Chapter 12: Missing

Riley's POV

I start my car and drive to the studio. Once I arrive I see James talking to Beth. Before he sees me, I sprint down behind the office doors and listen to what they're saying.

"Beth, I don't want to go out with you, just leave me alone!"

"But baby I miss you" she wrapped her arms around James.

"No!! Go away!" He pushed her off.

"Why don't you like me??"

"Because!! I like someone else"

"And who??"

"Riley"

"I knew it!! I'm going to get that girl!!" I stopped her from storming out.

"No! If you hurt Riley, you don't know what I'm going to do to you"

She thought for a second. "FINE!" She ran out.

I casually walked to James. "What was that all about?"

"It's nothing, don't even worry about" he wrapped his arms around me and we walked to squeezed. Once we got there we both sat down.

"So, I've been thinking, all this hand-holding and hugging is kind of confusing. I mean, are we suddenly a couple?"

"Well I don't know." We stayed silent for a second.

"How about I take you out on a date? Today at 6:00 I'll be at your house and we can go out for dinner" he smiled.

I thought for a second and nodded. He took my hand and after we finished our drinks we walked back to the studio.

"Ok everyone you can all go back home today because they're doing some renovations downstairs and it will be very noisy so you guys got a day off" Michelle instructed. Everyone agreed and we went home. I have to get ready for my date tonight with James.

"Hmm lets see, blue sundress with a brown leather belt or creme coloured strapless dress with a small heart necklace." I said while digging through my closet.

"Definitely creme coloured dress" I said while putting it on. I did my makeup and my hair. By the time I was I finished it was 6:00. I wait for James for an hour but he still didn't come. I sat on the couch and my mom came and sat beside me.

"Don't worry honey, I'm sure he will be here soon. He's probably stuck in traffic"

"Mom, he lives 5 minutes away, there is no traffic." Tears filled up in my eyes. Where could he be? He stood me up! I can't believe I actually fell for him.

Suddenly my phone rang. It was Michelle.

"Hello?"

"Hey Riley"

"Hey"

"What's wrong? Are you crying?"

"James stood me up. I've been waiting for an hour!! He won't pick up his phone and he's still not here"

"Oh ya, um, that's what I wanted to talk to you about."

I heard the police siren in the background.

"What's that noise??"

"It's the police"

"What?? Why are the police there?"

"Because...well..."

"Because what Michelle?"

She sighed.

"James is missing"