Chapter 7: Limb after Limb

Nuuuu!! It's the dreaded chapter 7! Let's get a move on before Kid starts freaking out!

~Jennicah's POV~

After our basketball match, it ended up being that my Team one. I was beyond relieved..! We can't reveal under our bandages just yet!

Not that I wanted Kid to go through his punishment, but it'd probably ruin our friendship if we showed them the truth...

I looked over to see Kid already freaking out while rolling around- symmetrically of course- on the ground.

I mentally laughed and walked over too him. 'It's not all that bad..! Well, when you get used too it..!' I wrote.

He got up, brushed himself off, and lightly smiled. "I suppose you're right..." He paused for a second, then looked towards Soul. "When do I start?"

"In ten minutes, so I suggest you talk up a storm..!" He responded with a grin.

The others kept ranting on and on about random things. I walked over too the bench where Maka was sitting. I sat down as a wave of pain rushed through my right shoulder and left leg.

I winced slightly, but channeled the pain. I unwrapped the bandages on my shoulder. I grieved at the sight of my rotting flesh... Same with my leg.

'The affects of the experiments...' I thought.

I re-wrapped the bandages, folded my hands together, and stared at the ground.

I haven't told (Y/n) about my condition, but it's for her own good so she didn't worry too much about me...

She's the one with a "Special Power". So she'll need to worry about herself more than me.

"Hey Jennicah!" I jerked up too see (Y/n) smiling and walking towards me.

~Your POV~

I saw Jennicah staring at the ground looking depressed. So I excused myself from the others, and walked over too her.

"Hey Jennicah!" I smiled.

She jerked up and put on a smile. I sat down next too her on the bench. "Is anything wrong?"

'Nope! Everything's fine! You?' She wrote. I could tell it was a coverup, but what was she hiding?

"Well, I was just gonna go home. And I as wondering if you could cook dinner?"

She just smiled and nodded. We told the others that we were heading home. Maka and Soul decided to come with us. We all said our goodbyes, and we left.

As we were walking, not even the smallest talk crossed my mind. We walked in silence. Once we finally made it home, Maka unlocked the door and we walked inside.

Jennicah didn't bother to change into pajamas, she just washed her hands and got to cooking. It was hard to find something for her to make; we didn't have much food... I guess Maka forgot to go shopping...

But she made Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce. Also Garlic Bread and Caesar Salad. As we sat down to eat, we heard a knock at the door.

I put down my fork and opened the door. I sweat-dropped at the group in front of me. BlackStar, Tsubaki, Kid, Liz and Patty stood on the front of our porch.

"Hey! What'chya guys doin' here?" I asked.

"We thought we'd come over because of how lonely you may be here by yourselves..!" Tsubaki smiled.

"That was nice..! Me, Jennicah, Soul and Maka were just about to eat!" I thanked.

"Sweet! Food! Count me in!" BlackStar pushed his way into our house.

Everyone else came in as Tsubaki apologized, and sat down at out table and couch. Jennicah dishes everyone up, and sat on the swivel chair in our Living Room.

I walked over too her. "Arn't you gonna eat?" I asked, shoving a slice ad garlic bread in my mouth.

She just smiled and shook her head. 'Nah, I'm gonna go to my room and draw,'

And with that, she stood up and walked to her room. Jennicah's always been great at drawing. She also taught me how.

But I haven't seen her do it in a while... I was pulled out of my thoughts as Kid walked up too me with his plate and a notepad and sat down where Jennicah previously was.

'This meal is amazing, where'd you get it?' He wrote, putting a fork-full of Spaghetti in his mouth.

"Oh, Jennicah made it..!" I smiled, taking another bite of Garlic Bread.

"Really? Wow. She can really cook," Liz commented.

"Yeah, she really can..." I said, staring off at Jennicah's bedroom door.

"Are you okay?" Maka questioned, crunching on a crouton.

"Yeah, it's just that Jennicah's been acting strange lately..." I still didn't take my eyes off of the door.

"Then why don't you go ask her?" Soul stated, going to put his plate in the sink.

"I tried, but she said she said she was fine... But I'll go check on her," I said with a determined look.

I stood up and marched up the stairs, stopping in front of my Partners door. I gripped the doorknob, but then stopped.

I heard a song playing and thumping around. I've heard this song before... But where? Oh yeah! Melaina played it a few times..! I'm pretty sure it's called "Never Too Late" by Three Days Grace.

I finally decided to open the door when everything fell silent. But when I opened the door, my eyes widened and my throat hitched holding back a scream.

Jennicah's right arm and left leg were clean off, blood covered the carpet and her body. I rushed up to her and felt her heartbeat, luckily it was still beating.

I looked around and there was no sharp tools what-so-ever. What could have done this? Before I could react, I felt a sudden sharp pain in my right leg.

I looked down to see that my own leg way off! I looked at the window to see a grinning figure with evil in her eyes. Melaina...

Her dress blew in the breeze with that evil smirk on her face, holding a long katana. One that could cut off a limb in one swipe.

"What are you doing here?!" I yelled, my eyes watering from both fear and pain.

Without a reply, she ran away without making a sound, only her maniac laughter could be heard as it echoed across the buildings of Death City.

Apparently the others heard the yelling and came rushing upstairs. "What happend?!" Maka screamed.

My vision was starting to blur, but I managed to say a few words. "Melaina... Evil... Help..."

Then my vision went black...