Chapter 1: A Wish Of The Soul

~Your POV~

Run.

Was the only word that went through my mind as I sprinted up the hill towards my house. My bullies close behind.

"You can't run forever!" Jason, the leader of the gang yelled. I could tell he was getting tired.

Perfect.

I quickened my pace, to scared to stop and find out the consequences. I eventually saw the roof of my house.

Finally!

I staggered up the rest the way, knowing I had a good distance between me, Jason, Conner and Nakisa.

I slammed open the front door, clambered inside, and locked it afterwards. I slid down the doorframe and heaved a huge sigh.

"I made it," I mumbled, now climbing the stairs to my room.

Once I entered my room, I set my backpack on the ground, flipped off my shoes, and flumped onto my bed.'When will life end?' I glanced over at a pair of scissors sitting on my dresser. 'Maybe I could end it myself... No more pain, no more sorrow... But also, no more Soul Eater,'

I looked around my room to see the many posters, drawings, figurines and Manga basically taking up 3/4's of my room.

Soul Eater is my favorite anime. Of course I watch many other anime as well, but Soul Eater stuck out the most to me. I started sorting out all the thoughts in my head, when I heard the front door open and footsteps hitting the tiled floor.

I stepped downstairs to see my mom and dad fumbling around the living room, eyes droopy and they smelled like... Beer. They told me that they'd stop going to clubs and getting drunk! I stood at the foot of the staircase when my mother finally noticed me standing there.

"Oh! Hello Darling!" She slurred her words. "How is my little Pumpkin doing?" She smiled drowsily.

I gave her a little glare, "You guys told me that you'd stop drinking!" I firmly stated.

"I don't like your attitude young lady! And besides, promises are meant to be broken," she scoffed with a flick of her wrist. "Now go to your room! I don't want to see your face until you're ready to apologize!" And with that, she shooed me away without another word.

I stomped up to my room, and slammed my door shut. I didn't even raise my voice to her all that much! I hate when they get like this! I grumbled to myself about how much I'd rather live in the anime world that this one.

After I was done and calmed down with my little rage fit, I pulled out my sketchbook and started drawing Kid, Soul and BlackStar.

I pulled out my markers (or whatever art supply you'd like to use) and started coloring it.

After that step was finished, I outlined it and hung it up on my wall with the other many drawings.

I looked at my clock (or watch) to see it was about 9:30 p.m. So I went downstairs to see that my parents had gone to bed.

My stomach growled as realization struck over me that I hadn't eaten dinner yet.

So I creeped into the kitchen, making as little noise as possible. And opened up the refrigerator door. Scanning the shelves and rows of food.

I finally saw what looked like left over (f/f) from a couple days ago. So I heated it up (if it can) and sat on the couch; knowing I'd basically be dead if my parents found dishes in my room.

I finished up my food, and snuck upstairs back into my room. I locked the door- which I've always had a habit of at night- and turned on the TV.

I switched on Netflix and scrolled through the shows, and clicked on Soul Eater. Not caring that this would be like the thousandth time I watched it.

I turned on the first episode, deciding to re-watch the series. Again. And I also pulled out my Manga Books.

I read the books along while the TV played the anime. I was surprised to see that that not a lot was different. Besides the fact that it explains that Soul has on older brother named Wes in the Manga.

So kept on repeating that for a few more hours, knowing I wasn't in any mood to sleep. And every time the book ended I'd pause the show and switch out books.

I was on the 8th volume when my eyes finally had gotten droopy, the feeling of sleepiness washing over me.

I set the book down, didn't bother turning off the TV, and walked up to my window. And I stared up into the starry night sky. (It looks like the pic above)

"The sky is so weird tonight," I thought aloud. "It looks like the universe is so close," I kept my gaze on the purple sky as the stars gleamed.

"Take me away... Far, far away... From this nightmare called a home. Take me away to a place where I can make true friends. A place I can be myself. With no judgment, no crime, no suicidal thoughts..."

I began ranting on about my sorrow to the stars, begging for them to take me away. Or at least take away my dreads.

Suddenly, I thought I saw a star move. But I know that impossible, there were no shooting stars tonight..!

Then I light started moving from the sky and down to Earth... straight for my house!

I started panicking while trying to shut the window, but it was jammed, "Stupid window..!" I cursed, trying to get the frame to move.

But it was to late, the glowing object had flown through my window and hit me clear in the head; and everything went black.

~*Dream*~

I woke up with a groan, and sat up, holding my head in pain.

"What the heck was that?" I asked myself, now rubbing the spot that had been struck.

Then a button popped up in front of me, it read, 'Do you love anime?"

I hesitated for a moment, then selected the blue "yes" button.

"Please select an anime," a robotic voice said.

I did what it said, and selected the search bar. I typed in "Soul Eater" and a picture of the characters popped up.

I tapped the icon and and the whole area darkened, "This is one weird dream," I said.

Then the robotic voice was back, "You have selected: Soul Eater. Is that correct?"

"Yes," I was super confused.

I waited for something to happen, until finally the whole area started to glow a bright (f/c), and I was out like a light. Again.

What is happening?