Friendship Problems

Lucas POV

When Maya was sick she didn't come to school for two days and those two days were so boring without her. For the two days she was sick I went over to her house after to school to make sure she was okay. Thank goodness after 5 days of resting she was better.

Thursday

When Maya came back to school I could tell she wasn't as happy as she usually is. I knew that she had been sick but I thought she got better. 
"May are you okay?" I asked concerned
"Yep I'm great" she said emotionless with tears in her eyes and then she ran to the bathroom.
"Maya wait!" I ran after her but once she ran in the bathroom all I could do was stand outside the door. She didn't come out for over five minutes and I had to make sure she was okay.
"Maya! What's wrong?" I said storming into the bathroom
"Lucas you can't be in here!" She shouted at me
"Maya i don't care I wanna know what's wrong! Did I do something?" I asked
"No of course not! You are amazing! It's my friends"
"Who? What did they do? Do I need to talk to them?"
"It's everyone! They just don't talk to me and I don't know why! I try to spend time with you and them so I don't know what I'm doing wrong" she sobs
"Do you want me to talk to them?" I ask holding her in my arms
"No! No no no not at all. That will only make things worse" she rejects
"Who's making you cry though? I know that you've had friendship problems before but you've never cried over them. So who is making you cry?"
"It's mostly Emily. She only talks to Megan and it's like I'm her rebound friend! I hate it! I really thought we were gonna be really close this year. We had so many plans to do together and then she just ignores me!" Maya says while crying even harder.
"Hey, don't cry over Emily. Emily has a lot of issues with friends, you know that," Maya nods "Emily settles for the first person she can get and she might think Megan is a better friend than you but she is completely wrong!" Maya chuckles
"Maya you are the best friend anyone could have! Guy or girl. All of my friends actually say that you are the best girl at this school."
"Really?" She asks
"Really. We all love you and a lot of other people do too I promise you. Do you know who loves you the most though?" I ask
"Who?"
"I do! I love you so much that I don't know what my life would be like without you in it. You have changed me as a person so much and I'm so grateful for that. Thank you for being the best girlfriend and best friend I could ask for! I love you Maya Winters!!"
"Lucas you always know how to make me feel better! I love you too" she exclaims then kisses me. Of course I kiss back.
*ring* *ring* *ring*
"Ugh that's the bell" I groan
"Walk me to first hour?" She asks
"Of course"
We walk to first hour and then say goodbye to each other. I hope her friends stop being assholes and realize that they are leaving her out. Oh and I am definitely talking to Emily.

•••

At lunch I see Emily and Maya talking and I'm hoping it goes well but when I see Maya running up to me crying I can tell it didn't go good.
"Why did you talk to her? I told you not to!" She says punching me very lightly
"Because i need to protect you! It's my job and if Emily or anyone else is hurting you I need to confront them."
"I can defend myself Lucas! You made everything worse" she says still crying and still punching me.
"Okay stop." She stops punching me
"Take a deep breath," she follows my instructions "Now come here." I hold my arms out to her and she hugs me and stops crying.
"Okay tell me what happened"
"So Emily came up to me and started asking me all these questions so I told her how I felt and then she blamed the whole thing on me. She kept saying how she can hang out with other people and how Megan is her best friend not me." Maya said while tearing up again
"Okay first, don't cry. Second, screw her you were there for her when no one else was and she should realize that. And third, you don't need her all you need is me" I said trying to cheer her up
"Thank you Lucas." She gave me the biggest hug
"Anything for you Maya"

After school Maya and I hung out and did our homework and we helped each other study for our tests.
*bing* I guess I got a message
Emily: are you home?
Lucas: no why?
Emily: I need to talk to you about Maya
Lucas: yea no if you don't treat her right then I can't be friends with you
Emily: this is all her fault! Lucas me and you are way closer than you and her are!
Lucas: she is my girlfriend! And no this is not her fault at all! This conversation is over.
"Who was that?" Maya asked looking up from her work book.
"It was Emily" i said rolling my eyes
"What did she want?"
"She wanted to talk to me about you and that me and her are way closer than you and i and a bunch of other bs"
"Oh god I'm sorry Lucas I didn't mean to end your friendship with her" Maya said tearing up again and looking down to her book
"Hey look at me. This was my choice if she can't treat you right why should I treat her right? You mean way more to me than she does. I love you Maya I don't love Emily" I said while wiping her tears.
"Okay can we take a break and watch a movie or something?" She asks
"Sure but I have football at 7 so I'll walk you home at like 6 okay?"
"I should come to one of your football games one day!" She says happy again
"Yea you should that would be awesome!"
After that we cuddle up with hot coco and watch some weird movie on Netflix and then I walk Maya home. I really hope that she stops having troubles with her friends soon. It kills me seeing her so sad and if she doesn't tell her other friends I might have too.

Maya's POV
Wow! Today was so different then I thought it would be. Lucas is the best he really helped me get through the day. When I got home I told my mom and dad everything that happened and my mom called Lucas's mom and told her what happened and how proud she was of him for being so good to me. I really love him and I'm so glad our relationship is taking steps in the right direction. I hope Emily doesn't get in the way of things though.
Lucas: goodnight beautiful don't think about her just have sweet dreams💗
Maya: thank you sm for today I love you and goodnight😘
After that I fell right asleep with my wonderful boyfriend on my mind.