Chapter 18: Something's Chasing Me

Michelle's POV

"Michelle!! It's been an hour!! Where's riley??" Emily yelled while opening the bedroom door.

"She's.....uhhhh....well um..." Suddenly my phone beeped.

"Oh look I'm getting a phone call! Hehehe" I said awkwardly trying to change the subject. I picked up my phone only to see Eldon was calling me. I picked up the phone.

E-"Hey Michelle, I was wondering if you wanna hang out right now"

M-"Sorry today I'm-" before I could continue, I immediately had an idea.

M-"Totally not busy!"

E-"Great! Where should we go?"

M-"Im at Riley's house, why don't you come over?"

E-"Sure, as long as Riley's ok it's it"

M-"Oh she's not home but Emily's ok with it!" I could see her lift an eyebrow at me.

E-"Oh right...Emily's there....well I'll be there in 10 minutes!"

M-"ok, bye"

E-"bye" I hung up.

"Who was that?? And what am I 'ok with'??" Emily snapped.

"You'll see" I smirked. Having Eldon over is a perfect idea. It'll keep Emily distracted from Riley. Plus, I kinda like him...

After me and Emily argued about dance and whatnot for awhile, I finally heard the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it!" I beamed. Emily and I ran downstairs. She was desperate to see who it was.

I quickly opened the door. Emily's eyes widened when she saw Eldon.

"Hey Eldon!" I said while letting him inside. He smiled and hung up his jacket. Emily quickly ran back upstairs when Eldon was about to turn to her.

"Emily wait!" Eldon yelled while chasing her. I thought he was here to see me....wait! I can't forget the plan. So I just decided to let them be. It'll be hard but, I can't let Emily find out where Riley is.

After watching TV on the couch for half an hour, I decided to check up on Emily and Eldon, just to see what they've been doing for the last 30 minutes.

As I walked upstairs, I didn't hear a thing. But I knew they were in Emily's room. What are they doing? Are they even there anymore? I'm a little nervous to find out.

I slowly and silently opened the door. I took one glimpse inside, and I saw Emily and Eldon making out in the middle of the room.

James' POV

Riley's in there. She's TRAPPED in there. It's all my fault....I should have gripped on to her hand harder, so our hands couldn't break apart. I could hear very quiet echoes of my name coming from the cave, but I could barely hear it. I have to find a way to get her out of there, and fast. She can't survive in there forever.

Riley's POV

I kept calling James' name, but I couldn't hear his reply. The last thing I heard was "Hang in there Riles, I'll get you out no matter what". I hope so.

The cave was so dark, but I could still see the path. It wasn't very long, I could see the end which was a little puddle. I looked down at my bleeding hand and held it in my other hand trying to ignore the pain. I slowly walked down the path, trying to looking for a hole of some sort to escape. Suddenly I left something on my arm. I started a bit but slapped it away. I couldn't see what I was. But then I left it on my neck. I couldn't get it off. I tried spinning around but it didn't work. I felt a sudden pain on my neck, and when I turned around, I saw a bunch of little things coming towards me. Once I made out what they were, my eyes widened in fright and I starting running.

______________

Hey guys!! Monday surprise update! I'm supposed to update Tuesday but I decided to today! So, what do you think was chasing Riley? Comment what you think it is and whoever gets it right first will get a huge shout out in my next chapter and a shout out on instagram! (If you have one!)