You Haven't Changed At All

Lucas's P.O.V
It's been like 1 month of summer and I've barely seen Maya. I miss her so much and I want to hang out with her so badly. Our friend Kayla is having our friends come to the mall to celebrate her birthday. Maya is going to be there and so am I so we finally get to see each other. We have texted a few times but we haven't talked much and it kind of makes me sad.

Maya's P.O.V
It's been like 1 month of summer and I've barely seen Lucas. I miss him so much and I want to hang out with him. Good thing Kayla is having her party at the mall and Lucas is going. We've texted a few times but we haven't talked a lot because I've been really busy. I wish he would offer to hang out but he never does. Today I'm just chilling at my house by myself and watching Netflix. This is going to be boring, I'm glad the party is on Friday. And Bailey's party is on Saturday so this weekend should be fun. I'm a little worried about seeing Lucas because Luka will be there and Lucas can act a little different around his friends. Penelope will also be there and she makes me wanna kill myself. I hope Lucas won't act different because I think he's changed but I guess we'll see.

2 days later...

It's Friday and it's about 3:30 and the party starts at 5.
*bing*
I got a snapchat from Lucas
L: hey
M: hi
L: wyd
M: getting ready
L: where are you going?
M: to Kayla's party?😂
L: oh yea I'll see you there
M: yea bye
That was odd. We have never had a conversation like that. Lucas and I still haven't told our friends about our feelings and I hope we don't do anything to look like we have feelings for each other. I decided to take a shower. I stand under the hot water for a while before I shampoo and condition my hair, then I  wash my body and my face. I step out and dry my body and hair. I decide to get dressed in a tank top with shorts and converse. My normal outfit. My mom tells me it's time to go and then we leave to the mall. When I get there, Bailey is the only one there so we just sit and talk until every one gets there. When people arrive I give everyone a hug cause I haven't seen them in like a month, but when Lucas arrived he didn't hug me and I was a little disappointed.
It was time to go see the movie now and Lucas and I had talked about sitting next to each other. We had talked a lot during the party, but we didn't do anything flirty with each other and I was okay with that. When we got into the theater Lucas was about to sit by me but then he hesitated and sat by Luka in a different row. I was confused and kind of hurt by his actions so I texted him. He didn't respond so I mentally made a side note to talk to him after the movie was over. The movie was good I laughed a lot I kinda forgot about Lucas but then I remembered as we were walking out. He went over to the side and called his mom I did the same and when I saw that he was done with his conversation I went up to him.
"Hey. I'm leaving" I said
"Aw okay bye." He didn't even look at me
"But first why didn't you sit next to me like you said you would?" I asked
"I didn't want people to say things." He said looking down
"You're kidding right? You didn't want people to say thing? You mean you didn't want Luka or Penelope to say things! You have no problem picking me up and spinning me in the air at school, or going out for frozen yogurt or kissing me at my door but you have a problem with sitting by me at the movie theater? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?!" I said laughing
"I don't have a problem with doing those other things because we were alone we weren't in front of my friends." He admitted
"Wow. Okay then. Well I mean we never dated or anything so why would I expect you to sit next to me? Oh wait because we are friends." I said. I could feel my eyes brim with tears.
"I-I-I'm sorry?" It came out as more a question than an apology. I started laughing, I don't even know why honestly.
"You know what the worse part about falling for a guy you know is too good for you? It's that you fall anyway because you think he will change. Well boy was I wrong. Goodbye Lucas have a nice summer see you in August I guess." I said and I walked away to where my mom was. I felt the air against my tear stained cheek as I was walking and that made me cry harder for some reason. I never thought Lucas could make me cry again but he did and my tears weren't tears of joy, they were tears of sadness.
"Honey what happened?" My mom asked concerned
"Lucas James Crawford happened! I hate him I hate him so much mom! He ruined my life and I never wanna see his stupid ugly face again!" I yelled crying into my moms arms. My mom was still parked outside of the movie theater and I'm pretty sure Lucas could see me crying but I didn't care. My mom was about to drive away when there was a knock on my window. It was Lucas.
"I didn't give you your goodbye hug" he said lowly
"Get the heck away from me and leave me alone. Don't talk to me, don't text me, don't snapchat me, don't think about me. Don't show up to my house tomorrow to apologize because I won't answer the door. Now leave before I have my mom run you over." I said looking straight into his eyes meaning every word I just said.
"Goodbye Maya." He said his voice breaking
"Yea whatever bye Lucas."
And like that I shut the door to my life with Lucas Crawford.

Lucas's P.O.V
And as her car drove off I knew I really messed up this time. And knowing that Maya just drove out of my life I broke down crying in front of everyone.