Chapter 14: Where Is He?

James' POV

"Hello??" I yelled while looking for someone in the forest.

"Is anyone here??" I kept yelling but there was no use. I was lost.

Riley's POV

"Ring....ring..." I waited for Michelle to pick up her phone.

"Hello?"

"Michelle! We need to find out where James went and how we can get him back!"

"I know, meet me at my house in 5 minutes"

"Ok, cya" I hung up.

I was already dressed so I just put my shoes on and drove to Michelle's house. Once I got there I knocked on the door, but it was already open.

"Michelle I'm here" I yelled looking around for her. Then I saw her coming down the stairs.

"Come up to my room" she dragged my upstairs to her room and we both sat down on her desk.

"So, any news on James?" I asked.

"No.. But I think I know where he is..."

"Really?? Where?"

"Well, since he literally disappeared out of thin air, I figured the only place that could possibly take him is that place you and James were in earlier, you know, the place with the portal"

"Your right....." I faded my voice.

"But why would the portal even take him? He didn't do anything wrong..." She said while turning on her computer.

"Yeah it's weird..."

"I mean, the only possible reason that he portal took him was because a dinars our scratch...but he never got scratched by a dinosaur right?"

"Wait...what do you mean? What happens if he did??"

"Well, every living thing there has a venom inside of it that keeps them attached to that world. If someone gets scratched by a dinosaur, the venom goes inside of them and they get attached there with no way out."

"WHAT?! Michelle! James got scratched by a dinosaur!! Does that mean he's going to stay there forever?!" I yelled while standing up.

"He did?! Oh no.... I'm sorry but, he will stay there forever" he frowned.

I stood there. Shocked. No words. Nothing but a few tears. I can't believe it. I thought we could get him back. But we can't. Not this time. He's going to be stuck there forever. I'm never going to see him again.

"No no no....there has to be a way!"

"There isn't, I'm sorry Riley." I slowly nodded.

"I-I have to go" I ran out of her house and wiped my tears away. I left my car there and ran to my house. I shut the door in my room and sinked my face into my pillow. How am I supposed to go on without James?