Read

enjoy.

Violet's POV

I woke up the next day feeling much better than any other in this place. Although no light was shining through and I was still practically on the ground, I knew that Asshole was no longer being an asshole towards me. I haven't heard a single disrespectful, sexist ting come out of his mouth in a few days.

I laid in the same spot for a while before deciding it'd be a good idea to get up.

I internally groaned as I swung my legs over the cot and huddled underneath the warm blanket as I pushed off the ground and landed on my feet. Taking a deep breath I slowly slid my feet across the floor, taking me over to the window and pushing away the curtain. It was light outside but still a bit cloudy, the birds were still singing, and I could practically feel the warmth coming in from outside, begging to be released into the cold of the room.

I closed my eyes listening intently until I heard a faint whistle coming from down the hall. I wasn't in the mood for any lyrics to be screamed at me, so I sat on the floor and played with my hands.

I could see his silhouette outside the door, staring down at me through the peep hole as I played with the edge of the blanket.

"I know that you were staring outside, watching the birds. Is my singing to you, beautiful, really that bad?" He says slowly, chuckling a bit with his last sentence.

"It's pretty bad." I admitted, not looking up from the ground.

"Are you ready?" He asked

"For what exactly? My release?" I said more harshly than I had meant for it to come out.

"You know, you should be happy your face makes up for that constant attitude." He remarks, smirk falling into a frown. I looked up at him and faked a little smile.

"Gee, thanks. It's not like I have any right to be a little rude here? You know, you didn't kidnap me and torture me and keep me here against my will. Not at all." I sarcastically said back to him, getting up form where I was sitting and walking angrily over to the door.

"No, you don't. I have done nothing but make your fucking life here easier than it should be." He says back, pulling open the door.

"You know what, screw off. I shouldn't even be here." I rolled my eyes, turning around to go and pick up my blanket off the floor and sit down. Instead, he grabbed my hand and pulled me back into him, crashing his lips into mine. It took my body a minute to register what was going on until I pushed him back off of me, leaving him there stunned for a second until what I did registered.

I walked out of the room, finding the one I was in yesterday, just as it was last time I had seen it. There was only one difference from yesterday, there was bread already out on the small table and the clouds were slowly rolling in across the sky, and yet the sun was still full and bright.

The stack of books had grown even larger and To Kill A Mockingbird sat right on top of the chair I was in yesterday, except this time the chair had another right next to it.

"I, uh, thought we could read together." I turned and watched him turn his head from the ground to me, the corners of his lips were starting to turn up.

"Okay." I say, walking over to the chair and picking up the book, staring at it for a while.

"D-do you have a book in mind that is good for me love?" He asks, the nicknames starting again.

"This one is good." I say holding up a copy of Great Expectations.

"You're kidding right?" He asks, taking the thick book in his hands and flipping through the pages quickly. "Where are the pictures and shit?" I laughed quietly at his remarked and took the book out of his hand and pulling out a random small book from the stack and putting it in his hands.

"There you go."

"But why is your book bigger than mine?" He complains, turning into the first page.

"I don't know. Just, read."

I know it wasn't the best, sorry. This was supposed to be up on Friday but my computer was being difficult and I had to leave.

I love you all, as I tell you every time, and will continue to tell you with each update that you read.

You already know the social media; normalsxboring

I will talk to you guys next Friday.
Don't forget to follow, comment, and share.

J.