Chapter 15: Unstable

~Your POV~

I was laying down, the floor was hard, like gravel. But there's something else... Liquid. I l sat up with a start. The Liquid's red.

Blood...

I stood up with panic, my eyes widened. I tried to scream, but my breath hitched. I took deep breathes: In and out. In and out.

As I collected myself, I decided to look for someone or something. As I started to walk, I could feel the slush on the ground as I took each step.

"(Y/n)..?" I heard a familiar voice.

"Crona? Is that you?!" I shouted, wanting a friend to get me out of this mess.

"Y-Yes, it's me. How are y-you here?" He asked as he stepped out from behind a random pillar.

"I have no idea..." I sighed, defeat basically laughing in my face.

"Have you been here b-before?" He questioned, his voice cracking with worry and fear.

"Yeah, once... With Jennicah," I replied, recalling the first time we had ever seen this place.

"R-Really?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, but that was a few days ago, so it's been a while,"

Before Crona could reply, we heard footsteps behind us. A pare of one... two... no, three people.

"(Y/n)? Crona?" I turned around to see Kid, Soul and BlackStar.

"Kid, Soul, BlackStar! What are you guys doing here? And what's with the suits?" I asked, pointing at them.

They all had different style of suits on, Crona did as well. "You're one to ask, you're the one wearing a dress," Soul remarked.

I looked down, and he was right. I was wearing a (f/c) dress with a (s/f/c) lace trim. "Yeah, you're right... But you still didn't answer my question, why are you all here?" I repeated.

"We don't know that ourselves..." Kid stated, placing his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah. One minute we're at your house, then here in this place the next!" BlackStar claimed, folding his arms in frustration.

I nodded. But then we all froze at the sound of a voice. A beautiful voice. A singing voice. "Wh-What's that?" Crona shivered.

"Somebody's singing... But who?" I thought about it, but the only other person I know who's been her was Jennicah.

We all decided to follow the sound of their voice. As we walked, the singing became louder and louder.

Until we came at a door. A door painted black with music notes on the front, a swirly leaf design around it.

I pushed it open, and all of our eyes widened. It was Jennicah. She was dancing around and singing.

"Gotta run, gotta run 'till I fall, gotta keep on feeding the crave. Gotta build, gotta build up my wall, gonna keep on digging my grave.

Gotta fight, gotta fight 'till I bleed, gotta keep my head screwed on tight. Gotta stay, gotta stay in the lead, gotta make sure I win this fight.

It's okay if I'm a bit unstable. I've been doing just fine on my own, I don't care if I am in denial. It's a mild syndrome!"
*Sings through rest of song above*

We all stood in shock on how beautiful her voice sounded. But, she shouldn't be able to speak..! How?

"Jennicah?" I butted in, taking one step through the door.

She turned around with a gasp. "(Y/n)? Is that you?" She questioned, her hand over her heart.

"Yeah, but... How in the world are you talking?! I thought Melaina stole--" she cut me off.

"Yes, she did... It's here, in this world, that I still have my voice," she explained, dropping her hands down to her sides.

As everyone else stepped into the room, my curiosity still was at its peak. "But you couldn't talk last time we were here..."

"I know. But sometimes, things change..!" She shrugged with a smile.

I smiled too. It's been so many years sense I've heard her voice. I ran up to her and wrapped my arms around her back. "Then I'm glad thing changed," I muttered.

She hugged back. "Me too,"

I let go and stepped back. "I remember being here before..." Soul whispered. Then his eyes widened. "(Y/n), Jennicah, have you seen a little red Demon with a terrible dancing habit?" He asked, his voice rushed.

"Yeah, we saw him the first time we came here. Why?" I asked.

"We're all victims of Black Blood..." Jennicah muttered, looking down, bangs covering her eyes.

"What did you say?" BlackStar's gaze hardened.

"Black Blood... Madness... We're slowly going insane," Jennicah repeated, looking up with a serious matter.

"Do you mean that--?" I stopped, my eyes widening at the information.

She nodded. "We've all been injected with Black Blood. (Y/n), do you remember what happened that night when we turned 10?"

I tried to remember, memories flowing though my head. Then it all replayed, the one night when Jennicah and I were injected with a strange black liquid.

"That was Black Blood? Have you known this whole time?" I asked, realization still screaming in my gaze.

She nodded again. "Yeah, but I didn't want you to worry about it all that much, so I didn't tel you..." She glanced at Soul, Kid, Crona and BlackStar. "I think it's time we told them,"

I nodded my head in agreement. I turned around to face the four boys. "There's something Jennicah and I have to confess,"

I felt Jenn stand next to me. "It's something we hid- not very well I might add- but we should have told you in the first place..."

We both gripped the seams of our bandages, we pulled down, causing them to unravel, revealing all of the scars from our childhood.

The four boys in front of us stood in shock. "How did you get so many scars..?" Kid managed to ask, eyes wide.

"A Witch. My mother, Melaina. She kept us locked away in their basement, torturing us ever sense we were born," I explained.

"(Y/n) and I aren't sisters if that's what you were thinking. My parents didn't want me, so her parents "adopted" me," Jennicah explained.

They all were still trying to process the information. "But when you two got your Automail, wouldn't the doctors have seen your scars and told somebody?" Kid inquired.

"Possibly, but maybe Stein didn't mention it to anyone," Jennicah stated with a shrug.

"Wait, did you say Melaina? As in, the Witch who cut of your arm and legs?" Soul asked, catching onto a few clues.

"Yeah. You figured it out, huh?" Jennicah sighed.

"So, th-that means Melaina- (Y/n)'s mom- I-is the one wh-who caused all these injuries?" Crona remarked, grabbing Jennicah's left arm and inspecting all the cuts.

We both nodded. "And (Y/n)..." Jenn closed her eyes and clenched her fists. "There's something I have to tell you before its too late to..."

We all looked at her, confusion in our expressions. "And I completely understand if you don't want me around anymore afterwards..."

Haha! Another cliffhanger! Aren't I the best? *Gets hit by chair* Alright, alright! I get it! Geez... Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and I will update as soon as I can!

Song: Unstable~ by: Chaotica