Are You Ready For This?

Lucas's POV
Wow, today is graduation. We are actually leaving this hell hole of a place we call middle school. Don't get me wrong, I made some great memories during middle school, mostly with Maya, but I'm very excited to leave. High school means more people, harder classes, new sports, new everything, and I'm really excited for that. I hope that Maya and I are still dating or friends for the rest of our lives. Of course I wanna be with her for a long time, but realistically that isn't going to happen. Right now, I'm laying down on my bed listening to music. It is very early, the sun hasn't even come up yet. My music suddenly stops and I realize that someone is calling me. I look and see that it's Maya.
"Hi baby girl," I say to her over the phone. "Why are you awake?" I ask.
"I can't sleep. I'm nervous for tonight. Why are you awake?" She asks me.
"Same thing. Wanna come over?" I ask her.
"Yeah, I'll be over in 10." Maya says then hangs up. I look at myself and see that I look like a mess. My hair is all messy and I'm in my pajamas. But then I think about who is coming over and realize that Maya loves me no matter what I look like. Since I'm shirtless, I put on a sweatshirt and then go downstairs and wait for Maya. Once she texts me that she's here, I open the door and pull her into a hug.
"Come on, let's go outside by the pool," I say pulling away from her.
"But it's dark outside" she says looking confused.
"Yeah, we'll watch the sunrise" I say smiling.
"Okay!" She says smiling as well. We quietly open the back door and sneak outside.
"So, you're nervous for tonight?" I ask putting my arm around her.
"I don't wanna mess up on my speech tonight" she says laying her head on my shoulder.
"I'm scared" I admit to her.
"For what?" She asks.
"High school. What if everything changes? What if I lose you?" I ask concerned.
"I don't think that is going to happen. Of course things are going to change but hopefully, they change for the better." She says looking at me smiling.
"Hopefully. You wanna know something May?"
"What?"
"I wouldn't be the person I am now without you. I have no idea what I would've done without you these past few years." I say kissing her forehead.
"Somehow you manage to make me fall more in love with you. I know that we are only 8th graders but I can't imagine life without you." She says kissing me. Once we pull apart, we watch the sunrise and we hear a snap behind us. We turn around and see that my sister has taken a picture of us.
"You should post that on Instagram, it's a really cute pic!" She says and goes back inside. Maya and I laugh and then head inside. I decide to walk Maya home so that we can both get ready for school.
"I'll see you in a couple of hours. I love you" I say kissing her goodbye.
"Love you too. Bye" She says to me as she walks back into her house. Maybe we will last throughout high school, man I hope so. I decide to post that picture on my Instagram.

lucasxcrawford spent our last morning as middle schoolers watching the sunrise⛅️💗

