Chapter 12: Brownies

Okay! Thanks to the help of UnkownDreamer , yukihart , MysterySisters and sora626 I have been able to make up my mind! Thanks for your opinions for the progression of this story! Now, let's get this chapter started!

~Jennicah's POV~

After (Y/n) and Maka were pried off of my back, I walked into the kitchen with Soul marching behind me.

I pulled out a glass, baking pan and threw flour, sugar, a little yeast, eggs, vanilla, chocolate mix and a pinch of salt.

As I mixed the ingredients together, Soul, (Y/n) and Maka sat at the counter, chatting about random things and waiting for the brownies to be done.

But what I found slightly strange was that throughout the whole time I was making the chocolate pastries, Crona was practically leaning over my shoulder watching me mix the ingredients.

He seemed to have noticed that I new he was watching and backed away quickly. "I-I'm sorry..." He apologized.

I just waved my hands in front of my and wrote: No, no! It's totally fine! It's natural to be curious!

"R-Really?" He took a few steps forward shyly.

"Yeah! Here, I'm done mixing, you can lick the spoon..!"

I grabbed the wooden spoon from the mixing bowl and handed it to him. He hesitantly held it up to his face, but then stuck it in his mouth.

His eyes widened as a small smile formed on his face. "Th-This is a-amazing..!"

I grinned and gave him a thumbs up. I turned the oven on and put the pan into the heat and closed the door.

Crona handed me the spoon and I washed it off in the sink, dryer it with a rag and placed it into a holster on the counter that was occupied by many other spoons and spatulas.

About five minutes after the brownie batter was placed into the oven, 8 knocks were heard at the door.

I put down my oven mitt and answered the door, already having an idea who it was.

When I opened the door, there stood Kid, Liz, Patty, BlackStar and Tsubaki. I waved at them but also gave them a confused look.

"We were training at Death Park when we smelt chocolate in this direction," BlackStar stated.

I held up a note: You got that right, I'm making Brownies.

Once they finished the last word, they all trampled into the house and sat in the living room.

'Of course,' I thought with a laugh.

I went back to the kitchen to see Crona looking through the window on the oven, watching the brownies as they slowly baked.

The timer beeped and Crona moved out of the way as I grabbed the oven mitt and pulled the mixing bowl out of the oven and turned it off.

I placed the bowl on top of the oven and pulled off the mitt. I grabbed at spatula from the holster and started cutting the brownies as evenly as possible.

I let them cool off as I asked Crona to pull out 11 plates from the cupboards. He set them carefully on the counter all in a row.

I used the spatula to scoop off 1 brownie for each plate and set them on the ceramic table-wear.