Basketball Game #1

Maya POV

It's been about a month since the party and Lucas and I are still friends and it isn't awkward between us. I just act like nothing happened.

Lucas is a basketball player. He sucked last year but he still made JV, so he hoped he would make varsity this year. And he basically did, but he had a choice between JV and varsity and he chose JV that idiot. (I'm kidding)

It was the first game and it was against the saber cats. Our school sucks at every sport so we weren't expected to win. I decided to go to the game with my best friend, Bailey. We wanted to watch the game but we also wanted to see all of our friends cheer.

Just as the game started, the varsity cheer girls came to sit with us. That included Penelope, Kristina, Carolina, and Elizabeth. Lucas was REALLY good at basketball, he was way better than last year. We kind of have a relationship where it looks like we are flirting with each other but we don't think of it like that.

During the game I kept cheering him on saying "GO NUMBER 22!" or "COME ON BULLDOGS!" I was just supporting my friend and our team. There was this once time though where I caught Lucas' eye.

It wasn't silent on the court but it wasn't that loud either. He was over on the side of the court where I was sitting and I didn't know if he saw me or not, so I decided to take a big risk. I shouted

"LETS GO LUCAS!!" and he heard me! He looked over at me and started laughing and smiling, like he was glad I was there.

"Aww that was so cute! Are you guys dating?" Elizabeth asked.

"No, we are just friends." I responded while laughing. On the inside though I was so happy. Carolina and Kristina agreed that it was a cute moment, but Penelope just gave me a death glare and kept on cheering Lucas on. It kind of made me mad because I knew they were friends but I was always afraid of losing him to her, but he never heard her cheering him on. :)

After the game, I decided to text him.

Me: hey! good job at the game tonight even though you lost🏀

Lucas: Thx

Okay not the response I was looking for but at least he responded

Me: np.did you hear me cheering you on?😂

Lucas: Yea.😂😂

Me: you did good tho

Lucas: Thanks

Me: see ya tomorrow

Lucas: You too

Texting him always makes me feel good for some reason. I don't know for sure if he likes me, but I might be starting to like him...