Maya's POV
I start getting ready for the last day of school. I decide to actually dress kind of cute today. I put on a maroon lace tank top and some shorts. I then do my hair and makeup and put my black vans on. I go downstairs to get a smoothie and then I head out the door. I'm freaking out! I know that I don't have to give a speech right when I go to school but just the thought of giving one tonight is making me crazy! Today is going to be a chill and sad day. We are all going to cry at the end of the day. I mean, we're saying goodbye to our school that we've attended for 3 years. We are saying good bye to all those friends that aren't following us to high school, all these teachers that have impacted us so much.
Once I arrive at school, I meet up with all my friends and we take a bunch of pictures. We then go to our first period and eat donuts with our team and get our yearbooks.
"I love donuts so much!" My friend Alicia shouts while shoving a donut in her mouth. We all laugh at her and then we just stop and look at each other.
'I'm gonna miss this so much guys!" I say pretending to cry.
"Me too!" All my friends shout. 
"Where's your man?" Jasmine asks.
"He's getting ready for the basketball game" I say laughing.
"Do you think you guys are going to stay together over the summer?" My friends ask me.
"Over the summer? Yes. During high school? I'm not sure." I say looking down.
"Do you want to stay with him during high school?" They ask.
"Of course but it isn't very realistic. I mean how many people do you know that stay with one person forever since 7th grade?" I laugh.
"Well, Emily's parents met in 7th grade and now look at them." Bailey says.
"I know but still. Things are going to change and Lucas and I will have to deal with that change once we get to that time in our lives." I say smiling sadly.
"Alright guys! Come on! Time to go to the basketball game!" Our teachers shout. We all walk to the gym and sit down in the bleachers.
"Ready to see your hot boyfriend play?" Noelle asks me. I furrow my eyebrows at the fact that she called him hot.
"What did you call him?" I ask sweetly.
"Oh sorry, it slipped out." she says laughing.
"Yeah, don't let it slip out again" I smile and turn around. Once I'm turned around I roll my eyes.
When the game starts all the team members are announced, when it's Lucas's turn, I stand up and shout along with every other girl in our grade. I roll my eyes and I think Lucas can tell that I did that because he comes up to me in the bleachers and kisses my cheek.
"Good luck baby!" I shout after him and he winks back at me.
"Why are you guys so cute? I'm so jealous!" All my friends say. I smile and pay attention to the game.
During the game we all cheer on all of the players. The students end up losing by one point because the score keeper was being completely unfair and gave the teachers more points than they should have had. After the game, I wait for Lucas to change so we can walk back to class together.
"Good job!" I say hugging him even though he is still sweaty.
"Thank you baby girl but we lost." He says while laughing.
"So? The score means nothing to me. My boyfriend did good and that's all that matters to me." I say as he wraps his arm around me.
"I'm starving man!" Lucas says and that makes me laugh.
"Come on, let's go get your donut and your yearbook" I giggle and we walk back to our first periods.
"So, wanna do something after graduation tonight?" Lucas asks me smirking.
"What did you have in mind?" I ask.
"I was thinking we could go out to dinner and then go back to my house and go to Noelle's party together." Lucas says eating his donut.
"Sounds fun! Why don't we have our families come too?" I ask.
"Sure, if that's what you want!" Lucas agrees with me.
The day goes by fast and I was right when I said we were all going to cry. At the end of the day, they put us in the gym and we all signed yearbooks and listened to sad songs about leaving. When my friend Marie started crying, my whole friend group did too. She isn't going to the same high school as us so we are all going to miss her so much. They released us from the gym about 5 minutes before the actual end of the day. I hugged my teachers goodbye and at the end of the day I found Lucas. I gave him the biggest hug even though I know that we are going to hang out all the time.
"I love you so much Maya. You know that right?" He asks holding on to me.
"Of course I know that. I love you so much!" I say and then I give him a soft kiss on the cheek. Once the bell rings we all leave to go get ready for graduation.
About an hour later we are all in the gym again. This time we are all dressed up and our families are here with us. We all enter the gym and instead of sitting down, I go to the front of the gym and wait to give my speech. Once everyone arrives, I give my speech along with the principal.
"Hello and good evening everyone. My name is Maya Winters. Tonight is the night that we become freshmen!" I say and everyone cheers.
"We've had so many amazing memories at this school and I know that we are all so sad to say goodbye. High school will be so different but it'll be a good different. So many changes are coming and we are hoping for good changes instead of bad. Thank you to everyone that helped us get to where we are now! There will never be enough words to show how grateful we are for all of us. My teachers wanted me to talk about someone that impacted me the most or changed my life the most and that would have to be the wonderful guy named Lucas Crawford!" I shout and Lucas stands up and waves to everyone.
"Without that guy, I wouldn't be standing in front of you today. I've known him for about 3 years now and we've been a couple for 9 months. He has made the biggest impact on me and he has definitely changed my life for the better. So for that Lucas, I'm forever grateful and I love you!" I say with tears in my eyes and I blow him a kiss. Instead he stands up and walk towards me and kisses me softly and wipes my tears away. We hear everyone cheer in the background. When I pull away from him I just stare in his eyes and bite my lip.
"Goodbye and thank you!" I say and sit back down. After my speech everyone is called up to get their "diplomas" and their "caps and gowns." Once we all get our stuff we stand together. I find Lucas and stand next to him.
"Good job on your speech baby girl!" He says hugging me.
"Thank you!" I say hugging him back. We hear our teachers count down from 10 and that's how we know that we are actually graduating. Once we get to the last few seconds Lucas looks at me and says,
"Are you ready for this?" he asks.
"I've never been more ready for anything in my life!" I say smiling.
"Three, two, one! Congratulations class of 2017!" Our administration says.
Lucas looks at me and kisses me and I smile and kiss him back.
"Let's go eat!" Lucas and I both say and then we laugh. Our parents drive us to The Cheesecake Factory and we get a big booth. Obviously Lucas and I sit next to each other. Lucas and I take a bunch of selfies and I decide to post one.