Chapter 18: Moment of Truth

~Your POV~

As I gripped the journal in my hands, tears started to prick my eyes. "We're one step closer to finding her." Maka stated, expression going stern.

I nodded and hugged the journal for dear life, just as I had last night with the picture frame. "What are we gonna do? It's not like we know where she went..." I explained, trying to get my point across.

Maka nodded, placing her hand on her chin in thought, her expression still the same stern one she had from the beginning of this scenario.

Just then, Soul spoke up in a tone that I've never heard him speak in before. "Based on what the notebook said, she may have gone back to Kikyō Village. I mean, that's where you and her are from, isn't it?"

"I have to admit, that is a good point, Soul."

We all turned towards the front door and saw Kid, Liz and Patty walk through the door without warning. "But what if she purposely placed that notebook there so she could throw you off and make you believe that she went back?"

Now everyone was on edge. Both Soul and Kid had valid points. "But what if she really did go back? How would we know? We'd have to check and find out, am I right?"

Now BlackStar and Tsubaki walked through the door, a shy Crona following meekly behind with Ragnarok resting on his head.

And yet another valid point...

Everyone situated themselves in the living room and began discussing our plan of perseverance. Kid then brought up an important key element for our search.

"I've already talked with my father about the matter, and he has excused us from class until we've gotten Jennicah back, or we cannot continue with our investigation." He claimed, his hands neatly folded in his lap. (Symmetrically of course)

"Thanks Kid, that'll be helpful. And we get to skip Professor Stein's test! Thank Death, because I didn't study for it..." Soul admitted, rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment.

You laughed lightly, but then went back to a saddened expression. "Yeah, thanks Kid. That'll come in handy."

He nodded respectfully, his expression still as nonchalant and emotionless as usual. Before any one of us could even say something more, Professor Stein wheeled into the house on his swivel chair, holding a giant laptop computer.

"Professor Stein? What are you--" Maka started, but was then cut off by the silver-haired man.

"I might have found a way to track Jennicah's location." He stated simply while adjusting his glasses, his bangs covering his forehead and barely showing his green eyes.

Your eyes widened with surprise as a few more tears pricked at your eyes. "R-Really..? Y-You can do that..?" Was all you could ask before your voice wanted to crack.

He nodded and opened the laptop then began violently typing. "When I had to apply your Automail to your arms and legs, I placed trackers in the metal so I'd be able to know if the mechanics were damaged. So if I can tap into that system, I could locate Jennicah in an instant." He explained as a whole bunch of hacking codes and decryptions appeared onto the screen.

"You have to hack into your own program?" Kid asked with a raised eyebrow, folding his arms and was clearly deep in thought.

That was where Kid was wrong. Stein, who was still quickly typing, glanced to Kid then back to the computer before saying, "It's not my program. It's Lord Death's. He made it with Eibon a long time ago."

Everyone's expressions grew shocked at the name "Eibon". An old acquaintance of Lord Death's back when they first sealed Asura, the Kishin. That was many years ago that the memory was hard to recall, even from just learning about it during Professor Stein's class.

Stein finally had gotten through the codes as his computer made a klick noise, signaling that his hacking was successful. He selected a map as a few yellow dots appeared on the screen. Then as the map processed the dots changed into different colors.

There were a total of seven dots. One blue, one purple, one red, one green, one light blue, one yellow, and the last one orange. What did the colors stand for? Who are all these people?

Stein seemed to have read your mind. "All of these people are former students of the DWMA. Except for two, the green and the red, those are you, (Y/n) and Jennicah. Jennicah is green and you're red." He said, pointing to each dot on the screen.

Jennicah's dot was the farthest from the others. It seemed to be moving, too. "So she's only just outside the perimeters of Death City?" Kid asked, piping in.

"Makes things easier for us." Soul chuckled as he put his hands behind his head in a relaxed-like manor.

"Then what're we waiting for? Let's get going before she can go any farther from town!" BlackStar shouted, raising his arms into the air and waving them frantically.

Crona nodded with a somewhat stern expression. "Y-Yeah. I agree w-with BlackStar." He stated, his arms straight down to his sides and his back straightened out completely.

Everyone seemed to be in agreement to this idea. Unfortunately, Stein couldn't come with you because of important work assigned to him by Lord Death. But before he left he wished you the best of luck and started back to the DWMA. Hopefully later you would be able to ask him about the other people on his map. But that was for another time... Right now you had one objective: get Jennicah back before she could leave Death City.

Everyone stood from the seat they were in and readied themselves to head out the door. Here it was, the moment of truth, Jennicah would not be leaving Death City as long as you or the others could help it; and you sure hoped you could...

Sorry that the chapter was so short. I just really wanted to update for you awesome Reader-Chan's. And if you didn't know, my friend _iFanfiction_ convinced me to enter this story into the Soul Eater Spring Watty Awards for 2017. So, just wanted to thank her for that :) And I will see you in the next chapter..
Buh-Bye!!