Chapter 22: Witness of Death

A-ha! You can thank my sister for this update, because I asked her which of my two stories I should update (this one or Fairy Tail) and she said this one! Sooo.... yep. Here I am! And here we all are reaching the end of the story!

~Narrator POV~

Your eyes widened at the limp body lying in a large pool of blood. Your breath hitched in your throat, refraining you from crying out in a below of sobs. The back of her brunette hair, dampened in her own crimson blood. Her glasses cracked and strewn off her face, fallen next to her unconscious form, beaten and worn, and obviously exhausted.

A malicious laughter filled your eyes, as you glanced up at the heckling woman, her eyes a burning flame engulfed in gasoline. "M-hm-hm... So, you've come to witness this little whelps ongoing, hm?" She hissed, stepping around Jennicah's corpse. "A shame, really, that she wasn't able to say her final dying words."

You froze in disarray at the Witch's taunting speech. You knew you had to drown out her sly demeanor, but you couldn't tear your gaze from your best friend's lifeless form. "J... J..." You couldn't even manage to muster the voice to speak her name, as tears flowed from your eyes and down your cheeks. Some dripped off your chin and onto your shirt, causing you to shiver in distaste, trying to rid your throat of the dreaded frog.

Liz and Patty immediately morphed into their pistol forms, and simultaneously landed inside Kid's grip. "You Witch!! How dare you kill her?!" He growled, firing rapidly towards the woman you oh-so despised. He had a newly found fire in his eyes; he was enraged.

Melaina merely put up a barrier using her magic as she did nothing but smile at your group of friends. "Oh.. You have no idea how good it felt to finally rid my soul of that abomination of a child that I raised. It felt so... enlightening." The Witch beamed promptly, dragging her fingers down her sickly pale skin of her face.

Tsubaki suddenly engulfed herself in the familiar light of transformation and had turned into a chain-scythe, BlackStar taking her into his hands and dashing towards Melaina. "How could you?! You're a monster!" He wretched, churning his nose up and gritting his teeth towards the woman, slashing away vigorously at the circular barrier protecting her.

"Oh, honey... I am far more than just a monster." She commented, snapping her fingers and sending BlackStar hurdling into a nearby tree. You traced your stare back to the blue haired boy, shouting his name in concern.

"BlackStar!!" As much as you wanted to run to him and make sure he didn't suffer too much damage from the impact, you knew you'd only be getting in his way.

But he's fighting because your friend was just killed.

You should be out there fighting with them.

To avenge your friend.

To get revenge.

Defeat Melaina.

...Slaughter your enemy.

You snapped out of your daze and looked back to the Witch, seeing Soul and Maka already attempting to break the shield with a Witch Hunter Scythe, while Crona and Ragnorok attacked from the opposite side. You furrowed your brow and jolted forward, towards the brooding woman, clenching your teeth and tightening your fists.

Something stirring inside your soul caused you to gain a sudden boost of adrenaline, and more power than you've ever witnessed before. You skid to a stop, and slammed your fist into the barrier that protected the Witch, causing a large explosion and the shield to shatter, your dominant fist now bloodied and most likely broken a few knuckles.

You winced at the immense pain that you felt coursing through your body, yet... you found the audacity to smile at Melaina as she tumbled into the dirt, gaining a more than a few bruises along the way down. Your hair fell over your eyes as you slouched forwards, arms dangling dead in front of you, still a wide smirk stretched across your features. Your breaths were heavy and rigged, as you inhaled and exhaled sharply. You felt alive.

"hEy MeLaInA...." You paused, jerking your head up and flashed the wounded Witch an odd smile, your eyes flickering with madness. "hOw'S iT fEeL tO tAsTe DeFeAt?" You croaked, a few drops of blood slipping from your lips and down your chin.

The Witch slowly made her stand, regaining her posture, as she coughed and choked on the newly entering oxygen that she allowed into her lungs. "You... You're different than before. That Black Blood coursing through your veins has at last taken affect! And all it took was a simple death of the fool you called a friend."

You froze. Your eyes droned down to the cold body of Jennicah, as you felt your legs begin to shudder. "J-Jennicah... You.." You averted your gaze back to the menacing woman, glaring as harsh as your facial featured would permit. "yOu KiLlEd HeR."

You felt your arm go numb, as it morphed and took shape into a cold, sharp blade. You stood there in a stiff trance as an overwhelming power trudged through your body. You where taken aback by the fact that you had the abilities of a Weapon; but you grinned at the chance to wipe that chilling smirk from Melaina's lips.

Without a moment's hesitation, you leap forward at your attacker, and swung down at her, unfortunately not being quick enough to catch her off guard and land a blow. You slammed your feet into the dirt below, causing an indent to form underneath you, molding two footprints into the ground where you stood.

Your friends stared at you in shock, as they tried to register where in Death's name you could have harnessed all that power. That's when Maka recalled a distant memory; one she tried to forget, no doubt.

"The Queen of Witches... (Y/n)'s the... That's why she has the ability of a Meister and a Weapon!" She exclaimed, obviously more than proud of her memory.

Your grin faltered from insane to sorrowful. "B-But... I'm not evil." You looked down at your quivering hands.

What were you?

Alright! Thank you for staying patient with me, and I hope to finish this story sometime in near future! So... until then, I'll see you in the next chapter! Buh-Biee!!