"Non-official thing?"

Maya's P.O.V
Woah! Did that just happen? No no no. It did not happen.
"Maya, are you gonna leave me hanging here or...?" Lucas said snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Is this a joke? You are kidding me right?" I said in disbelief.
"Why would I joke about this? I didn't come to your house to joke around."
"I don't know if I can be your girlfriend Lucas. I don't wanna ruin our friendship it's just so awesome and I like you, I really like you but if we breakup what will happen between us?" A disappointed look came across his face.
"So you're saying no?" Lucas asked
"I'm not saying no I'm saying let me think about it."
"Okay." He looked really sad
"Lucas I love you, I really do but I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you and I don't want to get hurt. You are the hottest guy in our grade, you love to flirt with every one, and you've never dated anyone before. I just don't know what to think."
"Listen Maya, I love you too and I would never, I mean never flirt with other girls while we are dating! Never! And I dated Kristina in 3rd grade!" I chuckled "I know it's been a while but please just think about it."
Oohh I have an idea.
"Lucas how about we don't really date but we act like we're dating?"
"Don't we already do that?"
"Yes and no. It could be like a non official thing. We hangout, we hug, hold hands, kiss each other on the cheek, and you pick me up and stuff." I say while smiling.
"Maya you know what I call that? Dating!"
"Okay okay but how about we try that out without the label and then as time goes on we start really dating?"
"Okay I can settle for that."
"Settle for it? You better be happy about this I've never done this before." I snapped at him.
"Of course I'm happy about it, this means I can spend more time with you." He states while smiling
"Okay you should probably leave soon. My family will be home in like 30 minutes." I say.
"Can I have a hug?" I ask pouting.
"Nope no hugs!" Lucas says seriously.
"But Lucas!!" I whine
"I'm kidding, come here." He holds his arms out for me and I just walk into his arms. Since he's s giant I can't put my arms around his neck so I just hug his torso. God I love his hugs. Lucas kisses my cheek as he pulls away from the hug. I can't help but blush.
"What should we tell people when they ask why we are acting like this?" I ask
"We say that we are friends. Let them figure out our feelings." He replies
"Okay bye I like you" I blow him a kiss.
"I like you too" he responds while grabbing the kiss in the air. I guess that will be our new thing. He's such a dork. But he's "my" dork.

Monday
Lucas's P.O.V
"Lucas!" I hear a girly voice calling my name. I turn around and see the one and only Maya Winters. She runs up to me and jumps on me while I hug her and lift her feet from the ground spinning around a little.
"Hey! What's up with you today?" I ask
"I just missed you." She replies being all cute and stuff.
"What did you get on your Spanish test?" She asks me
"Um I don't know. Let me check" I pull out my phone to check my grade.
"I got a 95%! Let's go!!"
"Ha I did better than you! I got 100%!" She brags.
"Yeah okay whatever. I gotta get to first period, bye May." I lean in to give her another hug.
"I like you." I whisper in her ear as I hug her. She giggles and says the same thing in my ear.
"Bye!!" She shouts and walks off with her friends.

Maya's P.O.V
"Woah what was all that about?" My whole group asks me.
"What was what?" I ask obviously knowing what they're talking about.
"That hug? The convo? It was all very lovey-dovey!"
"Oh come on we are just friends!" I say smiling.
"I wouldn't mind being 'just friends' with Lucas" my friend Nicole says wiggling her eyebrows. God I hate that she likes him. It's so annoying. She doesn't know him at all and probably only likes him for his looks. I can't help but feel annoyed when she says that.
"Yeah okay whatever. I gotta go to first period." I say rolling my eyes.
"Hey you okay?" Marie says
"Peachy." I say smiling
"Okay." She smiles at me and walks me to first period.

Lunch

Lucas and I enter the lunch room talking. We both talk while walking to our table, we were secretly holding hands. No one could see that unless we moved away from each other. The way our hands fit together were like glue. They just slipped right in to each other.
"Do you have any good food for me today?"
"I have good food but is it for you? No." I said while arriving at my table
"Well this is your stop. Enjoy your lunch that you won't give to me." Lucas said as he scoffed
Now we are just standing there. He gave me his puppy dog eyes and frowned.
"Fine Lucas! Here have a cookie."
"Yay!" He said while jumping up and down like a 7 year old. He gave me tight hug and walked away to his table.
"Okay what was that? You can't possibly be that good of friends." Noelle said.
"Yes we can and we are."
"Okay but at the party you guys didn't act like that." Bailey pointed out.
"You're correct. We hung out on Sunday and we became a lot closer." I responded.
"You never told us that! Where did you go? What did you do? Did any touching happen? Was other people there?" They all asked
"He came over to my house, we talked and ate, we hugged that was the only touching, and no, no one was there not even my family." I responded to all their questions.
"Woah." They all said. We continued to have lunch, but when I went up to the lunch line with Noelle, Lucas did something surprising. As I walked passed his table he put his arm out and grabbed my waist from where he was sitting.
"Oh my god Lucas you scared the crap out of me!" I said while slapping his shoulder.
"Well hello to you too. How's your lunch?"
"Lucas I can't talk right now. Everyone is staring." I said while whispering
"Yeah okay. Bye cutie." He winked.
"Bye" I waved and walked to the lunch line.
"Wh-" Noelle started
"Don't ask." I cut her off.
It's hard not telling my friends what is going on but I don't want to ruin anything with Lucas, so in order to do that we will just keeping being "friends"
Lunch ended and the school day went on. Science and Spanish were boring as always and I was exhausted by the end of the day. I walk out of 6th period to have an arm slip around my waist. Lucas.
"Lucas what are you doing?" I asked
"I wanted to give you a goodbye hug!"
"Aw okay come here." We hugged for like a minute until my friend Miley cleared her throat signaling it was time to go.
"Let go" I whispered in his ear
"I don't wanna" he whined like a baby
"Bye Lucas see you tomorrow"
"I'll snapchat you tonight" he said while smirking
Miley didn't ask me what the hug meant. Thank god! Miley is like my only friend who sees Lucas and I as just friends. Yes, she ships us but she also thinks that our friendship is cute and that's what I love about her. I go home and I immediately receive a snapchat from Lucas.
L-"Hi"
M-"You're so needy.😂"
L-"Can we FaceTime I wanna see your beautiful face?😍"
M-"You can see it on snapchat😂"
L-"I wanna hear your beautiful voice😂"
M-"Let me do my homework and then I'll try to call you"
L-"Okay depending on when you call I might not answer cause of football"
M-"K bye" I did my homework, ate dinner, showered, iced my leg, and fell asleep. I had a long day since testing is this week it's gonna be a long week. Lucas was pretty nice today and cute. He carried my backpack to Spanish but we don't have Spanish tomorrow so he'll carry it until we get to the gym and then I'll carry it the other 20 feet. I'm really excited to see where this "non-official" thing goes. Maybe we will end up dating.
God I hope so.