2- Voices

It's been a week since you and your friend got to the lake. You had a strange feeling like something was missing from the place you used to remember. This voice kept coming up in your head. You just couldn't place name on it. You laid in your tent trying to remember who this person was. Confused you sat up. 'Why can't I remember?' You thought as you stood up trying to not wake your friend who was sleeping right next to you. You unzipped the tent and walked out into the cool brisk morning. It was still dark so most people were still sleeping. "Good.." You whispered seeing your breathe in the air. You started walking into the forest trying to clear your mind. As you walked deeper into the tall pines something in your head was remembering your surroundings. You also felt like someone was watching you. "Hello?" You called a bit nervous.

      "Let's stay friends forever (Y/N)" You heard the same voice that has been in your head for the past few days. You shivered. 'Did I think that or did someone SAY that?' You questioned yourself shaking your head. "I never want to lose you!" You heard the voice again.

      "I-Is someone there?" You called again. No answer. Sighing you turned around seeing no one. "It's all in your head (Y/N)" You tell yourself. But just in case you picked up the pass. Panting, you came to a stop at a oak tree. You thought this was odd since there were only pine trees around. Looking at the bark you noticed something odder. It had your name in it! You traced your fingers over it. Then you realized it had someone else name also. But sadly it was etched out.

      "Never forget me when you leave.." A different older voice said. Not the child's voice you've been hearing but it still sounded familiar to you. Your turned around. Still no one was there. Looking up you spotted someone but couldn't make out their features though the branches.

      "A-Are you following me?! W-What do you want!" You called up at the mystery person. Once again, no answer. You growled and looked away from them. You gaze turned back to the tree. You wondered who this person was and why they seemed so familiar to you. "I just want to know their name.." You mumbles to your self frowning. You looked back up into the trees and saw that person was gone. "And who was THAT!" Sighing you walked back to your campsite. Dawn was starting to break the night sky and you saw that (Y/Friends/N)'s parents were up.

      "Good morning (Y/N)! Sleep well?" Her mom asked. You nodded and walked over to the tent. You sighed and sat down on your makeshift bed. Suddenly you remembered a picture you have kept in you DS case since you were little. Well more like the picture was taken when you were younger. You just recently put it there when you parents gave it to when you turned 16. Rummaging through you suitcase, you found your DS case. Opening it you took out a black and white picture. It was of you when you were six and of a little boy. Disappointed that you couldn't see exactly what the boy looked like you stared at the picture. What you could make out was you, a tiny little German Shepard pup, and the boy. He had somewhat shaggy hair, a t-shirt, and jeans but you couldn't make out anything else about him. Yet it brought back a few memories of when you were younger. They were some what clear memories except you still didn't know who the boy was!

      "Morning (Y/N). What do you got there?" Your friend asked sitting up and rubbing her eyes. You quickly put the picture away. "You ok, (Y/N)?"

      "Yeah I'm fine. Just a bit creeped out that some boy at this lake was following me." You half lied. You didn't even know if the boy was real but you didn't tell your friend that.

      "Oh ok. Let me wake up a bit and get something to eat then we can go to the lake!" You friend said smiling. She quickly got changed and walked out of the tent. You nodded ok even though your friend couldn't see you. The memory of the tree was still on your mind. You still desperately wanted to know WHO was following you and what the etched out name was.