the same house, and you have our numbers" he whispered as he held her tightly. "Call me anytime and I'll be here, no matter what" he breathed.
Despite feeling somewhat sad Dalia managed a smile. "Моите любими Mikaelson. Завинаги и винаги" (My favourite Mikaelson. Forever and always)
"Завинаги и винаги Генчев" (Forever and always Dalia) he whispered back.